Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Great Women Don't Go Greek

This issue about Bible Studies, ministry, etc., does your sorority ritual ever come up for examination? Does the reason for secrecy ever get questioned? If you are saying that you do not like the conformity of dress during the process,then push for open membership. no process of any type. Just pay your money and get in. Look at the oxymoron between sororities and your campus ministry. What's the process to join your campus ministry? How long does it take? What are the requirements? How much does it cost? Do I have to keep secrets?

Do you see what I mean? GLO's are different animals as organizations. They are not Christlike

The issue of leadership on campus. This is a main goal of Greeks to control various aspects of campus life.

Finally, if your sorority and/or campus ministry is so full of believers and committed to Jesus, take a trip to an abortion clinic and protest. Protest gay marriage, and bring all of these Greeks you are trying to win to Christ how standing up for righteousness really is.

By the way, you do not have to be Greek to reach out to the Greek community.

You said not to judge sorority girls right? But you just judged some people in your post. I challenge you to see where you judged. And by the way, if we never made judgments and left it all to God, then everyone would be just fine and have no need for us to approach them.

Greeks will NEVER break the the stereotypes, because they are not stereotypes. If they would drop secrecy and move to open membership, Greek life's true essence would be made known.