Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I Believe the AKA's Were Lying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Min. Hatchett, My question is this how can you all of a sudden get rid of a chapter(Sigma) that was charted in 1922 ? Because of the actions of four women. That does not make any since to me whatsoever.

Yes they were lying.

Honeybee
The Sigma Chapter was suspended in 2000, I remember because I was going to be on the spring 1999 line of the Sigma chapter. I found out later that this chapter did some major hazing with that line. Which is why the chapter was suspended. This chapter covered three different schools and they were Mount St. Mary's College, Pepperdine University, Loyola University, NOT Cal state Los Angeles, which involved the two young ladies that drowned.

Accusations of hazing surfaced almost immediately, but were never proven.

"I've had an easier time infiltrating street gangs than penetrating this organization," Freeman, a former cop, told me not long after the young women died, a few months into his investigation for the family.

Alpha Kappa Alpha leaders said from the start that the group had no role in the deaths. The sorority's chapter at Cal State L.A. had been suspended for hazing, so the pledging process was unsanctioned." http://articles.latimes.com/2007/sep/15/local/me-banks15

This school has no individual chapter name does it? Therefore, the school may have been suspended from intake processes, but not the whole Sigma Chapter.

AKA's were suspended in 2004 from this chapter. When did it become active again. The deaths occurred in 2002, but some girls were suspended in 2004. Doesn't pass the smell test!!!!!!!!

This chapter was suspended in 2000 due to the hazing that happen with the spring 1999 line. There was never a Sigma chapter with Cal state LA, The sigma chapter ONLY covered 3 private colleges. There is no way the sigma chapter was at CAL state LA