Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stophazing, Onolympus, Greekchat, etc.

Every person has a direct connection to God without any using any religious dogma.

Sam
Every person has a direct connection to God without any using any religious dogma.

I will allow the post to stand because it's already been said, but it does not answer the questions,

WHERE IS THE WRITTEN RECORD FOR YOUR BELIEFS?

WHERE DID YOUR GOD COME FROM?"

I Timothy 2:5-6
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

I will continue to trust in God's Word, not a belief founded upon thin air, or in some principle taught by fraternity or sorority ritual.

Min H,

Every belief is not written in a book. Every belief, written by the European, is not correct. To you that may sound racist. However, that is a fact. Many beliefs are passed down via oral tradition. In some parts of Africa, they're passed down by Griots. In Native peoples, by Shamans. The list goes on.

My point is that all religious rituals and traditions, no matter which doctrine we're speaking of, were made by men who decided how we, they lay person, should praise God. Jesus never said study the Bible because it did not exist. But church leadership says that we should. Jesus never celebrated the Mass. But yet, in the Catholic church and it's offshoots, it is celebrated. Jesus never said that we must tithe. But many church leaders continue to misconstrue the Old Testimates' meaning in order to pay salaries, mortgages, car notes. Some tell the truth: if we do not received donations, we cannot keep the lights, heat and other things going which allow the physical church to exists. I have no problem contributing when put like that.

God created man. Societies have existed at least 10,000 years before the Europeans came into existence. The Mayan, Native Peoples, Africans, Orientals(with written records) and East Indians to name but a few. Forgive me if I'm skeptical when a group of men say the past is wrong and you must follow me or you're going to hell.

But guess what? Each of the aforementioned peoples have something in common. Each suffered at the hands of Europeans under the banner of Christianity. How do you reconcile this history? Jesus would never advocate this type of behavior.

But here is a scripture I like: "Jesus said: The Pharisees and the scribes have receive the keys of knowledge; they have hidden them. They did not go in, and those who wanted to go in they did not allow. But you be ye wise as serpents and innocent as doves."

God Is.

Sam said,

"Min H,

Every belief is not written in a book. Every belief, written by the European, is not correct. To you that may sound racist. However, that is a fact. Many beliefs are passed down via oral tradition. In some parts of Africa, they're passed down by Griots. In Native peoples, by Shamans. The list goes on."

My point exactly Sam, so God would have an accurate oral record of Himself. So I guess God goes around lying to people saying that polygamy is okay, to another it's not, fornication and adultery is okay, to another it's not, that committing suicide is rewarded for some, and others it's not. And the big one, that human sacrifices are necessary, while to others it's not.

But there are two things that these ORAL TRADITIONS can be held accountable to; something I have been trying to tell you, AN ACCURATE HISTORICAL RECORD. So in reality, what you are saying about any faith or spiritual system, including yours is that it is God's fault for all the killing due to differences in spirituality. The other is ABSOLUTE TRUTH. The Griots can not have one belief and the Shamans an exact opposite and both be correct.

The problem with spirituality is that it foolishly IGNORES or REJECTS reality and defies logic.

There can only be one truth giver, and those truths will NEVER EVER CONTRADICT.

GOD IS WHAT?
Where is your proof that He is?????????