Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All of my LOVE, my PEACE and HAPPINESS, I'm gonna give it too who????

Analyze that Christian greeks. It's so easy to say, "well I don't sing that or say this", well then what kind of member are you? I heard about a believers who swore never to compromise her faith singing this song as a solo on her roll out(when she crossed over, became a member.) SHE COMPROMISED!!!!!!!! and so did a whole bunch of you all reading this post. But the list of peoms and songs goes on. ALL X-MEMBERS, please feel free to type the ungodly songs and poems you had to learn here or e-mail them to me and I will post them. I will eventually post them on the GLO's Exposed Link.

Re: All of my LOVE, my PEACE and HAPPINESS, I'm gonna give it too who????

Vist www.lamdapsi.com if you would like justification
for Min. Hatchett's post. There is NO disputing who the Delta's give all of their love, peace and happiness too--after hearing this song!

Beleivers should not be deceived!!!!

Correction to website link to hear the song

It is www.lambdapsi.com---as in lamb--I left the "b" out the first time!

RENEWED,
You have OBVIOUSLY been doing some intense research on MY CHAPTER and MY ORGANIZATION as you have clearly proved to everyone by posting its website. Thank you. And don't forget to sign our guestbook as I'm sure you have clicked on EVERY link on our page already. As for minister....you are the PARAGON of false prophets. I would like to direct your "mass" to this website www.vop.com, The Voice of Prophecy. Go to previous archives and listen to the May 21/22 broadcast. I happened to be a saved and Holy Ghost filled member of Delta Sigma Theta. Pledging Delta has in no way compromised my religion. As I skim over your website, all I get from it is bitterness. What spiritual joy are you getting from "exposing" these organizations. Do you go to bed at night happy that you have made a few people despise greek life? Has God truly placed it in you heart to spends hours upon hours researching other organizations processes and beliefs RATHER than his HOLY word. Again you clearly appear to me to be a prime example of a false prophet. YOUR HOME PAGE BEGINS WITH INFORMATION ABOUT DONATIONS. You have got to be kidding me. Again, send your mass to www.vop.com. I will pray that you and your readers are released from the demons of deception. Have a wonderful and God filled day.

Renewed......

Excuse me, but my mother is a Delta and she raised my sister in the love and admonition of the LORD, so there IS a question over who Delta's give all their love and happiness to. I saw my mother give hers to the LORD, my father, and my sister and I, so don't trip, OK?

I can't believe there are people on this site who take some song and take it to mean people are worshipping their Greek letter organization. That song and others serve the same purpose as songs sung by military units, schools (my high school song say practically the same dang thing!) etc... These songs are meant to spur group unity and cohesiveness, not worship!

Does me singing a love song to my wife make me love the LORD any less? NO! People on this site need to really get a grip and stop trippin'!!!

Dear Truly Saved-
Why did you come to this website? If you are secure in Delta—why come to a sight called “Don’t’ Go Greek!!!!!! Are you comin' here to fight? Now, let's be nice now !

As a Florida resident, I know many people who are attending and have attended Florida colleges. I am also aware of many hazing incidents that have occurred in black sororities because of the people I thankfully know.

I had a great admiration for DST for many years--I was awe struck by the black women who've accomplished so much. There are women in the org now that I am encouraged by. But, before I pursued the organization full force in hopes of being selected--I sought God's wisdom through the Holy Spirit and he said NO! I am not ashamed that I was interested in Delta. Remember “Wise women seek Delta!”—not the other way around, right?? What I am ashamed of is the hazing information I received and my personal experiences that do not align with God's Word in pursuit of so called sisterhood!

But I give God glory for not condemning me for my interest, and that through seeking him--he turned on the light--his light-for me to get the truth.

Here are a FEW reasons for his No, questions and info that were revealed to me!

* Delta is a secret society—not a society with secrets—what’s the difference anyway!

* "Many are called, few are chosen"--where did that come from?

* Hazing--hazing has occurred and will continue to occur in Delta until the Deltas decide to stop doing it. Perhaps you should blast some of the members of your org on stophazing.com for telling their respective hazing stories! They are pretty scary! Yikes!

* The song’s lyrics—“All of my love”--Don't quite understand why a woman connected with her Lord and Savior --her all and all-Her Jehovah Jireh--would not cringe singing that song--The Word of God clearly states in Deuteronomy 6:4-16 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. “

* Minerva--why is the sorority Mentor a greek goddess if the org is based on Christian
principles? What are Christian principles? Why would a member write a poem about Delta stating “it’s what drew us to Minerva’s breast??? What did? The eternal spirit of truth?

* What is the eternal spirit of truth?

* The ceremony performed over a deceased member-is this done once a member of Delta passes away and enters Omega Omega?

* The promotion that a Delta woman has a higher standing than any other woman --"we’ve gone from ordinary to extraordinary" a famous quote ---the Word says just the opposite--"to esteem others higher than yourself--humble yourself and God will exalt you." By having Christ as the head of my live with no competition for my affection being taken by any other thing—I truly have become extraordinary!

* Claims not to be a religious org---but requires one to believe any supreme being of choice.

During my pursuit, by God’s awesome plan—I came across a black diva who is now a FORMER Delta! This "denounced" Delta contacted me via e-mail a while back and said (wrote) to me--"Delta is a great organization--but you have to look at all of the org--not just the parts you like--- and line it up
( practices, beliefs, etc) with God's Word."

She also shared with me the mental torment she endured although she was never touched physically during her process. She said in the end--it was not worth the torment. All she got was a PRIDE ticket so she could run to all the greek shops and buy red and white stuff and act important.She was important before she ever wentto the rush. Why would a woman go through ALL of that—take the oath-pay her fees—then drop Delta five months later and embrace her full purpose in Christ? That concerned me.

You both seem to be a little angry or offended that I made reference to your beloved song and organization—or that of your loved ones. Think about the spirit of offence the next time you treat an interested woman like she’s not WORTHY to wear those three letters. The information about Delta’s dirt is easy to find.

One might say—the church is full of dirt—might be true—not everyone in there is in the church for the same reason—but Christ’s blood is not dirty—it has cleansing power. I have a covenant with Him—and when you see him climbing from a hotel room window—then we have a problem.

I don't know you personally—nor your loved ones, so that's between you and the Lord! God can and will use any willing vessel--and you are proof of that. I simply know what I know, and I'm thankful for it.
---stop typing to dance a little jig of praise---

There are so many unspoken stories about what our sisters have endured all in the name of Delta. But yet Christ sits with waiting, open and loving arms for whosever will come and receive him—with no hazing required with eternal benefits that cannot be bought with money and a letter of recommendation. For the saved Deltas—have you ever heard of or witnessed hazing? If you did—what did you do to stop it?

If Delta has not messed with your walk—hold your peace—do your thing Truly Saved!
The fact that you say your walk is tight—good for you!

What I love about the people who have denounced greek life is that they are so willing to tell Christians who are seeking all dimensions of the orgs what’s really going on in the basement. That way—truth seekers can make informed decisions.

Dear Truly Saved-

Why are you surfing this site? If you are secure in Delta—why come to a sight called “Don’t’ Go Greek!!!!!!Are you trying to fight??? That's a no no!

As a Florida resident, I know many people who are attending and have attended Florida colleges. I am also aware of many hazing incidents that have occurred in black sororities because of the people I thankfully know.
I had a great admiration for DST for many years--I was awe struck by the black women who've accomplished so much. There are women in the org now that I am encouraged by. But, before I pursued the organization full force in hopes of being selected--I sought God's wisdom through the Holy Spirit and he said NO! I am not ashamed that I was interested in Delta. Remember “Wise women seek Delta!”—not the other way around, right?? What I am ashamed of is the hazing information I received and my personal experiences that do not align with God's Word in pursuit of so called sisterhood!

But I give God glory for not condemning me for my interest, and that through seeking him--he turned on the light--his light-for me to get the truth.

Here are the reasons for his No, questions and info that were revealed to me!

* Delta is a secret society—not a society with secrets—what’s the difference anyway!

* Hazing--hazing has occurred and will continue to occur in Delta until the Deltas decide to stop doing it. Perhaps you should blast some of the members of your org on stophazing.com for telling their respective hazing stories! They are pretty scary! Yikes!

* The song’s lyrics—“All of my love”--Don't quite understand why a woman connected with her Lord and Savior --her all and all-would not cringe singing that song--The Word of God clearly states Deuteronomy 6:4-16 “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. “

* Minerva--why is the sorority Mentor a greek goddess if the org is based on Christian
principles? What are Christian principles? Why would a member write a poem about Delta stating “it’s what drew us to Minerva’s breast??? What did? The eternal spirit of truth?

* What is the eternal spirit of truth?

* The ceremony performed over a deceased member-is this done once a member of Delta passes away and enters Omega Omega?

* The promotion that a Delta woman has a higher standing than any other woman --"we’ve gone from ordinary to extraordinary" a famous quote ---the Word says just the opposite--"to esteem others higher than yourself--humble yourself and God will exalt you." By having Christ as the head of my live with no competition for my affection being taken by any other thing—I truly have become extraordinary!

* Claims not to be a religious org---but requires one to believe any supreme being of choice.

During my pursuit, by God’s awesome plan—I came across a black diva who is now a FORMER Delta! This "denounced" Delta contacted me via e-mail a while back and said (wrote) to me--"Delta is a great organization--but you have to look at all of the org--not just the parts you like--- and line it up( practices, beliefs, etc) with God's Word." She also shared with me the mental torment she endured although she was never touched physically during her process. She said in the end--it was not worth the torment. All she got was a PRIDE ticket so she could run to all the greek shops and buy red and white stuff and act important. Why would a woman go through ALL of that—take the oath-pay her fees—then drop Delta five months later and embrace her full purpose in Christ?

You both seem to be a little angry or offended that I made reference to your beloved song and organization—or that of your loved ones. Think about offence the next time you treat an interested woman like she’s not WORTHY to wear those three letters. The information about Delta’s dirt is easy to find.

One might say—the church is full of dirt—might be true—not everyone in there is in the church for the same reason—but Christ’s blood is not dirty—it has cleansing power. I have a covenant with Him—and when you see him climbing from a hotel room window—then we have a problem.

I don't know you personally—nor your loved ones, so that's between you and the Lord! God can and will use any willing vessel--and you are proof of that. I simply know what I know, and I'm thankful for it. There are so many unspoken stories about what our sisters have endured all in the name of Delta. But yet Christ sits with waiting, open and loving arms for whosever will come and receive him—with no hazing required with eternal benefits that cannot be bought with money and a letter of recommendation. For the saved Deltas—have you ever heard of or witnessed hazing? If you did—what did you do to stop it?

If Delta has not messed with your walk—hold your peace—do your thing Truly Saved!
The fact that you say your walk is tight—good for you!

What I love about the people who have denounced greek life is that they are so willing to tell Christians who are seeking all dimensions of the orgs what’s really going on in the basement. That way—truth seekers can make informed decisions.

Renewed, I am so glad that you are on this site. I hope that it ministers to other Christians who seek membership in a BGLO to know that no only has God spoken to you, but also to me, and many others, telling us all the same thing. And NOBODY who claims that it's okay to be in their orgs has said that God says it's okay to be in their orgs (they have said that God has not told them that it is wrong, yet no one says that He says it's right).

I too was interested in Delta. To show you how the devil works, I almost thought it was God's divine plan. I have so many family and friends who are Deltas, always got along with Deltas even b4 I knew that they were greek, have been to one of the national conventions, had people who were ready to write recommendation letters, and a chapter that was considering me. I checked every single chapter's website on greekpages.com MORE THAN ONCE and the national website MORE THAN ONCE, just b/c I admired them that much. To make a long story short, I must skip past a lot of things, but I ended up speaking to Minister Hatchett (in which at first I did not speak back after he said hello, but I could not hang up the phone either), when I finally responded to him after he answered the phone, God spoke back to me through Him. Not only did God reveal things to me even after speaking to Minister Hatchett, but He then took my desire for Delta away COMPLETELY!

I thank and praise God for delivering me from such a path. It's funny b/c I never told anybody b4, but I always said to myself "ain't nothing or nobody gon'stop me from being a Delta". It had to be God, b/c on my own I was not trying to hear it and I came up with excuses that these greeks ain't came up with yet, that's why I don't fall into what they're saying b/c I made excuses for the org. when I wasn't even in it. So I thank God for your testimony also, and I hope that our testimonies together will minister to other Christians who come to this site,esp. this post. But one thing I had to sincerely do was to ask God to help me to HEAR, ACCEPT, AND OBEY, which is what it seems like you did also. And this is the advice that I continue to give to Christians interested in GLOs.

This is becoming too long of a post. I think you all get the point.

Let God be glorified,
"If God ain't in it, I ain't in it" (my father's quote)--take it to heart, it's a good one.

Renewed...Finally Someone Who Knows How to Minister..!!!

Renewed,

Although we may disagree on the "greek" issue, I do appreciate the spirit in which you wrote your post. As I read your post, you seem more concerned with our spiritual walk than in making rude, hateful, and snide remarks about BGLO members, and for that I applaud you.

Do we still disagree on BGLO membership? Yep! But you truly are a woman of Christ and I enjoyed reading your testimony. Thank you for sharing it with us in the manner in which it was done. Please keep your light shining, your salt salty, (Matthew 5:13), and giving this site a little better flava!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't mr. hachett go under the name "renewed" on stophazing.org?!?!

He was under the name "Denounced"