Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Undergrad AKA's Denounce and Share Testimonies

After reading this post, I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual. If you make your sorority or your fraternity your god, then um yes that is sinful, but whose fault is that? I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord. I have good friends who are active in their BGLOs and active in their church. Some are even church leaders. Some of the organizations even work along with churches. Maybe that chapter was not heading by God fearing individuals because the AKAs I know attend church regulary and CONSTANTLY uphold the Lord while at the same time show pride in their organization.

I know plenty of greeks who DO make their organization their God. This is all they talk about and they will not put anything ahead of it.I am not going to lie, some of them freak me out because they are obsessed with it. At the same time, I know many Greeks who are dedicated Christians, attend church and some that are pastors or church officials. Did the organization tell you to stop going to church and stop worshiping the Lord? I understand that they require you to do alot but like ANY THING ELSE, job, school, social life, etc, YOU have to set the limitation on what you will do.You should not spend ALL day long everyday all day with them.

It is just like anything else that is so important in your life. Your career and education are valuable, but some people take it too far and end up making THOSE their gods. When people get married, they make vows and partake in rituals so I am not understanding why people feel that the BGLO's are or can NOT be of God.

Blessed One.
After reading this post, I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual. If you make your sorority or your fraternity your god, then um yes that is sinful, but whose fault is that? I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord. I have good friends who are active in their BGLOs and active in their church. Some are even church leaders. Some of the organizations even work along with churches. Maybe that chapter was not heading by God fearing individuals because the AKAs I know attend church regulary and CONSTANTLY uphold the Lord while at the same time show pride in their organization.

I know plenty of greeks who DO make their organization their God. This is all they talk about and they will not put anything ahead of it.I am not going to lie, some of them freak me out because they are obsessed with it. At the same time, I know many Greeks who are dedicated Christians, attend church and some that are pastors or church officials. Did the organization tell you to stop going to church and stop worshiping the Lord? I understand that they require you to do alot but like ANY THING ELSE, job, school, social life, etc, YOU have to set the limitation on what you will do.You should not spend ALL day long everyday all day with them.

It is just like anything else that is so important in your life. Your career and education are valuable, but some people take it too far and end up making THOSE their gods. When people get married, they make vows and partake in rituals so I am not understanding why people feel that the BGLO's are or can NOT be of God.

"I am still not convinced that Greek Organizations are sinful or against God. It depends on the individual." Blessed One

Truth is not dependent upon any individuals position. Truth stands alone all by itself. AKA uses to false gods to represent things that ONLY the true God can represent and bestow upon individuals. Atlas and Themis are those two gods. AND AKA sets itself upon the pedestal of the highest authority.

[The candidates of pledges are asked if they are will to be ****SUBMISSIVE**** and in EVERY WAY ****SUBJUGATE**** themselves to the highest authority? Then after they accept, they are asked, what PROOF do they have, then they are TOLD to repeat the following, "I SHOW MY ****SUBMISSION**** BY ****KNEELING****"] Taken from AKA Ritual

Min. H
Now let me go back to what you said.

"I am sure that once one gets into the organization that it may be overwhelming because you DO HAVE TO WORK. You do have to pay, and you are expected to properly represent the organization. But it is your job as a believer to not put ANYTHING ahead of the Lord." Blessed One

Min.H
You just did out something ahead of Him. You were not kneeling to the the Lord Jesus. Now if you're an AKA, don't beat around the bush by avoiding what I have written, but please address it. And please explain, "expected to properly represent the organization." Blessed One

Min. H
This is relative morality. How many people in your sorority fornicate, use profanity, are in adulterous relationships, pregnant out-of-wedlock, etc.? Do they have their memberships revoked? Hazing seems to be the only moral standard AKA upholds, and even the majority of unbelievers know that hazing is ungodly.

And as far as I am concerned church attendance and church leadership are meaningless to me. I am judging the organization and its inherent problems with what is written. Can the Bible be accused of promoting idolatry among its followers? Absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!!! The AKA ritual, well you should know it well, goes on to give a mandatory pledge to its initiates, which is often repeated by the members, What did you(?) pledge to ALPHA KAPPA ALPHA? Your heart, mind and strength.............

Why should she contact an active member of a sorority or fraternity in ministry to ask the whether this is born of God? This is the equivalent of the blind leading the blind! The reality is this...joining these orgs, swearing your allegiance to them, bowing before their god and their altar is blatant idolatry! Idolaters will not have any place in God's kingdom because He shares His glory with no one! I am six years free of this org and my relationship with the Lord has skyrocketed! No half-cocked pastor or "Christian" can preach the truth to you if the truth is not in them!

If you join them, prepare to die spiritually because nothing about membership looks, smells, or behaves like Jesus Christ. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried, nor would I want to. If any aka's want to check out the pledge and compare it to Luke 10:27 be my guest. The founders removed the name of the Lord God and substituted aka in the scripture. Another area of concern is this, how can you say that the org is founded on Christian principles when everything that is done internally and externally is contradictory to the Word of God?

Weak are the ones that fall for the devil's devices. He's a liar and a deceiver. Those are the weak ones!!

Blessed
Weak are the ones that fall for the devil's devices. He's a liar and a deceiver. Those are the weak ones!!

Min. H
I would like to add to that the fact that those who are weak are also ones who pledge. They and mentally and psychologically weak. They do not have the will to say hold on a minute, "WOULD I BE ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME IF I WAS NOT GOING TO GET LETTERS? WHY AM I ALLOWING THIS TO HAPPEN TO ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?"

You look in the mirror and see the hand print on your face, or the bruises on your backside and lament, "I guess this is what I have to do to get in."