Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Undergrad AKA's Denounce and Share Testimonies

By the way, I sent you an e-mail concerning your affiliation.

I only received the Bravenet Member Services Forum Update Notification. If there is an additional email, it bounced.

If you want to change people, then you must first change yourself.

I do find your arguments entertaining. I am happy that we have the oportunity to banter back and forth like we've done. Unlike yourself, I do not share in the eurocentric vision and version of modern Man's spiritual enlightment, especially when it comes to African Americans. Many of our brothers and sisters, like yourself, will never ever believe that what we call christianity had it's origins in Africa. Until our brothers and sisters, like yourself, unbind themselves from this myopic thought process, we, as a people, will never be liberated from the spiritual shackles that bind us to the slavemaster's religion.
The aurguments you use were the same aurguments used by Colonial Europe to enslave the African, to colonize the African continent except for Ehtiopia, to justify slavery here in Ameirca until 1865, to systematically eradicate the Native American, the Indigenous peoples of the Carribean and Native cultures that thrived in Central and South America.

Since Jesus was not a Christian, those of us who believe in His word but yet not believe in christianity understand that the two are not congruent.

IMHO, you CAN be a follower of Jesus and His teachings and NOT be a Christian. If you find a scripture where Jesus says in His words: "Thou must be a Christian in order to follow me, then post it here". But I can tell you, you will not. Jesus was the incarnation of God, therefore He could not have been Christian.

Christianity is not the only religion having issues with maintaning followers. The problem for all religions is with the Net. With all the religious books published, people like myself, are educating themselves about their specific religions and belief systems. This does not bode well for anyone trying to interpret what someone said or didn't say when people can read it for themselves. No disrespect and this is your MB but from a religeous and spiritual perspective: "Who are you to tell anyone how they should be living and believing?"

So what am I saying. It comes down to how You(plural) are living not the nomenclature that you(plural) choose to call yourself. If you want to change people, then you must change yourself first.

Since you do not take kindly to those who might challenge you, I will not post again.

You have my email so hit me up if you'd like. Take care.

Re: If you want to change people, then you must first change yourself.

Sammy
I do find your arguments entertaining. I am happy that we have the oportunity to banter back and forth like we've done. Unlike yourself, I do not share in the eurocentric vision and version of modern Man's spiritual enlightment, especially when it comes to African Americans.

Min. H
Allow me to show you your hypocrisy. You are willing to believe a Eurocentric rendering of Christianity when it comes to celebrating pagan holidays, but not when it comes to blacks. You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. By the way, much of biblical history is from the African region. So the Bible is very well rounded from both sides of the tracks.

Sammy
Many of our brothers and sisters, like yourself, will never ever believe that what we call christianity had it's origins in Africa.

Min. H
Now without reading what you just wrote above, I just refuted what you claimed. As for its origins, I would say no, but as for its early beginnings, yes. The Ethiopian Coptic church is a great example.

Sammy
Until our brothers and sisters, like yourself, unbind themselves from this myopic thought process, we, as a people, will never be liberated from the spiritual shackles that bind us to the slavemaster's religion. The arguments you use were the same aurguments used by Colonial Europe to enslave the African, to colonize the African continent except for Ehtiopia, to justify slavery here in Ameirca until 1865, to systematically eradicate the Native American, the Indigenous peoples of the Carribean and Native cultures that thrived in Central and South America.

Min. H
To this may I add that your hypocrisy, or lack of knowledge is evident. The Ethiopians and Egyptians were masters at slave ownership and of the slave mentality for which you speak. The slavemaster's religion is everything but Christianity. Just because men may have used it for evil purposes does not make it evil. You are actually doing the same injustice to yourself, and making your stand, which is to be against Christianity, to be actually against your claim. The Bible never justifies the TYPE of slavery for which you speak, and I believe you know that, which makes you disingenuous. I also noticed that you mention nothing about the black-on-black slavery that occurs in almost every country of color to this very day.

Sammy
Since Jesus was not a Christian, those of us who believe in His word but yet not believe in christianity understand that the two are not congruent.

Min. H
I would ask for a rephrase, but this is your last post. AND BY THE WAY, SEND ME AN E-MAIL, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS THIS FURTHER.

Sammy
IMHO, you CAN be a follower of Jesus and His teachings and NOT be a Christian. If you find a scripture where Jesus says in His words: "Thou must be a Christian in order to follow me, then post it here". But I can tell you, you will not. Jesus was the incarnation of God, therefore He could not have been Christian.

Min. H
You framed the question with the APPARENT possibility that it could not be answered, and that by not being able to do so, you had an ace in the hole. Sorry, but your point and question, which you answered is irrelevant. The term was given to those who FOLLOWED Jesus. You cannot call me a Muslim, and say that I am a follower of Jesus Christ, which is the point I believe you are trying to make. The word, "Christian" is not based on what Jesus was, but on the character of His followers. So if you follow Jesus according to His word, you are a Christian. Please look up the Greek word for it.

Sammy
Christianity is not the only religion having issues with maintaining followers. The problem for all religions is with the Net. With all the religious books published, people like myself, are educating themselves about their specific religions and belief systems.

Min. H
Which you have yet to NAME????? And I am glad that everyone can see the Word of God laid open. I believe that the most historically reliable book can be exposed for criticism. But what the CRITICS FAIL TO DO, PURPOSELY, is to EXAMINE ALL OTHER WORKS OF LITERATURE BY THE SAME STANDARDS. I dare you to do that Sammy, and see what happens.

Sammy
This does not bode well for anyone trying to interpret what someone said or didn't say when people can read it for themselves. No disrespect and this is your MB but from a religeous and spiritual perspective: "Who are you to tell anyone how they should be living and believing?"

Min. H
It bodes very well, and once again, I addressed your point above prior to reading it about the Bible's reliability. I am not telling anyone how to live. The Bible does that all by itself. When you can clearly show with documented evidence that their is another book with more historical reliability than God's Word, then you can make that statement. By the way, if I tell someone that Jesus is the ONLY WAY, who's actually telling that person that?

Sammy
So what am I saying. It comes down to how You(plural) are living not the nomenclature that you(plural) choose to call yourself.

Min. H
Never said anything to the contrary, and neither does the Bible. I agree that merely professing to be something doesn't mean you are, and I have not given the impression that it does. The label given to those is EXACTLY THE REASON YOU STATE. They were called what they were recognized to actually be, Christians. So if you are not a Christian, why call yourself one? I am sorry Sammy, but you nor I have the right to trump history, and play some redefinition of words game. The redefining of terms is a dangerous game, played by the very people you seem to be putting down (i.e. whites). So who is is bondage to who in your case?

Sammy
If you want to change people, then you must change yourself first.

Since you do not take kindly to those who might challenge you, I will not post again.

Min. H
I have answered your post from day one, so please don't insult yourself by lying to yourself. I can change no one Sammy, and I believe that's the problem. My good works do not save myself, nor others, can you show me a scripture that says we or others are saved by the works we do? People will go to hell having all the near perfect examples in their lives. While others will grow up in the most evil of conditions, and accept Jesus as Lord and Savior.

Sammy
You have my email so hit me up if you'd like. Take care.

Min. H
You have mine, so since you say mine is not getting to you, hit me up. glos_havebeenexposed@yahoo.com

Not Telling The Whole Story

Okay here are a few problems that I have with the "testimonies" that were given above.

1. Each young lady tells of herself "changing" after pledging and how "different" they became as a result. There are many reasons that people lose focus on God, and to say that because a few women lost focus due to their membership in a sorority, that no one should join a fraternity/sorority is perposterous. There are people who say that their job caused them to lose focus on God, but does that mean that they shouldn't work? NO! You have to learn that no matter what you do, you have to put God FIRST. Being both saved and greek is possible, so don't let "Minister H" tell you otherwise.

2. All of the women who have expressed their "testimony" here so far are what we in the Greek community like to call PAPER GREEKS. As in they did not pledge. And because they did not pledge they do not gain the sense of brotherhood or sisterhood, or even the basic principles of the organization that someone who pledged would have. Embedding these things in a person is a process, a process that takes time. So if you want a true perception of Greek Life, talk to a proudly pledged member of an organization and ask them of their experiances. These women's conflicts were hardly based on their ties to their organizations, because there were hardly tied to their organizations. Because they did not pledge they were prbably ostracized and isolated from the other members of their sorority, and that is most likely why they renounced their letters.

3. In all of his lecture on the contradiction of GLOs with Christian principles and living, I have yet to read a scripture that explains how Greek life is in conflict with a Godly life. Greek letter organizations have a motto, mission, and creed that explains its purpose, and while the purpose of a greek letter organization is not religious or overtly spiritual, these organizations do not claim to be relgious. While I respect the views of others I believe that minister H's view on GLOs are interesting yet misguided, and please young aspirants do not take them into too heavy consideration when deciding whether to join an organization, instead talk to God, pray to Him and ask him whether its the right decision to make in your life.

Re: Not Telling The Whole Story

"Okay here are a few problems that I have with the "testimonies" that were given above.

1. Each young lady tells of herself "changing" after pledging and how "different" they became as a result. There are many reasons that people lose focus on God, and to say that because a few women lost focus due to their membership in a sorority, that no one should join a fraternity/sorority is perposterous. There are people who say that their job caused them to lose focus on God, but does that mean that they shouldn't work? NO! You have to learn that no matter what you do, you have to put God FIRST. Being both saved and greek is possible, so don't let "Minister H" tell you otherwise.

Min. H
True, but Greek Life presents many conflicts. One who works is worthy of honor. Working is an honorable thing. But we are not discussing work, we are discussing membership in a GLO.

2. All of the women who have expressed their "testimony" here so far are what we in the Greek community like to call PAPER GREEKS. As in they did not pledge. And because they did not pledge they do not gain the sense of brotherhood or sisterhood, or even the basic principles of the organization that someone who pledged would have. Embedding these things in a person is a process, a process that takes time. So if you want a true perception of Greek Life, talk to a proudly pledged member of an organization and ask them of their experiances. These women's conflicts were hardly based on their ties to their organizations, because there were hardly tied to their organizations. Because they did not pledge they were prbably ostracized and isolated from the other members of their sorority, and that is most likely why they renounced their letters.

Min. H
You are assuming here, while also advocating an illegal and immoral process. This is what people who pledge do. They place themselves upon a pedestal above those who are paper. What you should have been doing is CONDEMNING the pledge process. Instead, as most Greeks, including those that are BELIEVERS, give credence to the pledge process. So you believe that "brotherhood or sisterhood, or even the basic principles of the organization" must be learned through a pledge process? How long does it take? I could use your job analogy in much the same way. I do not have to go through a bonding process with my coworkers to do and be good at my job.

3. In all of his lecture on the contradiction of GLOs with Christian principles and living, I have yet to read a scripture that explains how Greek life is in conflict with a Godly life. Greek letter organizations have a motto, mission, and creed that explains its purpose, and while the purpose of a greek letter organization is not religious or overtly spiritual, these organizations do not claim to be relgious. While I respect the views of others I believe that minister H's view on GLOs are interesting yet misguided, and please young aspirants do not take them into too heavy consideration when deciding whether to join an organization, instead talk to God, pray to Him and ask him whether its the right decision to make in your life."

Min. H
You have yet to read one, yet you have failed to take any scriptures I have used and prove they that are used improperly.

"Greek letter organizations have a motto, mission, and creed that explains its purpose, and while the purpose of a greek letter organization is not religious or overtly spiritual, these organizations do not claim to be relgious." Interested

Min. H
So you say, yet you offer no proof of this, while I have offered such proof. If you would read the post about SPP vs.OPP, this proves you wrong. Beside showing a similarity in ritual, it discusses eternal life. ALL BGLO's have this in their rituals.

My other problem with your claim is that these organizations make many religious claims and statements. Since we are discussing AKA here, they claim to choose women of high MORAL and ETHICAL STANDARDS. What are those standards?????????? The are relative, which means there are truly no standards at all, nor are these standards mentioned.

Can you be a fornicator and have high moral and ethical standards, INTERESTED?

Sammy
Just be truthful with people who listen to you. Jesus was not a Christian. Christianity was established by a Roman Emperor. The major Holidays of the Christian Church are of Pagan origins. The Bible is a catalog of books written mostly by white men who claim they were inspired to write their versions of what Jesus and the Apostles meant.

Sammy also said before the above,
"I suggest talking to those who worship with you and who are still active in their respective BGLO. Better yet, find a church leader, who is active, and listen to what they say on the matter."

Min. H
Anyone see the pure oxymoron here? He wants you to talk to your church leaders and those you worship with, even though he disparages their beliefs. So he wants you to go to people for the truth, who apparently believe a lie

Sammy
You see, once the masses figure out the truth that each have a direct connection to Jesus/GOD without any intermediaries like yourself, then the jig is up! No more paydays from the pulpit, book fees, speaking fees, non of it.

Min. H
I have no pulpit, I have a right to charge for services rendered like anyone else, and I work for a living.

Sammy
Here's the game:

1. Live foul-
2. Have a great awakening
3. Repent
4. Tell others they should repent like you
5. Pay me for buying my book that discusses the
previous four items and how buying my book will
help you out...

Next thing you'll be asking for everyone's W2 on this MB, for tithes, so you can build your church, buy zoot suits, drive a nice car ...*smh*

Min. H
Don't know what happened to you dude, but church hurts usually breed this type of contempt. If you read this site, you would know that I do not believe in paying tithes. The nicest car I have ever driven is a Honda, I "OWN" 2 or 3 suits, but I am building Jesus' church.

Sammy
You want to focus on a group of people living foul, then look at so-called ministers, preachers, priests..etc.

I look forward to you finding some obscure biblical verse stating why you won't/can't address my questions.

Min. H
I have a verse for you. John 3:3/John 3:18b

After reading this post, I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual. If you make your sorority or your fraternity your god, then um yes that is sinful, but whose fault is that? I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord. I have good friends who are active in their BGLOs and active in their church. Some are even church leaders. Some of the organizations even work along with churches. Maybe that chapter was not heading by God fearing individuals because the AKAs I know attend church regulary and CONSTANTLY uphold the Lord while at the same time show pride in their organization.

I know plenty of greeks who DO make their organization their God. This is all they talk about and they will not put anything ahead of it.I am not going to lie, some of them freak me out because they are obsessed with it. At the same time, I know many Greeks who are dedicated Christians, attend church and some that are pastors or church officials. Did the organization tell you to stop going to church and stop worshiping the Lord? I understand that they require you to do alot but like ANY THING ELSE, job, school, social life, etc, YOU have to set the limitation on what you will do.You should not spend ALL day long everyday all day with them.

It is just like anything else that is so important in your life. Your career and education are valuable, but some people take it too far and end up making THOSE their gods. When people get married, they make vows and partake in rituals so I am not understanding why people feel that the BGLO's are or can NOT be of God.

Blessed One.
After reading this post, I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual. If you make your sorority or your fraternity your god, then um yes that is sinful, but whose fault is that? I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord. I have good friends who are active in their BGLOs and active in their church. Some are even church leaders. Some of the organizations even work along with churches. Maybe that chapter was not heading by God fearing individuals because the AKAs I know attend church regulary and CONSTANTLY uphold the Lord while at the same time show pride in their organization.

I know plenty of greeks who DO make their organization their God. This is all they talk about and they will not put anything ahead of it.I am not going to lie, some of them freak me out because they are obsessed with it. At the same time, I know many Greeks who are dedicated Christians, attend church and some that are pastors or church officials. Did the organization tell you to stop going to church and stop worshiping the Lord? I understand that they require you to do alot but like ANY THING ELSE, job, school, social life, etc, YOU have to set the limitation on what you will do.You should not spend ALL day long everyday all day with them.

It is just like anything else that is so important in your life. Your career and education are valuable, but some people take it too far and end up making THOSE their gods. When people get married, they make vows and partake in rituals so I am not understanding why people feel that the BGLO's are or can NOT be of God.

"I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual." Blessed One

Truth is not dependent upon any individuals position. Truth stands alone all by itself. AKA uses to false gods to represent things that ONLY the true God can represent and bestow upon individuals. Atlas and Themis are those two gods. AND AKA sets itself upon the pedestal of the highest authority.

[The candidates of pledges are asked if they are will to be ****SUBMISSIVE**** and in EVERY WAY ****SUBJUGATE**** themselves to the highest authority? Then after they accept, they are asked, what PROOF do they have, then they are TOLD to repeat the following, "I SHOW MY ****SUBMISSION**** BY ****KNEELING****"] Taken from AKA Ritual

Min. H
Now let me go back to what you said.

"I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord." Blessed One

Min.H
You just did out something ahead of Him. You were not kneeling to the the Lord Jesus. Now if you're an AKA, don't beat around the bush by avoiding what I have written, but please address it. And please explain, "expected to properly represent the organization." Blessed One

Min. H
This is relative morality. How many people in your sorority fornicate, use profanity, are in adulterous relationships, pregnant out-of-wedlock, etc.? Do they have their memberships revoked? Hazing seems to be the only moral standard AKA upholds, and even the majority of unbelievers know that hazing is ungodly.

And as far as I am concerned church attendance and church leadership are meaningless to me. I am judging the organization and its inherent problems with what is written. Can the Bible be accused of promoting idolatry among its followers? Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!!! The AKA ritual, well you should know it well, goes on to give a mandatory pledge to its initiates, which is often repeated by the members, What did you(?) pledge to ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA? Your heart, mind and strength.............

Hebrew isrealites are false too.

You will know them by the spirit they have.
Many have the anti christ spirit.
www.christianword.org There is not oath that the
Jesus didnt break. There is no stonghold that
can keep you in something that God want you to come out.
In Jesus name.

Hebrews 1:8 States that Jesus is God. What is and has
happen before we were even born. Many false prophets, teachers and leaders claiming they are christian, or say they have a christian centered organization. Have
used the bible to establish they are christian. They may
be sincere but being sincere will not give you eternal
life. We have be indoctrinated with mans denominations
were we don't realize it. Until We have to learn to live by faith. That's why there is denomination.
Because people don't agree on certain things.
Some may know somethings to be true. Holidays are pagan. But the bible when it is presented right which
is the gospel will get free from all those false
doctrines like brother Hachett is trying to do.
He's not in it for money. If the gospel be hidden it
is hidden to those who are lost. Someone has to present the truth to the people because everyone claiming they are born again are not. Every church claiming they are christian are not. And they are in
other things They are blind to. Like many of us are.
Many have put out books to say the bible is this.
And then they turn around and use a scripture out of context to get you to believe they know what it meant. You must be born again John Chapter 3.

Stop using the bible to justify your love for the faternity and soroities. You are not of God.

"I have not read all the comments, but the Lord knows I plan to! I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of any “divine nine” organization, however, I am a member of a local sorority, & I am also a pastor’s daughter. My uncles are pastors, my aunts evangelists & First Ladies. Both my paternal grandparents were pastors, (my gma was the first african american woman to pastor a church in Key West, Florida!) My parents encouraged me to pursue my sorority membership, after I expressed my interest because they felt as though I was finally going to finish something after I started it. That’s just the parental way, I was lazy & never went through with anything. During the pledge process however, my family was in turmoil, I couldn’t pay my dues, I didn’t make all the lines & my GPA went from a 3.3 to a 2.5. I felt screwed. FINALLY after six months, I made it across the burning sands and my parents were happy.

Afterwards I fully realized my desire to be a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha, but I couldn’t do so because of my enrollment in a community college, & because I had planned on transferring to a 4 year college later on, I decided to do massive research on the organization to be prepared for the interest meetings & eventually the pledge process. Because, lets all be real here, no matter what they say, they STILL pledge.

So back to the issue here, I finally yielded to the Lord as my personal savior (*applause* LOL) & read my Bible, I actually sleep with it next to me, but I was SO enthralled with the women, excuse me, “ladies of AKA” that I was determined to find out EVERYTHING. I even did the impossible. I obtained a copy of their ritual book. (I know, I’m SUPERWOMAN.) I also have DST & APhiA, and if you need proof, I can send you the scanned pages.

I used to scower (sp?) the internet looking for chants, songs & dances that would help me feel like a member, THAT bloodthirst in itself is sinful!! I stopped reading my Bible, I was too busy reciting the founders from memory, I wasn’t praying, I was too busy looking at pink & green probates, etc. My mind was consumed with the “pretty girls who wear twenty pearls”. Even to this day, I have to ask God to help me with the desire to be accepted, because that's honestly all it is. Its a desire for the FLESH to be validated.

I said all that to say, if you don’t feel the presence of God LEADING YOU to join these organizations, I wouldn’t. I feel God sends some people to these things to teach them lessons, or to help bring others out of bondage. This comment was in no way meant to condemn, but I just hope people go to God first & that he has mercy on those who do not see."

How can you state you've never been a part of a D9 organization then tell a story of becoming a AKA via a pledge process?

Confused
How can you state you've never been a part of a D9 organization then tell a story of becoming a AKA via a pledge process?

She was not a real AKA. She pledged at a community college, which does not meet sorority requirements of membership.

Now I would like you to comment on that issue? The fact that a person cannot join because they are not in a 4 year college.

The process, like many in the D9 are illegal. The girls who pledged them knew this. They are called renegade or ghost members, when in reality it's those who pledged them that should be called that.

Why should she contact an active member of a sorority or fraternity in ministry to ask the whether this is born of God? This is the equivalent of the blind leading the blind! The reality is this...joining these orgs, swearing your allegiance to them, bowing before their god and their altar is blatant idolatry! Idolaters will not have any place in God's kingdom because He shares His glory with no one! I am six years free of this org and my relationship with the Lord has skyrocketed! No half-cocked pastor or "Christian" can preach the truth to you if the truth is not in them!

If you join them, prepare to die spiritually because nothing about membership looks, smells, or behaves like Jesus Christ. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried, nor would I want to. If any aka's want to check out the pledge and compare it to Luke 10:27 be my guest. The founders removed the name of the Lord God and substituted aka in the scripture. Another area of concern is this, how can you say that the org is founded on Christian principles when everything that is done internally and externally is contradictory to the Word of God?

Weak are the ones that fall for the devil's devices. He's a liar and a deceiver. Those are the weak ones!!

Blessed
Weak are the ones that fall for the devil's devices. He's a liar and a deceiver. Those are the weak ones!!

Min. H
I would like to add to that the fact that those who are weak are also ones who pledge. They and mentally and psychologically weak. They do not have the will to say hold on a minute, "WOULD I BE ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME IF I WAS NOT GOING TO GET LETTERS? WHY AM I ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

You look in the mirror and see the hand print on your face, or the bruises on your backside and lament, "I guess this is what I have to do to get in."