Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Omega Psi Phi and LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me emphasize that this chaplain is not the subject of my criticism. It is what he is saying. I was in the fraternity, and knew it well for the 5 years I was in it. I understand how his conclusions are drawn.

Gary
I have studied what it means. Christ relationship with the Disciples epitomized friendship. He said himself in John 15:15

Min. H
He does not study what the Fatherhood of God (FOG) and the Universal Brotherhood of Man (UBOM means. It has nothing to do with friendship, rather it is religious pluralism. John 15:15 has nothing to do with the religious pluralism either. The scripture has to do with coming to know the One True God through Jesus Christ, not coming to know God through other religions.

Gary
Friendship is key in Omega. We minster through through a church, but by means of Our Faternity to be Godly Men in True Godly Friendship. Just like not every member of a church and someone who calls themselves Christian serves God I know not ever Omega is More or less Godly than the next man. But as a Minister of God, I teach and encourage my fraternity Bothers to hold fast to Gods word and principles and walk in them. I encourage Godly principles like how to walk right, treat your family, support and work in their local church.

Min. H
The principle of friendship is important, but it is not essential to the soul. Your fraternity promotes and teaches principles contrary to the Biblical Worldview. Should one teach sinners to hold fast to God's Word? How is that done? How do you encourage a sinner to walk right? Not only is it impossible, this is teaching works. Should sinners be working in their local church?

By comparing Your Fraternity to a church is a bit disingenuous. All throughout the ritual are anti-biblical teachings. Even ones that on the surface appear good are not. The dialogue on FAITH and OBEDIENCE truly has nothing to do with one's personal FAITH IN and OBEDIENCE TO God. Rather the Fraternity teaches that the initiate to place their FAITH IN and OBEDIENCE to the Fraternity. (I will quote the dialogue in the next post).

Gary
Fred you can always visit our chapter meeting. Also you could also give me your entire and information on who you are.

Min. H
I may do this.............

Gary
Omega also has a Grand Chaplain if you wanted the FRATS stance on its relationship to Godly principles. I will say this. If you are a OMEGA as you state you know our founder was Bishop of the AME church. Do your research on him and his role in the FRAT and maybe that will answer some questions for you.

Min. H
Bishop Love became a 32nd degree mason. That says alot about his Religious Worldview. I know about Bishop Love and how memebrs of the fraternity use him as a crutch. The bottom line is that one man does not change what is written in the ritual. If Bishop Love was truly a Godly man, he would have dissolved the fraternity, after the many attempts to rid it of brutality. Can he be quoted more than once about him threatening to shut the fraternity down, or quit the fraternity? I doubt it. I have read the blue and purple books. I did not see anything notable about Bishop Love. I do not remember seeing the word Jesus, Salvation, the Blood, I got saved, etc. ONE TIME in both history books.

As I promised, too long ago, the dialogue on faith and obedience. This is how the dialogue BEGINS.

"Friend, having gone thru the first test, you come to the second, which is a test of your faith.

The scriptures say, 'without faith it is impossible to please God.' Without faith it is also impossible to please man." (THIS SHOULD BE A RED FLAG IN THE BELIEVER'S MIND. LET'S CONTINUE)

"Business is built upon faith; schools are built upon faith; churches are built upon faith; homes are built upon faith;"

Notice how it sounds good, until you get to the part about the type of faith Omega wants you to show them.

"This is the kind of faith you are to have in your brothers and this is the kind of faith you are to inspire them to have in you"

Here is the purpose of the test of faith as I told. It has nothing to do with faith in God, but faith in your brothers. The five tests has one purpose; to bind you emotionally to Omega and the brotherhood through common trials or tests.

Now you are blindfolded and they want you to swallow an unidentified pill. If you refuse, they shove it down your throat.

Now for the explanation of the test.

"The second test exemplified your faith in your BROTHERS and this faith will cause you to receive from and entrust to your brothers such things as you yourself hold inviolable."

Allow me to explain what this last quote means. If a brother confides ANYTHING to you, you must keep it to yourself.

Inviolable- prohibiting violation; secure from destruction, violence, infringement, or desecration: an inviolable sanctuary; an inviolable promise.

incapable of being violated; incorruptible; unassailable: inviolable secrecy.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/inviolable

All quotes taken from the 1934 and/or 1976 ritual of Omega Psi Phi

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107.
Also for the use of evangelical purposes, in the form of teaching.

Now where was Bishop Love's assessment of this and other rituals performed?

What's up with Eddie Long now?

You're not a Que or Kappa are you???????

negative...

WE shouldn't worried about negative things. Lets party. Can't wait for November 17, 2011. I see some people starting already. Http://www.quesandevents.com

Ques and Events
WE shouldn't worried about negative things. Lets party. Can't wait for November 17, 2011. I see some people starting already. Http://www.quesandevents.com

I agree that you shouldn't. But the issue is what to do with the reality of these negative things. This has been the failure of BGLO's. They have not realistically handled their business. So have a good time doing what you all do best, being OWT and doing nothing, which is exactly what you did in my hometown last summer during the Conclave. The only fliers I saw were ones with parties on them.

where did you get the info for the 5 tests??

knowledge
where did you get the info for the 5 tests??

Who said it was 5??

I guess you don't read what you write because you clearly did

Obvious
I guess you don't read what you write because you clearly did

Just because I said it doesn't mean that he knows that I know or do not know. In my world, many believe that I was never an Omega, and just fish for information. I could have gotten that information from anywhere and claimed it was the ritual. You never know who is probing for information they do not need.

Now if he read clearly, I stated where I got my information from, which was the reason for my question?

If you read what I wrote, you would know that as well depending on how picky you want to be.

But it's all good, I'm not mad at anyone, but I hope that I have answered the question.

The lol is you eternal lamp. It always cracks me up when weak ass cats like you could not persevere to get to Omega land and spend your time doing bull**** like this. Get a life.😂😂

When did you actually pledge? If after 1990, what do you know about being a lamp? If you did, then you would know what it takes to be an eternal lamp? DFOEC!!!!!!!!!!