Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Phi Beta Sigma

I have personally talked to some Sigma men at my university and they told me that you can definitely be a Christian and still pledge Sigma. They also said that they are still heavily involved in their respective churches just like they were before they pledged. So what are your thoughts on being a Christian and joining a frat? I'm a first time freshman btw and I'm considering pledging next semester.

Instant Messenger: ,4

Re: Phi Beta Sigma

Josh Wright
I have personally talked to some Sigma men at my university and they told me that you can definitely be a Christian and still pledge Sigma. They also said that they are still heavily involved in their respective churches just like they were before they pledged. So what are your thoughts on being a Christian and joining a frat? I'm a first time freshman btw and I'm considering pledging next semester.

Hi Josh,

First off, ask them what you are expected to do when pledging, then ask them if you are required.

I am not going to say whether or not you can or cannot be both, but you must ask yourself is it worth the risk spiritually, and then physically, mentally, and psychologically. To pledge is to suspend all common sense and defies all logic.

But give me a holler after you ask them the questions above. Also on this message board, there's a post about what Christians should ask at an interest meeting, but of course this could extend to individuals.

As a believer, should your loyalties to a fraternity TRANSCEND ALL PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES?

Re: Phi Beta Sigma

glos_havebeenexposed@yahoo.com