Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AKA

Hello, I am a student at Florida State University and I am writing because I hope you can help me. I have been asked to attend an interest social for Alpha phi Alpha fraternity, inc but this is where the problem run in...... I have been into a strong Christian background for most of my life because that's how I have been raised but I really would like to know what I would be getting myself into ahead of time before I consider taking that step. I read that you have a copy of the ritual book. It really would mean a lot to me if i can see the ritual book for APhiA or any of the other greeks to see if this is something that i really want to do before I make a possible mistake........ Sincerely potentially INterested;

*sigh*

If you are genuinely interested in joining my Sorority (or any other Greek-letter organization for that matter)...STOP trying to take shortcuts.

Get your GPA up, do some real work in your community, and stop spending time SCOURING the internet for copies of rituals that you haven't earned the right to experience or witness.

[To the young lady who said she was engulfed by her interest to become a member: do not blame Alpha Kappa Alpha for your inability to manage your time and prioritize.]

99% of what you find will be inaccurate; the other 1% won't matter because you won't understand its meaning or context.

Reaching any goal in life is that much sweeter because of the journey. Enough of the microwave Greek mentality! If you want to become a member, earn it.

As far as the information you receive from "ex-Greeks," consider the source (and the fact that years after denouncing,they still choose to identify as "former member of XYZ" and devote such huge amounts of energy to tearing down organizations they've supposedly left behind).

If you'd like a more accurate image of membership in a Greek-lettered organization, consider seeking out first hand accounts from active members with a (much more) balanced perspective.

Good Luck in your search!

PrettyG20P

Pretty
*sigh*

Min. H
Sighs back after reading first few sentences.

Pretty
If you are genuinely interested in joining my Sorority (or any other Greek-letter organization for that matter)...STOP trying to take shortcuts.

Min. H
By shortcuts, you mean doing the research, but not finding information in the rituals, right? LOL!!!!!!!

Pretty
Get your GPA up, do some real work in your community, and stop spending time SCOURING the internet for copies of rituals that you haven't earned the right to experience or witness.

Min. H
What REAL work? Assuming you belong to a black sorority, AKA, you all have done nothing to come against the greatest onslaught against black women and children. Rather, your sorority has aided and abetted this onslaught through direct promotion and abject silence. I am talking about ABORTION.

Pretty
[To the young lady who said she was engulfed by her interest to become a member: do not blame Alpha Kappa Alpha for your inability to manage your time and prioritize.]

99% of what you find will be inaccurate; the other 1% won't matter because you won't understand its meaning or context.

Min. H
As ALL Greeks do, they make the accusations of inaccuracy, but never bring forth information proving that fact. SIGH.........

Pretty
Reaching any goal in life is that much sweeter because of the journey. Enough of the microwave Greek mentality! If you want to become a member, earn it.

Min. H
Here's the promotion of PLEDGING/HAZING.

Pretty
As far as the information you receive from "ex-Greeks," consider the source (and the fact that years after denouncing,they still choose to identify as "former member of XYZ" and devote such huge amounts of energy to tearing down organizations they've supposedly left behind).

If you'd like a more accurate image of membership in a Greek-lettered organization, consider seeking out first hand accounts from active members with a (much more) balanced perspective.

Good Luck in your search!

PrettyG20P

Min. H
Ex-Members provide perspectives that current members cannot give, the whole truth, unedited.

Here's an accurate image of membership in AKA. 2 out of every 3 people who are AKA's are no longer active or financial. What does that tell you? Almost 70% of all AKA's alive do not fulfill the sorority's obligations.