Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Delta Sigma Theta's National Chaplain

The book, Oh God!, Susan Newman is heretical and damaging to the Black community. It gives a sitiuation where Newman is counseling an engaged couple on premarital sex, while one condones an adulterous relationship to be sought after. What is it then, that we have the most prominent Black female clergy supporting a book that says premarital and extramarital affairs are healthy, not only for Black women, but Black women of God? Here is the National Chaplain of Delta Sigma Theta, Bishop Vashti Mckenzie's review:

"Susan Newman is frank and biblical, says Bishop Vashti Murphy McKenzie, Presiding Prelate, 18th Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church in Botswana, Mozambique and Swaziland. "She is honest and spiritual. She has a firm grasp of what women are privately thinking and is bold enough to bring the discussion to a public forum."

Bishop McKenzie ought to be going to Dr. Newman in love with Galatians 6:1. If no repentance, then label her a critic. BUT INSTEAD, we have her praising the book.

This is what many greeks that confess to be saved simply ignore and comply with. Greeks in positions of spiritual authority are condoning evil and sin of every kind and are either ignorantly or knowingly leading their greek brothers and sisters down the same path. Both of these female clergy ought to be rebuked by their constituency, but they will not. Black people will put up with anything to keep what they desire. So Deltas who confess Christ, where's the outrage? I heard Gwendolyn Boyd has accepted her call to preach. Where will she be at on this issue? Does she have the courage to step to Bishop McKenzie?

The reviews can be found at www.sincerelysusan.com/pressinfo.html

"Susan Newman is frank and biblical."
BIBLICAL!!!!!!

Re: Delta Sigma Theta's National Chaplain/Who's going to call her out?

Here is the complete disgrace of praising this book. There is no sex for woman OR MAN.

“It is about time! Finally the discussion of human sexuality in the church is out of the proverbial closet! Susan Newman brings a much-needed discussion of sex and single women of African descent to the table. She is frank and Biblical. She is honest and spiritual. She has a firm grasp of what women are privately thinking and is bold enough to bring the discussion to a public forum. It is a great read for African American women, single and married, and perfect for women’s groups.”
–BISHOP VASHTI MURPHY MCKENZIE
Presiding Prelate, 18th Episcopal District of the
African Methodist Episcopal Church
Botswana, Mozambique, Lesotho, and Swaziland

MEMBER AND NATIONAL CHAPLAIN OF DELTA SIGMA THETA SORORITY, INC.

Re: Delta Sigma Theta's National Chaplain

The words after Galatians 6:1 should be to label her a HERETIC, not critic.

Minister Hatchett,

Just the review of that book is sickening! I don't even see how a REAL Christian can justify her works, but when you want to involve yourself in something that you know is wrong and someone who calls themself a man/woman of God says it's okay and gives you some justification, regardless of what GOD said THROUGH His servants in the Bible days, then people are happy and want to praise such writings.

She calls herself "Minister" Dr. Susan Newman.
I could call her a false prophet, but maybe she's just misinformed.

Oh and sex is not wrong, fornication is, but people have bought the devil's lie to believe that it's going to happen anyway, but yet it's just that they choose to do (fornicate) it anyway.

Be real with yourself and God,
Let God be glorified

you know i'm reading through all of this stuff on your site and if your trying to save people from satan your not doing a great job. you're being as unchristian as the people you so call say are sinners. YOur teaching people to dispise all those who accept greek life with the usage of words like, sickening and disgrace. instead of praying for those people you feel are misguided your discussing them and teaching people to hate...you are no better than the people you are talking about. i can have more respect for that christian woman than you because she is out there trying to help people and you are here trying to destroy people.
when it all comes down to it this is noithing but negative propoganda. you are not GOD and you can judge no one. so please stop trying to pretend that you are.
while you are sitting here playing on the internet their are souls out there that really need to be saved. no greek that i know pray or pledge their life to their greek organization.

how about if your going to focus on the wrong of black GLO's then focus on the wrong of white, latin,and any Multi-cultural greek organizaion as well.

you just made me realize even more why sisterhood and brotherhood is needed so when people like you try to tear them down, they will always have a brother or sister to lean on.

youre taking ths to seriously...you need to redirect your negative energy to something more positive and uplifting. so then maybe people will actually be listening to what your saying.
God bless

AMEN!!!!!

Well said....

I will have to say that Concerned Christian Greek hit every point on the head. I was thinking the exact same thing. HOw can you tear down something that you obviously were once a part of. Your words didn't make me think, oh maybe they are right, but rather I thought, what is going on with these people and what has happened within their chapter that has made them turn so. Notice I said chapter and not the organizatin as a whole. If thought about my beloved organization and thought chapter, I would not be a member of DST at this present day. People have forgotten that even thought one person, or chapter are corrupt, that doesn't make the organization. Individual people with the same goals make the organization. Take that into consideration before you go and slander things that you obviously know nothing about. As Concerned said, maybe if you were to have a different attitude and air about you and your webpage, myself and others would be willing to listen to you. I said listen, not agree.

Minister Hatchett, do not let your fire die out because then you won't say certain things (b/c of what others think). this is what the devil wants because he knows that sometimes that's all it's going to take is for that one thing to be said (to water the seed that was already planted, or for God to give the increase). I notice people keep saying on this forum and stophazing.org forum that you should have a different attitude, but if you had a different attitude then the fire couldn't be felt therefore not having the effect that God intends.

Continue in HIS will, not man's

I use words no different than Jesus did. People in the Bible have been called names that fit them or the ACTIONS that are defined by those words. If support for sin is not disgusting then what is it? Has ANY DELTA who has been to this site looked up this information about Vashti McKenzie or are you all still relishing her deltahood and being clergy? Is her influence and stature so great that you all are willing to ignore this book review and the statements she made on the State of the Black Union? Fred Hatchett LOVES greeks, but hates what the organizations are about, what they teach, support and promote openly. It's people like me that can love the homosexual and tell him or her they are just as wrong and sinful as can be, because I realize that it's not really me who is saying it. I HATE homosexuality, the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., but that hatred does not, will not and spiritually speaking CANNOT be directed at a the people. If I said that what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and promote is disgusting and say why, is there anything wrong with that? Well, when you find out what they believe I do not see how you could not. The difference between you all and Jehovah's Witnesses is that you all keep your dirt(Uh Oh! Here we go!) secret.

It has gotten worse. Dr. Susan Newman's affiliations are even worse. When you go to this link, just read her various affiliations. Bishop McKenzie herself has been appointed by Obama to sit on some new pseudo-cabinet position with homosexuals, pro-abortionists, etc.
http://www.sincerelysusan.com/moreaboutsusan.html

So six years or so after this post originated, who has turned out to be correct? Concerned Christian Greek and her peanut gallery, or myself and Me? You be the judge, but I also want to bring up another sad issue. Howard Divinity and United Theological Seminary, Dayton, Ohio are the two schools where both women got their masters (Howard) and pH.D.'s (United). Some of the most liberal, black preachers get their degrees at these schools. Their theology is ecumenical, which is why it can be easily understandable why we have our Susan Newman's of today.

Fred Hatchett
I use words no different than Jesus did. People in the Bible have been called names that fit them or the ACTIONS that are defined by those words. If support for sin is not disgusting then what is it? Has ANY DELTA who has been to this site looked up this information about Vashti McKenzie or are you all still relishing her deltahood and being clergy? Is her influence and stature so great that you all are willing to ignore this book review and the statements she made on the State of the Black Union? Fred Hatchett LOVES greeks, but hates what the organizations are about, what they teach, support and promote openly. It's people like me that can love the homosexual and tell him or her they are just as wrong and sinful as can be, because I realize that it's not really me who is saying it. I HATE homosexuality, the doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses, etc., but that hatred does not, will not and spiritually speaking CANNOT be directed at a the people. If I said that what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and promote is disgusting and say why, is there anything wrong with that? Well, when you find out what they believe I do not see how you could not. The difference between you all and Jehovah's Witnesses is that you all keep your dirt(Uh Oh! Here we go!) secret.

I stand corrected concerning the secret dirt. Jehovah's Witnesses have much to hide as well, like their Kingdom Interlinear Translations.