Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I Believe the AKA's Were Lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sigma Chapter was suspended in 2000, I remember because I was going to be on the spring 1999 line of the Sigma chapter. I found out later that this chapter did some major hazing with that line. Which is why the chapter was suspended. This chapter covered three different schools and they were Mount St. Mary's College, Pepperdine University, Loyola University, NOT Cal state Los Angeles, which involved the two young ladies that drowned.

Yes they were lying.

Honeybee
The Sigma Chapter was suspended in 2000, I remember because I was going to be on the spring 1999 line of the Sigma chapter. I found out later that this chapter did some major hazing with that line. Which is why the chapter was suspended. This chapter covered three different schools and they were Mount St. Mary's College, Pepperdine University, Loyola University, NOT Cal state Los Angeles, which involved the two young ladies that drowned.

An Ex-AKA from that area claims different. Some of the evidence is to the contrary, some of which was seemingly erased.

Honeybee

Accusations of hazing surfaced almost immediately, but were never proven.

"I've had an easier time infiltrating street gangs than penetrating this organization," Freeman, a former cop, told me not long after the young women died, a few months into his investigation for the family.

Alpha Kappa Alpha leaders said from the start that the group had no role in the deaths. The sorority's chapter at Cal State L.A. had been suspended for hazing, so the pledging process was unsanctioned." http://articles.latimes.com/2007/sep/15/local/me-banks15

This school has no individual chapter name does it? Therefore, the school may have been suspended from intake processes, but not the whole Sigma Chapter.

AKA's were suspended in 2004 from this chapter. When did it become active again. The deaths occurred in 2002, but some girls were suspended in 2004. Doesn't pass the smell test!!!!!!!!

This chapter was suspended in 2000 due to the hazing that happen with the spring 1999 line. There was never a Sigma chapter with Cal state LA, The sigma chapter ONLY covered 3 private colleges. There is no way the sigma chapter was at CAL state LA

Unless that X-AKA went to either Mount st. marys College, Loyola Marymount university or Pepperdine then she would probably know more than me. But I doubt it because the Sigma Chapter at that time was very small no more than 10 girls if that. And I knew the Majority of them.

Honeybee
Unless that X-AKA went to either Mount st. marys College, Loyola Marymount university or Pepperdine then she would probably know more than me. But I doubt it because the Sigma Chapter at that time was very small no more than 10 girls if that. And I knew the Majority of them.

I know the identity of one of the girls who was actually expelled in 2004. I don't know if she will ever say what happened. In a brief exchange of words, she never answered the only question I asked,

"you may be able to answer the hidden question. Was the Sigma Chapter active in 2002 when the girls drowned?"

She was a member at her school, which was under the Grad Chapter's at the time, and had no charter. She moved to California, and became a member of the Sigma chapter. She goes by different names, not calling them aliases, but if I didn't connect the dots, I wouldn't know that the person with different names was the same person.

Min. H.

The sigma chapter was not active in 2002, especially at the Cal state la campus where the two ladies attended because the Sigma chapter only covered three schools which are private. The Sigma Chapter covered one other private school and that was USC (university of Southern California), but they decided to chart another chapter, which became the Iota beta Chapter in May 1974. Therefore, the Sigma chapter only cover the three schools I mention before. Cal state la never had an Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, only DST and ZPB.

I am pretty sure I would know the person because during the time that I was going to be online in the Spring of 1999 There were only about ten members at that time. It was a very small chapter. I remember when I went to the Informational in Jan. 1999, I meet all of the girls that were active in the Sigma Chapter at that time, three of then attended the school I was going to at the time.

So to answer your question one more time Min H. There was no Sorority of Alpha Kappa Alpha at California State University Los Angeles. I remember when it was on the news, I was shocked because I knew The Sigma Chapter never existed at that University. It is sad that two young ladies had to lose their lives under false pretenses.

Honeybee
Min. H.

The sigma chapter was not active in 2002, especially at the Cal state la campus where the two ladies attended because the Sigma chapter only covered three schools which are private. The Sigma Chapter covered one other private school and that was USC (university of Southern California), but they decided to chart another chapter, which became the Iota beta Chapter in May 1974. Therefore, the Sigma chapter only cover the three schools I mention before. Cal state la never had an Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, only DST and ZPB.

I am pretty sure I would know the person because during the time that I was going to be online in the Spring of 1999 There were only about ten members at that time. It was a very small chapter. I remember when I went to the Informational in Jan. 1999, I meet all of the girls that were active in the Sigma Chapter at that time, three of then attended the school I was going to at the time.

So to answer your question one more time Min H. There was no Sorority of Alpha Kappa Alpha at California State University Los Angeles. I remember when it was on the news, I was shocked because I knew The Sigma Chapter never existed at that University. It is sad that two young ladies had to lose their lives under false pretenses.

So when did Sigma chapter become active again after it was originally suspended?

Are you an informed member, Ex-Member, or not a member?

It was suspended in 1999 and never became active again. Once I found out why they were suspended, I did not pursue it in the Fall of 1999. I graduated in the fall of 2002, from one of those schools that I listed before and the chapter was still suspended. Which is why I said before, when I heard that the so called sigma chapter at Cal state La was involved. I knew for a fact that the chapter was suspended in 1999. Because I was still going to school.

After the Spring of 2000, there were only about 4 girls who were members of the Sigma chapter. Those girls graduated in the Fall of 2000.Thereafter there were no presence of any Alpha Kappa Alpha after Fall of 2000. At any of the schools.

Honeybee
It was suspended in 1999 and never became active again. Once I found out why they were suspended, I did not pursue it in the Fall of 1999. I graduated in the fall of 2002, from one of those schools that I listed before and the chapter was still suspended. Which is why I said before, when I heard that the so called sigma chapter at Cal state La was involved. I knew for a fact that the chapter was suspended in 1999. Because I was still going to school.

After the Spring of 2000, there were only about 4 girls who were members of the Sigma chapter. Those girls graduated in the Fall of 2000.Thereafter there were no presence of any Alpha Kappa Alpha after Fall of 2000. At any of the schools.

Then can you explain why four members of that chapter were expelled in 2004?

yep, they had already graduated in 2000. And one of the members that was listed on the expelled list of members at the Boule 2004 was living in TN at the time. Everything seems strange to me, Min. H

Min. Hatchett, My question is this how can you all of a sudden get rid of a chapter(Sigma) that was charted in 1922 ? Because of the actions of four women. That does not make any since to me whatsoever.