Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stophazing, Onolympus, Greekchat, etc.

The Great White Throne of Judgment is interesting. However, since much of it's imagery of "hell" is derived from Dante's Inferno and from the Roman/Greek mythology, I don't give it much credence.

In addition, I find is amazing that many Christian proselytizers say that the third party (Dante's Inferno rendition of hell), Gnostic and Apocryphal writings are not part of official Christian church doctrine but yet mysteriously quote from these writings. *shrug*

Sam
The Great White Throne of Judgment is interesting. However, since much of it's imagery of "hell" is derived from Dante's Inferno and from the Roman/Greek mythology, I don't give it much credence.

In addition, I find is amazing that many Christian proselytizers say that the third party (Dante's Inferno rendition of hell), Gnostic and Apocryphal writings are not part of official Christian church doctrine but yet mysteriously quote from these writings. *shrug*

Historically inaccurate statement about Dante's Inferno around 1300 A.D. and the Great White Throne around 100 A.D.

Let's be honest here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shrugs back.!

Catholicism - Immediately upon death each soul undergoes the particular judgment, and depending upon the state of the person's soul, goes to heaven, purgatory, or hell.

Eastern Orthodoxy - The Eastern Orthodox Church teaches that there are two judgments: the first, or "Particular" Judgment, is that experienced by each individual at the time of his or her death, at which time God will decide where the soul is to spend the time until the Second Coming of Christ (see Hades in Christianity).

Lutherans - do not believe in any sort of earthly millennial kingdom of Christ either before or after his second coming on the last day. On the last day, all the dead will be resurrected.

Millennialism - Particularly among those Protestant groups who adhere to a millennialist eschatology, the Last Judgment is said to be carried out before the Great White Throne by Jesus Christ to either eternal life or eternal consciousness in the lake of fire at the end of time. Salvation is granted by grace
based on the individual's surrender and commitment to Jesus Christ.

Essenes and Rosicrucians—the Spiritualist movement, which includes Christian Science, and some liberal theologies reject the traditional conception of the Last Judgment as inconsistent with an all-just and loving God, in favor of some form of universal salvation.

OK my learned brother. Which of the above versions/variations are correct as it applies the the "Great White Throne? Now be careful. They're all legitimate forms of Christianity though not all are recognized by the Catholic church. So, with that said, is Catholicism the only true Christian religion? If yes, does that mean Protestants, Baptist, Episcopalians are not true Christians? Also, did which version of Christianity did Jesus say we should follow?

Add to that fact that Jesus walk this earth as a Rabbi and the Old Testimate is taken directly from the Torah, are you sure Christians haven't been hoodwinked by a minority of people, basically white males, to do nothing more than to control people and power over the masses?

Sam

"In addition, I find is amazing that many Christian proselytizers say that the third party (Dante's Inferno rendition of hell), Gnostic and Apocryphal writings are not part of official Christian church doctrine but yet mysteriously quote from these writings. *shrug*" Sam

I find it more amazing the number of Holy Books that tend to be so similar to scripture, yet no one finds that amazing. But I would like to deal with this notion of the Quoting from other sources. There are many quotes from the Bible that enlist other sources. How does this in anyway take away from the fact of divine inspiration? It doesn't in anyway.

Since Sam as usual offers no proof for his assertions, I will offer it up for him.

Many people claim that Jude quotes from the Book of Enoch, yet there is no proof for such. Similarities of words do not mean a direct quotation, nor does it assume lack of divine inspiration. But what I find amazing is that it is assumed he quoted from the book of Enoch, when we do not even know if it even existed in anyway at that time.

I read the passage where people believe Jude got his quote form the Book of Enoch, but it looks a lot like whoever wrote the Book of Enoch, received their information from Genesis.

Min. H
Sam

"In addition, I find is amazing that many Christian proselytizers say that the third party (Dante's Inferno rendition of hell), Gnostic and Apocryphal writings are not part of official Christian church doctrine but yet mysteriously quote from these writings. *shrug*" Sam

I find it more amazing the number of Holy Books that tend to be so similar to scripture, yet no one finds that amazing. But I would like to deal with this notion of the Quoting from other sources. There are many quotes from the Bible that enlist other sources. How does this in anyway take away from the fact of divine inspiration? It doesn't in anyway.

Since Sam as usual offers no proof for his assertions, I will offer it up for him.

Many people claim that Jude quotes from the Book of Enoch, yet there is no proof for such. Similarities of words do not mean a direct quotation, nor does it assume lack of divine inspiration. But what I find amazing is that it is assumed he quoted from the book of Enoch, when we do not even know if it even existed in anyway at that time.

I read the passage where people believe Jude got his quote form the Book of Enoch, but it looks a lot like whoever wrote the Book of Enoch, received their information from Genesis.

To quote from other sources, to include The Lost Books, the Apocrypha, Gnostic and others, IMHO, shows a certain "slight-of-hand" by the quoter(s). The problem that organized religion has to day is that much of the "hidden" writings that church leaders claimed laymen could not understand, are public. What religious people are finding out through independent study is that they each have the ability to understand and commune DIRECTLY with god sans any type of religious beliefs. And that knowledge is a direct threat to organize religion and it's hierarchy.

You chastise the BGLO for their specific rituals when in fact, the all of the Christian rituals, outside of those Pagan rituals incorporated by Constantine at Nicaea, originated in African; as did you Masonic rituals. In addition, the mysticism and mythic allegories contained in the Gnostic writings scared the Romans so much, in their bid to consolidate power, that these books were removed and so-called lost. You're a former member of Omega Psi Phi(happy anniversary) and Master Mason. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

To expect decedents of the enslaved Africans to accept that which was stolen from them in the first place, the concepts of Christianity under the guise of eternal ****ation if we don't, is the biggest hustle of the century. You should be ashamed of yourself spitting that misinformation. You know good and well the the Jews weren't the chosen people of God. From the Pythagorean theory to the writings of Plato, Socrates and the other European greats were stolen directly from the library of Alexandria, Egypt aka African. It is no different with the Bible. The fact that you know that and that is what irritates me because there are people that sincerely listen to what you're saying.

"To Thine Own Self be True"

Teach your followers where this phrase originated. Teach your followers that there were more than Ten Commandments and their origins were from Africa. Teach your followers that all of the Christian Church Holidays originated from the Pagans(People of the Woods).

In conclusion, why should the African(s), and Her decendents of slaves, follow that which was stolen and repackaged into a Eurocentric diaspora in which we must look toward the Jews and the European "White" man for salvation?

Please answer this good brother.

"In conclusion, why should the African(s), and Her decendents of slaves, follow that which was stolen and repackaged into a Eurocentric diaspora in which we must look toward the Jews and the European "White" man for salvation?

Please answer this good brother."

Aside from your answers or post being here, there, and everywhere, you ask a poorly framed question. But I will answer nonetheless.

1.) The very same Africans you accuse of being victims of slavery were once the SLAVE MASTERS FOR MUCH LONGER!!!!!!!!

2.) I agree that Africans should not follow that which was "stolen" from them, IDOLATRY. But this history and culture of IDOLATRY is exactly what AphiA teaches as being its cornerstone.

3.) And we do not ask Africans to follow some Eurocentric, look to the white man for salvation. We (born again believers) ask people to follow Christ. So even if you were to cancel all the books from which Jesus directly speaks (red letters), the whole message needed for salvation would remain intact.

And once again, you only offer your racist, prejudicial remarks with no proof of this being the case.

Now that I answered your question, I would like to answer this.

"What religious people are finding out through independent study is that they each have the ability to understand and commune DIRECTLY with god sans any type of religious beliefs." SAM

If I am incorrect, by all means correct me, BUT ISN'T CHRISTIANITY THE ONLY RELIGION THAT TEACHES OF A SINLESS MEDIATOR BETWEEN GOD AND MAN?

If so, please add this to the list of what makes Christianity UNIQUE.

So the question would be, if Christianity is correct, IT ANSWERS YOUR OWN QUESTION OF THE BILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SUBSCRIBE TO IT.

IF CHRISTIANITY IS WRONG, OH WELL, WHO CARES, IT WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON US.

So you want Christianity to concede that its a Pagan Religion just like any other, become a status quo religion and move on? Haven't billions already decided to do so? I will remain on the side of Jesus.

And once again, this God you claim to worship, does he have a name?

How did he/she/it reveal himself to you?

Did you channel his spirit, did he jump into you after reading some gnostic book?

Where did he come from?

JUST NOW I AM BEGINNING TO PUT THE PIECES TOGETHER. YOUR DIRECT RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD DOES REST UPON SOMETHING. AND ALTHOUGH THIS FOUNDATION IS WEAK, UNRELIABLE, LACKS TRUTH, AND IS NOT HISTORICALLY RELIABLE, YOU BELIEVE IT.................

Min H.,

Here is the difference. It's not racist to call it like it is. Christianity and it's tenets were stolen from the African. That is not fallacy. That is a fact. Christianity was at the forefront of the colonization of Africa by the Europeans who view our ancestors as heathens. Christianity was used to enslave, kill and remove the First Peoples of the Americas. Yes, the African was complicit in the Slave trade.

let me quote this:

"The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." -Biko

People have a direct connection to God without going thru any religion. That scares the various religious diasporas around the world. Once lay people understand this, it's over. That does not mean that individuals cannot worship together. However, it means that our religious leaders need to come clean on exactly how it's religious doctrine came about. Stop pointing fingers at BGLOs when your own house is not "clean".

Sam
Min H.,

Here is the difference. It's not racist to call it like it is. Christianity and it's tenets were stolen from the African. That is not fallacy. That is a fact. Christianity was at the forefront of the colonization of Africa by the Europeans who view our ancestors as heathens. Christianity was used to enslave, kill and remove the First Peoples of the Americas. Yes, the African was complicit in the Slave trade.

let me quote this:

"The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." -Biko

People have a direct connection to God without going thru any religion. That scares the various religious diasporas around the world. Once lay people understand this, it's over. That does not mean that individuals cannot worship together. However, it means that our religious leaders need to come clean on exactly how it's religious doctrine came about. Stop pointing fingers at BGLOs when your own house is not "clean".

You deny the one of the essential tenets of Christianity, the Blood Atonement of Jesus Christ. You have no facts to back your claim that Christianity stole anything. What's your source???????

Min. H
Sam
Min H.,

let me quote this:

You deny the one of the essential tenets of Christianity, the Blood Atonement of Jesus Christ. You have no facts to back your claim that Christianity stole anything. What's your source???????

I denied nothing. As I've said, everyone can and will believe what they choose. A majority of people are beginning to question man made religion in it's attempt to dictate how, when, to who and to what they should give praise. You yourself agree that Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi and that the Old Testimate is the Jewish Torah. How can one be Jewish and Christian? Was Jesus and Jew or was He Christian? He was a Jew. Did Jesus establish Christianity? No, men did. And since these are fact, does that negate what the Mormons believe via there version of Christianity? And finally, which you've never answered, which version of Christianity is the correct one for Christians to follow: Episcopalian, Protestant, Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal?

You ask for proof, well I have provided it to you above. If you don't like what BGLOs represent, kool. But stop bashing them in the name of Jesus. They weren't even in existence. Better yet, you'd need to start with the Catholic Church. They worship relics, shrines and images. Start there good brother.

Sam
Min. H
Sam
Min H.,

let me quote this:

I denied nothing. As I've said, everyone can and will believe what they choose. A majority of people are beginning to question man made religion in it's attempt to dictate how, when, to who and to what they should give praise. You yourself agree that Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi and that the Old Testimate is the Jewish Torah. How can one be Jewish and Christian? Was Jesus and Jew or was He Christian? He was a Jew. Did Jesus establish Christianity? No, men did. And since these are fact, does that negate what the Mormons believe via there version of Christianity? And finally, which you've never answered, which version of Christianity is the correct one for Christians to follow: Episcopalian, Protestant, Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal?

You ask for proof, well I have provided it to you above. If you don't like what BGLOs represent, kool. But stop bashing them in the name of Jesus. They weren't even in existence. Better yet, you'd need to start with the Catholic Church. They worship relics, shrines and images. Start there good brother.

First, and I was going to put this last, you have never answered SEVERAL questions throughout this whole thread.

WHERE IS THE WRITTEN RECORD FOR YOUR BELIEFS?

WHERE DID YOUR GOD COME FROM?

I am sure that you know if you cannot answer these questions, the grave position it puts your religious beliefs in.

To all Believers who are or want to be Greek; The lack of answering (what I cal D&D or duck and dodge, has been the staple of what BGLO's are all about when asked he tough questions.

You must ask yourself several questions; Is Sam someone you want to be yoked to? Is he someone you would give the secret handshake to? Are you willing to join an organization that applies your God's Word, but allows anyone's God to reside in it?

The church doesn't, so why should you.

Answer these questions first please......... If not, I will take that as your answer, and place the rest of your answer under the stroke of a delete button.

1.) Jesus was a Jew, but He was also Lord and God. Jesus did not have to be a follower of Himself to establish a religion based on Him. That makes no sense. but what does is that He constantly stated that He came to do the will of His Father. So He established, WHAT YOU CAL MAN-MADE, CHRISTIANITY. So your premise that all religions are man-made are crushed under the weight of Biblical Christianity, which leads into my answer to your next question.....

2.) As long as all denominations follow Biblical Christianity, the name is meaningless.

3.) Christianity is man-named, not man established. All who follow the teachings of Christ were called His disciples. Christianity is nothing more than a synonym for those people who FOLLOW CHRIST or are DISCIPLES OF CHRIST.

4.) My opposition to Judaism and Catholicism are duly noted, which leads to my next answer........

5.) Christ WHILE ALIVE established and fulfilled the Law (THE OLD COVENANT). HIS DEATH END THE OLD COVENANT, and ESTABLISHED THE NEW COVENANT. Jews become Christians like any other person of any other false religion (Judaism prior to the Old Covenant was not a false religion). Judaism today denies Jesus as the Messiah.

First, and I was going to put this last, you have never answered SEVERAL questions throughout this whole thread.

WHERE DID YOUR GOD COME FROM?

I am sure that you know if you cannot answer these questions, the grave position it puts your religious beliefs in.

Allow me to analyze some of your past statements that I never responded to on purpose.

Sam
"We (You included) do not know if Jesus said that He was the only way."

Min. H
Sam, you claim that you KNOW Jesus is not the only way. YOU JUST MADE AN ABSOLUTE STATEMENT. Here is where your logic goes bad. You tell me that I can't possibly know or believe something based on whatever you believe, BUT that what you say is sure and true. Wow, that is either hypocrisy, but for sure a double standard.

Proving the negative (Jesus IS NOT the only way) is BAD LOGIC. That's like a man telling you to prove that he can't fly.” I hope I have never asked you to prove a negative.

Sam
“1. Who decides which teachings are divinely inspired of God and which are "truth"?

Min. H
Both would be the same. Jesus said I am Truth, so who do you think decided? Men never claimed that they determined divine inspiration, but gave that glory to God alone.

Sam
2. Do we have a direct connection to God sans Christian Religion or any other religion?

Min. H
Depends on what you mean? Jesus is the ONLY mediator between God and man. He has the scars to prove it. Jesus said He is the only way to God. So no, it requires a belief in Him.

1 John 2:23
Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

2 John 1:9
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

But I guess this part of the Bible, like John 14:6 must be corrupt.

Watch his hypocrisy below (IN BOLD) as he mentions an occurrence in the Bible, and the surety that it happened. Who wrote it Sam? How do you know it can be trusted?

"Since all religions are "man-made", they are all corrupted on some level. Jesus understood this and that is why he threw the gentlemen out of the temple." SAM

He even gives the SCRIPTURES CREDENCE as he states that Jesus UNDERSTOOD THIS??????? Wow! That is a statement of trust and belief of what is written in the Bible. So Jesus understood this, but went batty when He claimed that the temple was His Father's House?

How do you know he understood this?

You claim later that,

"Jesus is Love, Anything other than that is a man made embellishment." SAM

Does love throw people out of the temple? How come He didn't go in talk to the men and convince them to leave. Oh Sammy! By giving credence to this, then why not the WHOLE INCIDENT?????????

Sam
2. Since all religions are "man-made", they are all corrupted on some level. Jesus understood this and that is why he threw the gentlemen out of the temple.

Min. H
Since all religions are "man-made"- Another statement of absolute truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the scripture about the temple, which reveals who Jesus really is, must be partly corrupt, right Sam? The bible authors wrote one thing as true, and in the next sentence it's completely fiction? THAT'S LIKE PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE. Spin, Click, truth! Spin, Click, truth! Spin, Boom, corrupt!

SO HOW DO YOU, SAM, DETERMINE WHAT IS CORRUPT AND WHAT IS NOT??????

Jesus is the founder of the Christian faith. He did not throw the people out of the temple for that reason, the Bible describes the EXACT reason He did it. But hold on, how can you even trust your reasoning from a book that you claim must be corrupt or MAN-MADE? Ah! The real logic of Sam is unraveling itself.

Sam replied, but did not answer these questions, so his posts were deleted. He decided to respond to,

"Jesus is the founder of the Christian faith. He did not throw the people out of the temple for that reason, the Bible describes the EXACT reason He did it. But hold on, how can you even trust your reasoning from a book that you claim must be corrupt or MAN-MADE? Ah! The real logic of Sam is unraveling itself." Min. H

I took his response, copied it, and re-posted my question.

"First, and I was going to put this last, you have never answered SEVERAL questions throughout this whole thread.

WHERE DID YOUR GOD COME FROM?" Fred

Every person has a direct connection to God without any using any religious dogma.

Sam
Every person has a direct connection to God without any using any religious dogma.

I will allow the post to stand because it's already been said, but it does not answer the questions,

WHERE DID YOUR GOD COME FROM?"

I Timothy 2:5-6
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

I will continue to trust in God's Word, not a belief founded upon thin air, or in some principle taught by fraternity or sorority ritual.

Min H,

Every belief is not written in a book. Every belief, written by the European, is not correct. To you that may sound racist. However, that is a fact. Many beliefs are passed down via oral tradition. In some parts of Africa, they're passed down by Griots. In Native peoples, by Shamans. The list goes on.

My point is that all religious rituals and traditions, no matter which doctrine we're speaking of, were made by men who decided how we, they lay person, should praise God. Jesus never said study the Bible because it did not exist. But church leadership says that we should. Jesus never celebrated the Mass. But yet, in the Catholic church and it's offshoots, it is celebrated. Jesus never said that we must tithe. But many church leaders continue to misconstrue the Old Testimates' meaning in order to pay salaries, mortgages, car notes. Some tell the truth: if we do not received donations, we cannot keep the lights, heat and other things going which allow the physical church to exists. I have no problem contributing when put like that.

God created man. Societies have existed at least 10,000 years before the Europeans came into existence. The Mayan, Native Peoples, Africans, Orientals(with written records) and East Indians to name but a few. Forgive me if I'm skeptical when a group of men say the past is wrong and you must follow me or you're going to hell.

But guess what? Each of the aforementioned peoples have something in common. Each suffered at the hands of Europeans under the banner of Christianity. How do you reconcile this history? Jesus would never advocate this type of behavior.

But here is a scripture I like: "Jesus said: The Pharisees and the scribes have receive the keys of knowledge; they have hidden them. They did not go in, and those who wanted to go in they did not allow. But you be ye wise as serpents and innocent as doves."

God Is.

Sam said,

"Min H,

Every belief is not written in a book. Every belief, written by the European, is not correct. To you that may sound racist. However, that is a fact. Many beliefs are passed down via oral tradition. In some parts of Africa, they're passed down by Griots. In Native peoples, by Shamans. The list goes on."

My point exactly Sam, so God would have an accurate oral record of Himself. So I guess God goes around lying to people saying that polygamy is okay, to another it's not, fornication and adultery is okay, to another it's not, that committing suicide is rewarded for some, and others it's not. And the big one, that human sacrifices are necessary, while to others it's not.

But there are two things that these ORAL TRADITIONS can be held accountable to; something I have been trying to tell you, AN ACCURATE HISTORICAL RECORD. So in reality, what you are saying about any faith or spiritual system, including yours is that it is God's fault for all the killing due to differences in spirituality. The other is ABSOLUTE TRUTH. The Griots can not have one belief and the Shamans an exact opposite and both be correct.

The problem with spirituality is that it foolishly IGNORES or REJECTS reality and defies logic.

There can only be one truth giver, and those truths will NEVER EVER CONTRADICT.

GOD IS WHAT?
Where is your proof that He is?????????