Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beware this Stronghold!!!

I am amazed at how these organizations have placed so much fear into young kids. They come to college campuses unsure of how to approach greeks. Afraid of what to say, what not to say, what events to attend and not to attend; where’s the freedom to be you WITHOUT having to suffer rejection. There is no freedom. Don’t go to a Zeta seminar if you want to be a Delta, even if the seminar can help you with your life. It’s just plain stupid, but true. Visit some greek websites and you will see what I mean. Kids are somehow keenly aware to tread lightly on so-called SACRED ground on their path to greekdom well before they enter college. This kind of intimidation factor should not exist among organizations that claim a high moral and ethical standard. A normally outspoken, bold individual becomes meek and cowardly in the face of people who have gone on before them to be humiliated and hazed, just as they will be soon. They are for some reason intimidated b a bunch of people who have allowed themselves to be beaten and enslaved for the sake of Brotherhood and Sisterhood.

WARNING TO ALL CHRISTIANS
1.) DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELVES TO GET SO ENTHRALLED(ENAMORED) WITH BEING GREEK THAT YOU FORGET WHO YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS. I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN TO MANY PEOPLE. YOU WILL HAVE TO ASSUME A NEW IDENTITY. YOU WILL HAVE TO DENY YOUR HOLY LIVING TO JOIN. YOUR INDIVIDUALITY, WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN JESUS CHRIST WILL BE STRIPPED FROM YOU, AND I’M NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT HAZING.

2.) IF THEY WON’T LET YOU SEE THEIR RITUALS, WHAT ARE THEY HIDING? SHOULD YOU TRUST THEM? EVEN IF THEY’RE YOUR BEST FRIEND, SHOULD MAKE THEM AND YOU EVEN MORE SUSPECT AND VIGILANT. IF THEY HAZE YOU, HOW IS THAT GODLY? IF YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE HAZED, YOU LOST YOUR CONNECTION WITH GOD BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED. WHEN YOU ARE PLEDGING, WHO IS TEACHING YOU? WHO SHOULD BE TEACHING WHOM? IF YOU CLAIM TO BE JOINING TO WIN SOULS, WHAT BETTER PLACE TO START THAN TO SAY NO TO THE HAZING, DRINKING, etc AND TELL THEM THAT IT IS AGAINST GOD’S WORD AND THEIR HIGH MORAL AND ETHICAL STANDARDS (WHICH REALLY DON'T EXIST).

3.) BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST! YOU BETTER START ASSESSING WHO YOU ARE NOW BEFORE YOU JOIN. JOINING IS NOT JUST ONE COMPROMISE. YOU WILL BE FORCED TO MAKE A SERIES OF COMPROMISES OF YOUR FAITH TO JOIN.

4.) Go to other websites and see the foolishness and stupidity of the various greek mentalities that you will be COVENANTING with, IF you remain stiff-necked and join anyway.

AS A BELIEVER, YOU HAVE NOTHING IN COMMON WITH GREEK-LETTER ORGANIZATIONS!!!!!! THERE IS A BIG SIGN ON THEM THAT SAYS, “CHRISTIANS CAN COME IN, BUT AS FOR YOUR BELIEFS,
KEEP OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don’t have time for your moral absolutes and uncompromising attitudes. We are going to do our fornicating, have our parties, do our drinking, use profanity, haze our pledges and whatever else while you keep your mouths shut!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE WE CLEAR?"
And you compromisers will say, Yes soror! and No problem frat!

The true Christian who comes to their wits will say see you later, I have better things to do than be a dumb slave of a dumber and ungodly organization. And if you all make one defamatory or derisive remark to me, I will sue you. What am I as a child of God saying, you better leave me alone, I am not the good ol' slave you thought you could make me.

This is written for the learning of all those who have anything to do with GLO's.

If you have not read Uncle Tom's Cabin, you need to. You need to find out who Sambo and Quimbo are. These two epitomize the GLO mentality of enslaving and beating their own. So who are the real so-called uncle toms? Remember this one thing people: Hazing was an acceptable, legal, expected form of intitiation just 15 years ago. Now it's just illegal, meaning WHAT? The only time hazing becomes a legal issue is when the hazing is so severe it becomes public. It's still acceptable and expected after almost 100 years.

Re: Beware this Stronghold!!!

If people dont want to be greek they dont have to be, we dont force them to become greek, if they are interested then they join.

1.) DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELVES TO GET SO ENTHRALLED(ENAMORED) WITH BEING GREEK THAT YOU FORGET WHO YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS. I HAVE SEEN IT HAPPEN TO MANY PEOPLE. YOU WILL HAVE TO ASSUME A NEW IDENTITY. YOU WILL HAVE TO DENY YOUR HOLY LIVING TO JOIN. YOUR INDIVIDUALITY, WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE IN JESUS CHRIST WILL BE STRIPPED FROM YOU, AND I’M NOT JUST TALKING ABOUT HAZING.

This is not true. I know many greeks who still have their individuality and there is no "new identity" other than aligning yourself with a particular group. I have never denied holy living since I have been a teke nor has anyone else I know.

2.) IF THEY WON’T LET YOU SEE THEIR RITUALS, WHAT ARE THEY HIDING? SHOULD YOU TRUST THEM? EVEN IF THEY’RE YOUR BEST FRIEND, SHOULD MAKE THEM AND YOU EVEN MORE SUSPECT AND VIGILANT. IF THEY HAZE YOU, HOW IS THAT GODLY? IF YOU ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE HAZED, YOU LOST YOUR CONNECTION WITH GOD BEFORE IT EVEN STARTED. WHEN YOU ARE PLEDGING, WHO IS TEACHING YOU? WHO SHOULD BE TEACHING WHOM? IF YOU CLAIM TO BE JOINING TO WIN SOULS, WHAT BETTER PLACE TO START THAN TO SAY NO TO THE HAZING, DRINKING, etc AND TELL THEM THAT IT IS AGAINST GOD’S WORD AND THEIR HIGH MORAL AND ETHICAL STANDARDS (WHICH REALLY DON'T EXIST).

Why should we show people rituals that are only for members? We are hiding nothing, outside people who are not members are not entitled to see anything until they become a member. Hazing is not at all Godly, with that I agree, no one should ever put up with that. I hold to what I learned in pledge and in initiation and nothing can make me forget what I learn and try to exibit every day.

3.) BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST! YOU BETTER START ASSESSING WHO YOU ARE NOW BEFORE YOU JOIN. JOINING IS NOT JUST ONE COMPROMISE. YOU WILL BE FORCED TO MAKE A SERIES OF COMPROMISES OF YOUR FAITH TO JOIN.

I would like to know what you mean by this I have never compromised my faith in Jesus by being a Teke.

4.) Go to other websites and see the foolishness and stupidity of the various greek mentalities that you will be COVENANTING with, IF you remain stiff-necked and join anyway.

We rub shoulders with Non-Christians every day of our lives, we work with them we are friends with them and we eat with them. Should we cut off all non Christian contact?

I also know there are people out there that condemn hazing and beatings and other ungodly activities and they are no less Christians then they were when they joined their organizations.

Let me ask you this, What would you say to me if a college or university forced you to go to a charity function, even if you had other plans or working for your schooling or working to support a wife and kids, but were told you had to go or face punishment by the college or university? Lets go further and say that this is an all night event and you were told that you could not leave or you or your organization would be punished by the university? Lets say that they told you during this "all night charity function" they told you that you were not allowed to sleep? What would you call that?

It happens everyday, there are honest Greeks out there Minister Hatchett, they are not evil, but they are responsible men and women who are trying to make a living and also have some friends, but universities and colleges force them to do these things every day so that they can look good and what do these people get out of it. Instead of taking care of their responbilities, they are told they have to pay for the charity event becuase they were compelled to go and not only do they lose money, they dont get anything out of it! Not even a thank you!

You talk about being hazed by a GLO, look at what the universites do.

Instant Messenger: tkemankm,4

Re: Re: Beware this Stronghold!!!

Robtheteke,

You have great points and hopefully mr. hatchett will allow them to stay on this site so others can read. He is very stubborn and only wants people to see things from his perspective. He reminds you of david koresh and other fanatics who grab onto a specific biblical interpretation and tell everyone else that his interpretation is the correct one.

His big problem is that he was hazed and that was wrong. But instead of fighting against hazing, he has tried to say that all organizations are wrong. He indirectly says that since these organizations haze, then that means that they are bad all the way down to their founding principles. That is not true.

I have had this ongoing debate with him about various things that were added into xianity and caused it to be perverted. He keeps fighting back and says eventhough these things happened in xianity, the religion itself is not bad. A person must go back to the purest form of xianity. This is his arguement eventhough historically xians have murdered millions of people in the name of j*s*s. Well if he can see xianity that way, then GLOs can also be seen that way. True xianity was not about the perversions that occurred or the people who died at the hands of xians. All xians say that people who did that were not true xians. The same applies to GLOs. All of those who haze and murder people are not representing the GLO. Hazing was not a founding principle or a teaching of these organizations. It was introduced into them. Just like false biblical teachings have been introduced into xianity.

Re: Re: Beware this Stronghold!!!

Unity said, " Hazing was not a founding principle or a teaching of these organizations. It was introduced into them."
This is a lie. The Alpha history book proves different. Read your own history book Unity. I will present the quote from the history book later along with a quote from Unity's frat brother to help further show the validity of the First BGLO founded on a college campus.

Rob,
Why did you leave out the moral absolutes and such? You do not answer what you cannot. You and the god of your fraternity Apollo break the rule of moral absolutism. Everything that Apollo represents could be found in a LIVING GOD, but you and your organization chose a lifeless, man-made, Satanically inspired god.