Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An obvious reason Christians such not join

The Word of God gives many reasons why Christians should stay out of Secret Societies also known as frats/sororities. One reason is very obvious. PARTYING! This is one of the examples God showed me when I was interested in pledging. He dealt with me by showing the true nature of the sororities --"Ye shall know them by the fruits." Matthew 7:16

If you go to many of the undergraduate (and even some graduate black sorority websites,) you will see ads for parties, wine tasting events, etc. The undergraduate parties however are open season for Satan--and God cinvicted me while in attendance and I left and necver looked back. The music with nasty lyrics, the behavior, the very essence of the partying is demonic. We have many professing Christians in greek orgs saying "well, we are based on Christian principles" but sponsor porgrams that give Satan as much glory as he pleases-likle parties.

Partying, or the party spirit as mentioned in Galations 5:19 as one of the "works of the flesh" we believers are encouraged to stay away from.

Greek organizations like to party, promote parties, encourage people to pay top dollar to party with them, then in turn claim they will use the money to "uplift our communities!" What a dichotomy!

"Christian Greeks" how can you stay in the org when it sponsors, pays for, promotes and advertises events that God abhors????

Re: An obvious reason Christians such not join

You don't have to party or drink just because you are in a sorority or fraternity. There are many girls in my sorority who don't drink. Drinking is your choice. I am in a sorority I still have my strong christian values I don't drink. You don't have to go to parties either. your argument is not very strong at all.

Re: Re: An obvious reason Christians such not join

""Christian Greeks" how can you stay in the org when it sponsors, pays for, promotes and advertises events that God abhors????"

Why did you ignore this statement? So I guess it is okay to be in a sisterhood where girls do drink, party, fornicate, curse, etc.???????? I Corinthians 15:33 says alot about who you should even hang out with, let alone come into covenant with.