Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
What to ask at an interest meeting?

This post will be on the GLO's Exposed Link.
If you are a Christian seriously contemplating greek life, then let's see if you are willing to ask the tough questions. Questions that people will warn you NOT to ask for fear of rejection. Who are you going to allow to control your will, God or a GLO?
1.) Is the ritual for public reading for people interested in membership?

2.) Do any of your teachings, rituals, etc. deny, reject or in any way conflict with the Word of God? If not, PROVE it? If so, what are they?

3.) What kind of immoral (not politiacl) issues are being confronted by your GLO?

4.) What has your chapter done to EXALT the kingdom of God on this campus?

5.) Are all chapter members saved?

6.) What false gods does your GLO associate (NOT WORSHIP) itself with? If they answer with the, "we do not worship", you know somethings up.

These are just some of the questions that can be asked. I will and anyone else, please add on.

Re: What to ask at an interest meeting?

What does that have to do anything? In that case you might as well tell Christians not to go to work or not to go to places like the bank or the grocery store. Believe me you will come across people that are not saved at those places. They might as well live in a bubble.

DJ, with all due respect,

Going to work with unbelievers/ unsaved people is not the same as getting into a covenant with an org and calling the unsaved members your bros./ sisters.

Let God be glorified in all that you think, say, do, and decide!

Fred, you can not honestly vouch for all the members of your church being saved and your church IS a religious organization. How are you going to require this of a non-Religious organization? How about going with what Solomon suggests? Tell anyone who is thinking about joining a GLO this: "In all your ways acknowledge Him (GOD) and He (GOD) will direct your path." Because if His sheep really knows His voice and a stranger they will not follow, I'm sure they will make the right choice.

However, spewing propaganda and making undue claims that these organizations are christian in nature is counterproductive. When did one ever need some college education from a four year institution and a few hundred dollars to become a Christian? There are Christians who have never read a Bible a day in their life because they can't read. How do they know what is of Christ? I will tell you, it is through their God given convictions and revelations that they receive by attaining and maintaining a healthy personal relationship with God through prayer and fasting. They may hear people like me and you saying what the Bible says but they must live listening and testing the spirit by the spirit.

Fred, I understand that you believe that GLO's are wrong. But to twist scriptures and to make claims that are half truths and stating them as facts is bearing false witness or "LYING". It doesn't matter if you are doing it for what you peceive to be the right reasons.

I keep seeing people talking about entering into "covenants" with unbelievers. The word covenant simply means, "a formal agreement". So let's take all the glitter and glamorization out of it. I am saying this because we probably make covenants with unbelievers all of the time. Whenever you sign for a loan do you ask the loan officer whether or not he believes in God and whether all of the employees of the bank are saved? If not then you may have just entered into a covenant with unbelievers. Are all the people at your workplace saved? When you took the job and was hired, you entered a "covenant", quite possibly with unbelievers. However, I will not go as far to say that you are evil or not a Christian because of this. I will even venture as far to say that even though you may think you got screwed on you interest rate or you don't care much for your boss, it does not necessarily mean that those respective institutions are evil either.

Although, you have denounced your membership, you will always be a Que simply because you can not unlearn and unexperience what you have learned and experienced through your dealings with the organization. It is a network that you know how to tap into anytime you get ready. Whether you choose to or not is up to you. You are just like the many other men of Omega that have moved on and discarded being a Que as the passing folly of college life. There is nothing wrong with that. You are still one, the only difference is you don't pay dues and associate with it's activities. Now could you answer this question for me?

When you joined did you join with the intent of gaining salvation through membership? YES or NO

1.) Is the ritual for public reading for people interested in membership?

2.) Do any of your teachings, rituals, etc. deny, reject or in any way conflict with the Word of God? If not, PROVE it? If so, what are they?

Why should these people be privy to Private rituals of organizations that they are not yet members of? To learn rituals are the rights of members, not nonmembers.

3.) What kind of immoral (not politiacl) issues are being confronted by your GLO?

I know that you are well meaning with this, but in all honesty you cannot expect a non religious organization to want to combat immoral behavior. There are lots of organizations that dont combat immoral behavior, are they wrong as well?

4.) What has your chapter done to EXALT the kingdom of God on this campus?

This is not a goal for a non religious organization. All you can hope for is that the people you bring in are honest and truthful. You must impact others lives based on them being close to you, getting to know you.

This is not the objective, the objective is to form lifelong friendships and guide younger people.

6.) What false gods does your GLO associate (NOT WORSHIP) itself with? If they answer with the, "we do not worship", you know somethings up.

We do not worship these greek gods, it is absurd to assert that we do. You know that they are called Patrons.

Instant Messenger: Defender159,2

1omegaman,

You just basically told Minister Hatchett that he is still a Que! Wow!!!!!!!

Let me ask you, sir, if a gang member receives salvation and denounces his gang and decides to live for Christ and takes on the whole works of Christianity, having faith AND works and speaks out against his OLD lifestyle and seriously changes, REGARDLESS of what others think, is he still a G (Gangster Disciple, Vice Lord, Blood, etc.)?

"Whom the Son has set free is free indeed"

When Jesus died on the cross for our sins He unloosed the shackels and set us free. some choose to go into sinful lifestyles, some chose to stay in, and some chose to leave. But God accepts you as His prodigal son. You don't have to stay bound. If that's the case then why is there salvation and exactly how powerful is Jesus----my brother in Christ?

Let God be glorified
I will

God bless you

1omegaman,

Exactly how is Minister Hatchett "twisting" the scriptures? The truth is the truth, right is right, wrong is wrong. If the take the Bible and you take your rituals and they clash, then that's just it. And if a person is really the Christian that they claim to be then they would hear, know, and obey the voice of their Shepherd. They would be able to discern the truth because He (Jesus) is the Truth.

1omegaman,

You just basically told Minister Hatchett that he is still a Que! Wow!!!!!!!

Like it or not, he is still a Que.

DJ, with all due respect,

Going to work with unbelievers/ unsaved people is not the same as getting into a covenant with an org and calling the unsaved members your bros./ sisters.

Let God be glorified in all that you think, say, do, and decide!

Since we want to talk about covenents. Was the person you signed your lease,mortagage,etc. with saved????? The person who sold you your car, were they saved. Thats a covenent.

DJ,

Are you a Christian?

Because, in Christianity, sweetheart, we believe that whom the Son has set free is free indeed! like it or not! Get to know the God I serve and you'll understand His power. The devil doesn't have more power than God. Just like a person chooses to allow themself to be bound, whether they understood what they were doing or not, they can also choose not to be bound. It's up to you baby and Minister Hatchett CHOSE to get up the shackles had already been taken off. When you get to know my God you'll understand what I mean.

let God be glorified, not your organization or yourself

"Exactly how is Minister Hatchett "twisting" the scriptures? The truth is the truth, right is right, wrong is wrong. If the take the Bible and you take your rituals and they clash, then that's just it. And if a person is really the Christian that they claim to be then they would hear, know, and obey the voice of their Shepherd. They would be able to discern the truth because He (Jesus) is the Truth." - Me

In Response:

The Truth is relative. Our experiences and perspective on things can definitely influence whatwe consider our truth, and what we consider to be right and wrong.

Your perspective is your valid reality.

Truth varies even in the religious arena. In this arena, alot of TRUTH is exhibited by a CHARISMATIC LEADER, INFLUENCE and INTERPRETATION!

DJ

Actually my LANDLORD is saved and our "covenant" is concerning the land. If he wasn't saved I wouldn't call him brother through a covenant. That type of covenant doesn't bind us together forever it only deals with land and it's not ungodly. Six families in one apartment building. Three are Christians with pastors in each of the 3 apts. One are believers and one is an old white lady whom we know nothing about her faith, but the man who owns the joint--saved, true Christian, real man of God.

Next Question please.

DJ,

Are you a Christian?

Because, in Christianity, sweetheart, we believe that whom the Son has set free is free indeed! like it or not! Get to know the God I serve and you'll understand His power. The devil doesn't have more power than God. Just like a person chooses to allow themself to be bound, whether they understood what they were doing or not, they can also choose not to be bound. It's up to you baby and Minister Hatchett CHOSE to get up the shackles had already been taken off. When you get to know my God you'll understand what I mean.

let God be glorified, not your organization or yourself

To answer your question, yes I am a Christian. The Bible I read says Who so ever believes and confesses with their mouth that Jesus is the son of God and rose from the dead, they shall be saved. In all honesty why do you need to know if I am a Christian? All you people do on here are quick to ask somebody are they saved when they have an opinion that differs from yours. Noone on this site has a heaven or hell to put anybody in. It is up to the Holy Spirit to convict a persons heart, not you or Minister Hatchett. How do you know what someone's personal relationship with God is. YOU DON'T!!!! You may think you do though. To me some of you people have cultish mentalities. You sound like my cousin that goes to a certain mega church here in Columbus, Ohio. Think on that.

I forgot one. Is the person that signs your paycheck, are they saved? Would you not accept your paycheck because the person who signed it, is not saved.

ARhoWithoutDoubt,

How u doin' sweetie? Check this out.

Layin it plain. You just pulled some pyschology on me. I was given the gift of wisdoom---from on high. Psychology is the wisdom of man. That you faith should not be in the wisdom of men but the power of God. Right?

Let God be glorified

DJ

Actually my LANDLORD is saved and our "covenant" is concerning the land. If he wasn't saved I wouldn't call him brother through a covenant. That type of covenant doesn't bind us together forever it only deals with land and it's not ungodly. Six families in one apartment building. Three are Christians with pastors in each of the 3 apts. One are believers and one is an old white lady whom we know nothing about her faith, but the man who owns the joint--saved, true Christian, real man of God.

Next Question please.

Thats good that your landlord is saved. That covenent doesn't bind you forever, but it still binds you.

"ARhoWithoutDoubt,

How u doin' sweetie? Check this out.

Layin it plain. You just pulled some pyschology on me. I was given the gift of wisdoom---from on high. Psychology is the wisdom of man. That you faith should not be in the wisdom of men but the power of God. Right?

Let God be glorified"

I don't agree. I'm on the internet, understanding that I am conversing with a MAN believed to been given wisdom from on high. For all i know, you could be a convicted child molester - with some freetime in the county computer lab.

As I believe all are equal: black, white, catholic, protestant, greek, not greek, It is trying for me to enact my ideal of tolerance on a MAN that is so Gifted, yet; allows himself to be so limited. A MAN that supports the spread intolerance. A MAN, that supports a campaign to cripple structures that were created to SERVE the community, in conjuction with to religious organization not opposed to.

Now, if i see it as a MAN...CLAIMING to be gifted it is better understood. Because I can see how MAN's
ignorance, intolerance, means of interpretation can TAINT such a Gift.

But for you to be on the internet saying things that are CONJURED, bias and slanted. That there is proof that your wisdom is self-proclaimed and unpure.

DJ,

God told me to put this in my previous post, but I felt like it was too much. I gotta do it:

Some people think they are a Christian because they believe as in acknowledge. For one the Word says believe in your heart AND confess with your mouth. What are you believing and confessing? Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, His ministry was real and true, He died on the cross for our sins, three days later He arose with all power in His hands, He now sits at the right hand of God Almighty. He is not dead, but yet alive. Anyway, The word believe means to DO more than just acknowledge, but to acknowledge, pledge allegiance to, to abide by, to have faith in, and to obey. Then let me say this: God created us all and in His own image, fine, but John 1:12 says, "But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: 13 who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God" We were all born of the blood, of the will of man,and of the flesh, but after you receive salvation, or accept salvaation, you are to died to willful sin and start your life all over again spiritually, this is why new Christians are called "babes in Christ". Getting to my point. Romans 8:14 says, "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God."

An SGRho tried to say that maybe God put people in these GLOs to minister, do you need an affiliation to minister. No. You don't need a certificate, license, or ordination. You've been commissioned. God will not lead you into an ungodly, compromising, and idolatrous org just to have you to minister to those within the org. To you need to be a member to witness to them? And if God didn't lead you who did?

The Word of God talks about how a real Christian is supposed to be living and the things they do. Greeks try to point out the outreach of a Christian and say that that is what they do, but does it matter if you don't do it for His glory or if you do it in the name of your orgs? don't make me most links to websites that mention "in the name of....sorority/ fratrnity" Be real with yourself because when you die God ain't going by your self-deceit but by His Word and His Word says that if you are not born again you will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

So judge yourself,
God bless you
let God be glorified

ARhoWithoutDoubt,

I have to go to class soon, so I need to be brief. Some Greeks really try to twist things, I don't know if that's exactly what you were trying to do, but you did get it twisted. I don't even know where to start with you on your response, but read my previous replies on this post. Faith not in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. know the voice of your Shepherd and you won't have to try to determine whether or not someone's knowledge or wisdom is pure because the Word says that we don't have to worry about what to speak for it will not be us who speak but He who speaks through us, so if anyone claims to be bringing the Word of God from God, the Bible says test the spirits, line it up with the Word, which is by the way what Min. Hatchett has been doing with you all's rituals, and then also if God is in what they're doing and saying, He will confirm it in your spirit because HE will be speaking to YOU through whoever. But if we already have our minds set on something and our own self-wills regardless of the Word and God's will we won't be open to receive what God is saying or accept what He says whether we like what He says or not.

Talk to ya'll later, until then,
Let God be glorified

Me,

You speak as if their is only one religion. Greek Organizations are composed of people for all types of religious backgrounds.

This site seems to tolerate an extremely radical right wing conservative view while trying to appeal to a large group; which of course leaves a taste of disdain in all who dont believe in what you're saying.

Even if I read, some of what was posted and said to myself, "Hmmm, that makes a lil' sense". The close-minded view and BASIC "ATTACKING" STANCE helps me to totally turn-off any positive reception.

I also notice the position of attacking greek organizations is from the RELIGIOUS STANCE. In which, many people are hesistant to stand up and refute the teaching of a Religious Leader.

Interesting Tactic...

Last reply until my class is over....no for real this time!

GreekStatus,

No disrespect,

My responses are not to come against GLOs as if they are supposed to be Christians b/c I recognize that they are not Christian orgs, but some members have actually made many Christians believe that they are Christian orgs or just have made them feel comfortable about joining as a Christian when their actual rituals conflict. So, basically my responses are for those who are Christians within these orgs and those who are Christians who want to be in these orgs. It's okay that the org is not exactly Christian oriented, I guess I can say that, but I know that it's not okay for a Christian to become apart of a non-Christian org that puts you into a covenant with not just other "BELIEVERS" but non-believers as well whom you now call a family. Covenants are bigger than we make them to be.

Let God be glorified.

Well I see Minister Hatchett has deleted my post again. How pathetic. In response to you Me. You don't know anything about me or how I live my life. Like I said earlier in the post that has mysteriously dissapeared. Noone has a heaven or hell to put anyone in. Not you, not Minister Hatchett, none of you. I guess I have to repeat myself. YOU DON'T ANYONE'S PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. CULTISH MENTALITY!!!!!

DJ,

Why are you twisting what's being said?! Nobody's telling you about your relationship with God, I do not know anything about your relationship with God as you have said. You seem to really have some anger in you. But I do know that when you put the truth out there without being very direct, if it is the truth, God will convict a persons spirit and they know they are wrong without you having to tell them exactly or directly. Now their response will be either of acceptance, rejection, or compromising...and sometimes compromising comes with anger because we hate to hear the truth when the truth is telling us not to do or to stop doing things that we want to do. That conviction makes us feel that we need to change and that's one of the biggest problems with the human race--we get complacent, we don't want to change, we like how we're living to some extent, but overall we don't want to change if it means giving up some things--usually ungodly things that we don't want to admit are ungodly. BUT, understand that I am NOT telling you about YOUR relationship with God, when I post it's not just for you, but also others who may feel the same way as you. God wants to speak to the readers also and you are not the only reader. But baby it might be for you! Let God speak and you listen. Don't take that as if I'm saying that I am God. The Bible I read tells me not to worry about what to speak because if I allow for God to live His life through me by crucifying my flesh daily then it will be Him who speaks to His people through me. I'm the screwdriver, He's the hand, His people are the nails. Yet I am not God's only tool. All of His CHILDREN are to be for His use. Are we clear?

There is so much that needs to be said and I have to get up at 5:30 a.m. ,but we can talk tomorrow when I get a chance. 1omegaman and I have conversed via this forum,yet we were able to be respectful towards one another because real Christians know that the Word says to do these things lovingly even if the other person wants to snap back after they have taken you the wrong way. We both got our points across even though we disagreed, and we still may disagree, but we respect each other. Don't take my fire the wrong way--please.

Anyways, it's kinda funny how we take the rituals and we take the Bible and they clash, yet there are excuses and people say things like "why are you judging" or something like that when we don't even have to be direct about you or your relationship with God or your affiliations, we're talking rituals and the Bible. But some points could only be understood when we first understand some things we claim about Christianity and being a Christian. So, I am never the one to condemn you because what exactly can I do to you if you are committing any type of sin? I can't make you go to heaven and I can't make you go to hell, but I can help you go to heaven or hell. Yes I can. I am my brothers and my sisters keeper, even if they hate me. When it's all said and done their blood won't be on my hands. I'll fulfill my ministry and anything else God has me to do. IT'S NOT CONDEMNING OR JUDGING, BUT WITNESSING. Sometimes the truth hurts. As I said, I cannot make you go to heaven or hell, but I can help you go to heaven or hell. Yet I don't have the finaly say, so why exactly would I "condemn" you? Does my condemning you have any power. The power of life and death is in your tongue, but faith without works is dead--you can claim life, but you gotta live it.

Why is it that when men and women of God witness as God has told them to and the "sinners" or "whoever" get mad,but when Christians don't do right, you (you meaning people in general) say they're being hypocrites? Let's think about this. It's all about whatevers going to make me feel good about my sin, because people easily say, "Oh none of us are perfect" after they sin, but let the man of God sin "that's why I don't go to church, they all hypocrites". Some people need to stop cause they ain't been to church in 20 years yet claiming stuff they heard cause it gives them an excuse to keep sinning. WE CANNOT USE OTHER PEOPLES SIN AS AN EXCUSE FOR OUR SINS. Basically, why am I only wrong when the Holy Spirit convicts your spirit using the message given to you through me. Yet, His sheep know His voice and don't blame the messenger but consults with the One who originated it becaise His sheep whether lost or whatever they know when the Shepherd is calling them back home.

And again: you can make excuses if you want to, say what you want to, condemn me if you want to, tell me how wrong I am, I'm a hypocrite, or blah, blah, blah, but when you died GOD IS NOT GOING BY YOUR SELF-DECEPTION, BUT BY HIS WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET....GOD....BE....GLORIFIED!

Why are you twisting what's being said?! Nobody's telling you about your relationship with God, I do not know anything about your relationship with God as you have said.

It became personal when you asked me in a previous post was I am a Christian? You must not remember that.

Can you all stop entertaining these people? The more you reply to them, the more they will spew falsehoods, half-truths and mistruths about GLOs.

Ignore them, and don't pass this website around to anyone else. There are alleged quotes from people's rituals in these postings. I would hope that isn't so, but if it is then please stop spreading it across the net.

At some point you have to realize that not everyone's mentallity can be salvaged. This man is set in his ways... let him believe it... anyone who is not intelligent enough and faithful, who cannot see beyond his words and find their own truth doesn't need you to waste time on them either.

DJ et al, you've given valiant commentary and any reasonable person (Christian or not) can see your points clearly. But when dealing with fundamentalist who are inflicting mental terror upon people by misusing our scriptures and who are no better than Taliban and Islamic Fundamentalist inflicting physical terror upon people by misusing their scriptures is a waste of time. Talking to them won't change their mentality.

Hello DJ,

I want to tell you that I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful or even offend you, but I have asked quite a few people their religion and it has not come across as offending, but anyway, my reason for asking people on this forum such a question is to understand where they are coming from when they make certain responses and I try to be clear about where I'm coming from also as well as being clear about the points that I make based on where I'm coming from.

Let God be glorified,
Be blessed

Nobody's business,

I'm not sure if your response is in reference to Minister Hatchett or anyone who has responded to DJ, but I am one who has responded. I do understand DJ's points, but I am just trying to also get my points across and because I believe so strong in the things that I have felt to type, I find it so hard to understand why it seems that my points are being misunderstood. And I do understand that others who believe the opposite so far as GLOs may feel the same way I do concerning getting their points across. But what I have posted comes from the Word of God that many keep saying they believe yet the response is of compromise. The Word is there, the rituals are there, they say two different things, so how are excuses being formed? But know that there is a continuous spiritual warfare. The devil will not make this easy.

God bless you in all your endeavors
Let God be glorified

Nobody's Business
1.) First explain your screen name please.

2.) You talk about how our views are so messed up. Where are your views? I want to see what you have to say in defense or offense of GLO's. Let's hear it!!!!!!!!!

3.) When you are done, explain fundamentalist to me, then explain how you think the priests, pharisees, sadducees, etc saw Jesus. He was coming to do away with the Law in practice. He was coming to change a whole system that had been operating for approximately 2000 years. Was He a fundamentalist TO THEM?

Answer the questions or have your post deleted. This is for NONBODY's BUSINESS only. After he answers, anyone can chime in. Thank-You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems rather funny to me that all things pointed out in GLOs are the same things going on in the Christian Church at large. There are so many contradictions in our own scriptures that to jump on GLOs as being so immoral is pointless. GLO members go to parties and some do not. Some Christians go to church some go to the club. GLO members get divorced. Christians get divorced. Some GLOs may support abortion. Some Christians believe in free choice. The rituals of GLOs are not necessarily adhered to by the letter. Despite the statements of BGLOs that state that this organization should be first in the lives of its members. The Bible is not clear of questionable practices either. Should we hold to the stance of the condoning of slavery in the bible? Perhaps the stoning of little children, or the unjust treatment of women. All which can be found in the so called "Word of God" (Exodus 21 for starters). God was even so called quoted as telling the Israelites to kill off all the Canaanites. A statement I believe Jesus Christ would be totally against. Please Christians study our own book first there's enough in there to raise questions before we go out to others documents. Every Christmas we embrace so called pagan traditions. The Christmas tree, the decorating of the tree, to the gifts under the tree were all so called pagan practices before they were adopted into Christianity. So if this is the case should be stop buying Christmas trees? Or does God even care? Our Christian history is not as squeaky clean as we would like to think, especially as it relates to the very canonizing of Bible. Were there any women involved in the process? How about any black people? Or in fact any other person that was not European? And if this wasn't the case why not? Why was only a certain group of people allowed to decide what the bible was going to be?

So is your point that because some Christians are doing wrong then all others should just follow.

Do we really think that we're going to use that "..because the pastor..." excuse standing before God--like He's stupid? If so, my response has always been that God will say "well you and your pastor go to hell...NEXT!" or some rather say "depart from me ye workers of iniquity". Either way said, what somebody else or everybody else is doing is no excuse for your sins. If the whole world is sinning should I just forget God's Word and the fact that He's real? Or are you going to argue about me saying that it's a fact that God is real?

Everything God wanted us to know, He put it in His Word. When you die God is not going by your (your in general) excuses or self-deception, but by His Word which has been around for how long? Even if the Word has only been around for 24 hours if you have a relationship with Him, He'll speak to you and give you directions pertaining to His will for your life.

WE CAN NOT USE OTHER PEOPLES SINS AS AN EXCUSE FOR OUR SINS. You can if you want to but will it work?

My God is not stupid!

God bless you,
Let God be glorified

Christmas from my understanding was brought about by the Catholic church and the do DIFFER from Christianity in a few ways but those few things are VERY BIG! It is to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, actually this is what we are told, but it's really about money although some have personally adopted that day to celebrate the birth of our Savior. It's not about when His birthday was but in celebration of that day which some believe it to be late December or sometime in January, it could have been in July for all I care, but I celebrate Jesus Sunday thru Saturday 24/ 7 x 365.

Glorify Him TODAY!

Well ME I'll start off by saying that I believe you missed my point. For us as Christians to say that the rituals of these GLOs are so bad and pagan without objectively looking at our own Bible is ridiculus. Perhaps we should take the beem out of our own eye first. We should not merely go to our favorite scricptures to find basis for our position. Whether you believe it or not the Bible is very much a man made document(inspired by God). With various opinions that do not always match. Would you expect Jesus to allow the stoning of children, or endorse slavery? These very ideas were part of the so called "Law" from God. From my perspective it's difficult to reconcile Jesus of the New Testament with the God of the Hebrew Bible. Our Bible was deemed the "Word of God" by man literally. It was the decision of many men at the council of Nicea to decide what scriptures and what books would compose the Christian bible.

Your point on Christmas was not what I was talking about. My point was if these so called pagan elements are involved in the celebration of Jesus's Birth and Christians practice them with no problem then how can we look at GLOs and say their pagan rituals are evil. Even the birthday cake is a so called pagan ritual and practice. My point is our society is influenced by so many facets and ancient cultures that are unknown to cast judgement on a GLO because their rituals or symbolism is not Christian is rather perplexing.

Okay Objective,

I see your point more clearer now. But if we are Christians we must get past this thing of only wanting to accept how wonderful God is. He is wonderful and wonderfully awesome, but He is not some cholesterol sugar daddy in the sky. We need to stop this "Lord forgive me for what I'm about to do" at that point the sin is willful. But my point is, as God is our Father He disciplines us, we are His children and disciples. He does have a wrath, so to say why would God say, "kill these or those people" is unbelievable, God Himself wiped out cities full of men, women, children, and animals! He speaks plainly of His wrath in the New Testament "vegence is Mine, I will repay". A loving Father looking out for those who love Him, who says, "touch not My anointed, do My prophet no harm" and says to those who forget His law, "lest I tear you to pieces and there be none to deliver you". He tells us that there is a time for everything...He mentions times for good and times for bad, this I believe is in Ecclesiastes (may be spelled wrong). We need to recognize Him wrath and begin to fear (fear as in highly respect) Him in His authority so that we can stop thinking that we can do what we want and be excused because He is ever merciful. His mercy is also taken the wrong way, we feel that He will ALWAYS say OK, yes He is very forgiving, but at some point He will turn you over to a debased mind or a retrobate mind to those thngs which are unfitting.

So far as your second part, I get what you're saying, but we're not talking about the church having their rituals and BGLOs having their rituals because man made rituals shouldn't give us any excuse, what does GOD say? It is not right that a sorority would say "we were founded on Christian principles", yet they say "Minerva, the goddess of wisdom, is our sorority MENTOR" Define mentor and look at the responsiblities of the Holy Spirit. Does a Christian need a false god if he/she has the Holy Spirit? Or does the Holy Spirit need some help? This is compromising and idolatrous. Idolatry is not always defined as bowing down to an image, I think that's where people are having a problem when we use the word idolatrous. Idolatry is idolizing something as if it is higher than God, anything or anybody you put before God is your god and nothing or no one should even be equated to God because we or a false god are not even half way at the level of God, even our praise is as filthy rags (because we can't really put into words or action how worthy He is, we can't really give Him what He is worthy of). It's not of God to know what your rituals say, claim your org or the members of the org are Christian, and make other Christians feel comfortable in believing this, knowing what your ritual says. But when you compromise you begin to believe in what you are compromising. So again, it's not about how the church is and any rituals that they may have, but how God says we should be.

God bless you,
Let God be glorified

Oh yeah, when I said "claim that your members are Christian" I wasn't trying to suggest that they are not. If you ask me, I'd say they are and that's why God has placed it on the hearts of some to minister to His lost sheep. He wants them to be restored. I am a Christian, as I hope you can see, yet I was going to pledge Delta, and what if I did go ahead and go through the process and get initiated, am I all of a sudden not Christian. I'd say that I have in some way disobeyed and disrespected God, and made myself think that everything I indulged in was okay, but maybe my heart is still with God, but I've made excuses in this one particular area, as some Christians are living the life, yet compromise when it comes to certain things--those things that make it true to say that we are not perfect. So that's it, God says He is married to the backslider. Some just don't really realize what they've gotten into and they've been "brainwashed" to believe that everything is fine esp. as long as they continue to go to church and what not and some realize but compromise the truth. However it is better for us not to know and don't do than to know and don't do. Now that greeks who come across this site know, what will you all do? or will you do anything?

Praise God Almighty, the one true living God Who created heaven, earth, hell and everything within and surrounding. Hallelujah!!!!

May God bless you again, again, and again,
Let God be glorified

Me- How are you doing it's been a while. Wow! I guess we really sparked some conversation! Apolgize for making it seem like I was ignoring you but I've been away a couple of days. Now to address your queries.

"1omegaman,

Exactly how is Minister Hatchett "twisting" the scriptures? The truth is the truth, right is right, wrong is wrong. If the take the Bible and you take your rituals and they clash, then that's just it. And if a person is really the Christian that they claim to be then they would hear, know, and obey the voice of their Shepherd. They would be able to discern the truth because He (Jesus) is the Truth."

I don't know if you got a chance to read the last post I had on the thread that we had our other great dialogue because it got deleted. However, I will give you the shorter version. Fred cuts and paste scriptures like a lot of pharisetical christians do, quoting them out of context. You said,

"The truth is the truth, right is right, wrong is wrong. If you take the Bible and you take your rituals and they clash, then that's just it."

I am going to cut and paste a scripture out of proper context.

Ephesians 6:2-9
"Slaves, obey your earthly slave masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you. As slaves of Christ, do the will of God with all your heart. Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will reward each of us for the good we do, whether we are slaves or free.
Masters, treat your slaves the same way. Don't threaten them, remember you both have the same Master in heaven, and he has no favorites."

This preceding scripture does not line up with the abolitionist movement. The abolitionist movement clashed with this scripture. I have yet to find a scripture that says slavery is immoral. Therefore, according to what you are telling me, the fight to abolish slavery was evil and you think this would justify one being a slave owner. So abolitionist by definition of your reasoning would be evil and ungodly.

Now do you understand what my point is.

1 omegaman and Objective, those were excellent posts. Here is the reality. In spite of Minister Hatchett's efforts, BGLOs will be around and are not going anywhere. It is up to the individual to decide whether their membership will hinder their relationship with God. And if we are talking about idos, anything can be an idol, your job, your car, your house,etc....

You're right DJ, anything can be an idol, but God tells us not to let anything become an idol, He tells us not to worship God and mammon. He says that we shall have no other gods before Him (or beside Him, who or what can we equate to the Almighty?). God bless.

So hello again, 1omegaman, it really has been a while:

I hear what you are saying, and I get it that you possibly have some "iffy" mindset towards certain things in the Bible. I know some pastors tell us not to question God, but we are not to question His authority--that's different. We can request that God would help us to understand those things that just don't make sense to us--He knows that in ourself some things just don't make sense. But when we are reading something of a Higher Power (God--the only Higher Power) we must have the understanding of that Higher Power so we need to ask Him to open our understanding everytime we read His Word before we start reading. Read the first chapter of James.

So your point about slavery was something that I had questioned in the past also. God does not like such things because they are ungodly, this is why He has granted freedom to those who were slaves. Look at how he used Moses to display His power and let the people know Who He really is. Sometimes just telling about God's power means nothing compared to going through something and then experiencing it for yourself. That is not to excuse slavery. But anyway, God was saying that while you are in slavery, until I bring you out, be obedient, and remember "vengence is Mine, I will repay" I'm not sure, but I think that slaves then were given some type of weak payment, so it was almost consentful, I guess, because their class or demographical status didn't allow for them to do more. Whether now or later those who have a heart to rule the world as if they are God will be repaid. Also, some are paying now, the wages (pay) of sin is death. This is not always a physical death, that's the only thing people can think about when they read that scripture, but this also means that while we are still living people can have a spiritual death and separation from God. God says that He will not put His Holy Spirit in an unclean temple. God and the devil cannot dwell in the same temple, when we submit to one the other has to leave. People always say, "resist the devil and he will flee" the first part of that very same scripture says, "submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee" This tells us that before we can resist the devil we must submit to God. So those who take others to be there slaves, in my opinion, are not submitting to God, but the devil because the Bible says that a laborer is worthy of his wages and that those who are the sons of God shall be led by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit does not lead us into doing evil things.

I hope that helped. I don't know how that may have effected your outlook on what God was really saying, but I hope it did.

God bless you 110 fold,
Let God be glorified.... TODAY!

Me- "iffy". Naw, I wouldn't say "iffy" but honest. you said,
"So those who take others to be there slaves, in my opinion, are not submitting to God, but the devil because the Bible says that a laborer is worthy of his wages and that those who are the sons of God shall be led by the Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit does not lead us into doing evil things."

Your "opinion" says one thing and the scripture says quite another please read verse 9 of that verse.
My point is that you should rightly divide the Bible. Anybody can cut and paste scriptures to suit their purpose.

The Bible is a powerful book and I have studied it and prayed. In all honesty, Jesus did not author not one book in the bible. Everything that he is reported to have said is a quote from a third party. I believe that it was inspired by God but I also believe due to studying, seeking and gaining through Divine revelation to me, that the point of the Bible was to steer you to God. Once you have made liaison with him, its up to you to maintain a clear channel of communication between yourself and Him. The authority of God is not boxed up in a nice neat little package called the bible. His authority is far more infinite than that. Besides, if the Bible was God's only authority then that would mean everyone who could not read would be doomed to eternal ****ation. Jesus once said, "Search the scriptures because in them you think you have eternal life.". . .You "think" you have eternal life.
You tell me that the Bible is God's "authority". Where's that scripture? And when did God ordain it as such? We have a clear line to God through prayer and fasting. Is that not why Jesus came, to relieve us of middle men. I talk to God everyday and He reveals things to me that I dare not tell anyone else because it may cause them to stumble in their spiritual walk. God longs to have us not keep a stand offish relationship with him. We are his children and He loves us.

Oh no, 1omegaman, I am not saying that the Bible is God's authority and you may be right, I don't think that's in the Bible, but that's not what I was saying. I was saying that some pastors tell people not to ? God's authority (which may be exemplified in the Word, but is not limited to His Word), but part of my point is that we are able to ask questions of God (asking Him directly) if we don't understand, otherwise how else will we understand?

Let God be glorified

1omegaman,

Before we keep responding I think we both may need to reread each of our posts that we posted to each other because we pretty much get each other whether we agree or not, but there are very few misunderstandings that we are having about each others responses. Just a suggestion to atleast skim through.

Praise God

I want to get Minister Hatchetts repsonse to some of these post?

Also I would encourage all Christians to expand your study beyond the the Bible, I took a World Religions course and it opened my mind up so much. We are all equal seekers of the Truth, so before we get ready to say someone or some people are "off" let's first understand how they got to their understanding it may not be as "off" as we think it is.

I would have to say that I agree with 1OmegaMan. He will always and forever be a QUE. If he chooses not to have anything to do with the organization is his business, and if he doesn't that is ok, but you can not bash those who decide to go a different way from you. You are but a disciple of God, and as a disciple how can you sit here and condemn and thrash those that are a greek organization just because of the fact that they are in a greek organization. As long as a person decides to live their life as close to the Word of God as they can and God knows their heart and that they are trying then He will love them just the same and you, nor anyone else that hates GLO's can take that away from them. So all of the bashing in the world isn't going to change anything.

So I guess if I were a dope smoker, I will always be one. This is the BONDAGE that CULTS promote. This mindset gives people the idea that God is EVIDENTLY unable to deliver. I guess I will always be a fornicator. I guess God never delivered me from that or drunkeness either, so I still must be a drunk. You Christians who engender this type of mindset are VICARIOUSLY unaware that you have been brainwashed into believing this. It was either by a pledge process or hearing this mantra enough times to the point you became the mindset. This "ONCE ONE ALWAYS ONE" foolishness is shaking a fist in the face of God by saying He can't deliver you from that which you wish to be delivered. You do not know how often I recognize the lingo of a well made slave(pledge). ALways putting INC. on the end of your GLO, when PROUDLY proclaiming the name, spewing out that you will always be greek. Sorry, I STOPPED being an Omega 10 (Happy Denunciation Anniversary) years ago.

So what does this have to do with what to ask at an interest meeting? ALOT!! ASK WHAT WILL BE REQUIRED OF YOU BETWEEN "NOW" AND "INITIATION" IF THEY TRY TO GET YOU AND OTHERS TO FORM A GROUP "BEFORE" AN INTEREST MEETING, YOU'RE ASKING FOR TROUBLE!!!!! ASK THEM WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO SWEAR TO, BE REQUIRED OR EXPECTED TO DO. THESE ARE JUST SOME HELPFUL TIPS FOR THE KEPT IGNORANT BY GLO'S POTENTIALS. I am surely glad of one thing: that there were before me, with me and to come after me those willing to expose GLO's. This simply means that this move of God was long before I came on the scene, so I have no cause to boast, brag or be prideful. I am just thankful for those who escape the spiritual, mental and physical devastation.

JUST A LITTLE SIDE NOTE ANNOUNCEMENT- I will be bringing to this site some very interesting points. Here is one example: I have talked to many Christians in GLO's who are no longer financial, active, etc. They also must have quickly forgotten their oaths they swore to be claiming to Jehovah. Soon after the flavor is gone, so is the need to fulfill that oath. Things that make you go HMMM!!!!! Then you have those who fulfill their oaths, even when they conflict with God's Word. HMMMMM!!!!!

Okay. I've had a really interesting (and LOOONG) time reading these posts. I applaud SOME of you all's articulation (and even manipulation in some cases) of the bible and it's scriptures. I am not a GLO member, but I plan to be. The bible does not tell us to stay away from sinners. It's their WAYS we should avoid. It is not wrong to fellowship with them and promise to help them when they ask you for it or you feel they need it.

As I said, I'm not in a GLO, so ya'll can correct me if I"m wrong, but to my understanding: It seems to me that the misconception of these organizations are that everyone who participates in them are making a covenant TO the sinners. You are not directly in a covenant to be a heathen like your line sisters/brothers who are unsaved. They're your sisters and brothers because they pledged at the same time that you did that they wanted to be a part of something that has been created to help the community and each other in areas in which they are lacking. Just like when other people took that walk with me to the altar (yes I'm saved before anyone asks HA HA ), doesn't mean that I inherit all their shortfalls because we aren't coming to each other. We're coming at the same time to do something for our own individual good. But as a member of the family, we agree to help each other out where we can. I feel it's the same way when you go Greek. You are not pledging TO each other. You're pledging WITH each other to the idea of working for the greater good of yourself, each other, the community, the world.

These organizations are supposed to be 'business first'. What happens in individual chapters gives people their own opinions, but some of the posts against GLOs are waaaay to generalized to appeal to a mass audience (as someone said before. I can't remember who). That may be because people who have had bad experiences tend to focus on the bad and have a hard time seeing all the good. I don't plan on growing further from God because even though the promise I will make to my chosen BGLO will become a big part of my college and life experience, it will never be bigger than my covenant with God. I know there is life after my BGLO days.

What "Me" said was true. (In my own words) God will not look at your intentions or your mind-set. He will look at your actions. If your with a BGLO and you live for him, you live forever. If your with it and you don't, you burn. Which means that whether you're in a BGLO has no affect on your afterlife. You must decide if you can deal with the negative temptations that come with your covenant ("every time I seek to do good, evil oppresses me on every side" type temptations), then be you. As I will when I pledge soon.

P.S. It's wrong to judge a particular thing based on individuals. One apple doesn't spoil a whole bunch. Well, not in this case. That's just my opinion. If one judged your whole church by the worst of your congregation, your church would look just as bad as GLOs.

Okay. That's my 2 cents. (looks more like 1.00) I'm done now.

Instant Messenger: pimpinole,4

Greek wannabe, sister in Christ, here is my biblical response to some of the things that you said:

The bible does not tell us to stay away from sinners. It's their WAYS we should avoid. It is not wrong to fellowship with them and promise to help them when they ask you for it or you feel they need it.

1 Corinthians 6:14-18 (read, study, and pray on this)
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawnessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15And what accord has Christ with Belial? OR WHAT PART HAS A BELIEVER WITH AN UNBELIEVER? 16 AND WHAT AGREEMENT HAS THE TEMPLE OF GOD WITH IDOLS? For you are the temple of the living God.... 17 Therefore, "COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM AND BE SEPARATE.....18...."

Now reread your post and then reread these scriptures.

Another one of your statements:
I don't plan on growing further from God because even though the promise I will make to my chosen BGLO will become a big part of my college and life experience, it will never be bigger than my covenant with God. I know there is life after my BGLO days.

A lot of people who go into a BGLO as a Christian, end up becoming a mason also and then begin to have doubts about certain things in the Bible. Some claim to have found God through their orgs, but yet they compromise what's in their rituals and what's in the Bible- so what exactly were they taught pertaining to Chrisitanity? Also, you don't have to plan to get further from God, but 1 Corinthians 15:33 says, "DO NOT BE DECEIVED: "Evil company CORRUPTS good habits."

Another one of your statements:
As I said, I'm not in a GLO, so ya'll can correct me if I"m wrong, but to my understanding: It seems to me that the misconception of these organizations are that everyone who participates in them are making a covenant TO the sinners. You are not directly in a covenant to be a heathen like your line sisters/brothers who are unsaved. They're your sisters and brothers because they pledged at the same time that you did that they wanted to be a part of something that has been created to help the community and each other in areas in which they are lacking. Just like when other people took that walk with me to the altar (yes I'm saved before anyone asks HA HA ), doesn't mean that I inherit all their shortfalls because we aren't coming to each other. We're coming at the same time to do something for our own individual good. But as a member of the family, we agree to help each other out where we can. I feel it's the same way when you go Greek. You are not pledging TO each other. You're pledging WITH each other to the idea of working for the greater good of yourself, each other, the community, the world.

P.S. It's wrong to judge a particular thing based on individuals. One apple doesn't spoil a whole bunch. Well, not in this case. That's just my opinion. If one judged your whole church by the worst of your congregation, your church would look just as bad as GLOs.

I saved the best for last. Now, where do I start? You mention all the good that BGLOs do for the community and what not--okay, fine, but the Bible says "only what you do for Christ will last" Many orgs say "in the name of ....sorority/fraternity" so I'll tell you that if you don't do it for the glory of God it means nothing. Now, you might say, "well, I'll be doing it for God's glory" but why do you need to get into a covenant with an org that speaks highly of a false god and looks to that false god for direction, sacrifices the false god, has a day set apart to honor the false god, etc. just to minister to God's people. (All of the BGLOs have a false god that serves a high purpose within their orgs and it's not just symbolism).

Also you mentioned that you'll be making a covenant with the org and not the members, but sweetie, the members make the org, the members are the org, without the members there is no org. Now, some might say you're not making a cov with the org but rather the goals, ideals, and mission of the org--that very same org bases their goals, ideals, and mission upon the help of a false god. Saying that the cov is with the org and not the members doesn't make it any better because it is the org that contains the ungodly ritual,your cov will be with the org that has an ungodly ritual.

PS, My best advice would be: whether they all, a few, or only one member of that org does or does not do great things in the community, they still have an ungodly ritual. Whether they all, a few, or only one member of that org hazes or not, they still have an ungodly ritual. This alone should sit uneasy in the spirit of a Christian. You don't need an organizational affiliation to do good things in your community, you've been commissioned by God to do great things in the world. No license, certificate, or ordination needed. But the fact that you have your mind set already is going to make it a little difficult to hear what the Holy Spirit is saying, He'll speak, but will you hear? We need to set aside our own desires and self-will to be able to HEAR, ACCEPT, AND OBEY, what GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT is saying, ask Him to help you to do such.

Part of dying to our flesh daily is to die to our own self-wills and to live in the will of God.

May God bless you in all of your endeavors,
but let God be glorified

Greetings Me.
Now continue on that first passage to chapter 7 verse 1... Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

How does community service and fellowship with those who are lost fit into that part. Let us take scriptures in their whole context.

I studied that, but I've also read

Mark 2:15 And it came to pass, that, as Jesus sat at meat in his house, many publicans and sinners sat also with Jesus and his dicsiples. For there were many, and they followed him. 16 And when the Pharisees saw him... they said... "How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners?17 "When JESUS heard it, he saith unto them, "They that are whole hath no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentence.

I understand what you are saying, but there is still the question of how many more lives one can touch when they are among sinners. U say we should not fellowship with sinners. Why, then, are there missionaries? True missionaries who travel the world and live amongst communities in the Amazon and befriend them and learn their language and translate the Bible to it and be an example unto them? As Lauryn Hill said in her unplugged CD "What a paradox/having God trapped in a box/..... /Focused on the shadow/with our backs turned to the light/too intelligent to see that we are in the way/" That is my belief. Not directed at you, but just to say that it seems easier to reach something 10 inches away than something 10 feet away.

Proverbs 3:21 My son, let not them depart from thine eyes: keep sound wisdom and discretion.22 So shall they be life unto thy soul, and grace unto thy neck. 23 Then shalt thou walk in thy way safely, and thy foot shall not stumble. 24 when thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.

In other words, in addition to the scriptures, use common sense. Do not let common sense out of your decision making, and you won't stumble or or be weary as you walk your Christian journey. My common sense says that I am strong enough to be able to not only stand fast in my Christian beliefs while in a BGLO, but I am also strong enough that I can be a light for those who need it. My common sense knows it's wrong to worship an idol God. I won't. My common sense knows it's wrong to offer sacrifices to anyone other than my Jehovah. I won't. If I am obligated to any of those things, I will turn from the organization and never look back. If I am not, I will continue because it's what I want to do. And when I lie down at night, like in verse 24, I will still have sweet dreams. If it's not against the word of God, then why should I worry?

2 Corinthians 2:14 Now Thanks be to God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in EVERY PLACE. 15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, AND in them that perish.

We as Christians can meet with those of the world. As long as we don't absorb the stench of their sins. Like the verse says... to God we are the sweet smell of Christ, and we spread that fragrance where ever we shall go.

Yours in Christ,
a greek wannabe

greek wannabe,

I see that you recognize that not only did Christ tell us to come out from among them and be separate, but we also see that He walked and talked with sinners---for ministerial purposes, He never allowed Himself to be pulled in by outward enticement--how He saw them living. We can't minister to people if stay away from them entirely, but God is not saying go into what He wants them to come out of. There is no excuse for a Christian to come to the knowledge of ungodliness and yet compromise so that they may do what they want to do. God said it is better for you not to know and don't do than to know and don't do. Now, since you know right, in this case (I guess), will you do right? I do not have the right to judge or condemn, but I have been commissioned to witness and that's what I will do b/c I am my brothers and sisters keeper. Thank you for atleast being humble enough to hear what other Christians have to say, from those who have been there and those who wanted to be there. Basically, just because God wants us to minister to sinners, that does not mean to get into their lifestyle---how can the blind lead the blind---you have to come out before the others who are in will hear you when you tell them that God wants them to come out also (this goes for any ungodly lifestyle).

God bless you 100 fold,
Let God be glorified

okie dokie on this topic.

Very true. The blind cannot lead the blind. And I know that God's call for us to do right does not mean to adopt their evil ways. And I won't do so. I haven't been to a club my first year in college, and I don't plan on doing so just because I wear letters. That's not what 'enticed' me to pledge. I'm above that behavior. I have 'come out'. I can witness. I will minister. I have yet to become knowledgeable of ungodliness. I only have unsubstantiated accusations. As I said before, I know where I'm going. I'm still on the road to perfection in Christ. However, if I come up against a solid reason to derail my BGLO train, I'll be the first one back.

And thanks to you too, Me, for listening. Even if we still don't agree. And I leave this forum with a few verses for reading...

2 Timothy 2:14-16, 22-26 (NIV)***for a clearer understanding***

14 Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who are involved in it will become more and more ungodly.
22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don't have anything to do with foolisk and stupid arugments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Shalom. Amen.
Yours in Christ,
a greek wannabe.

Me,

I think that you got it all twisted. You said something like being in an organization with others and calling him or her your brother or sister than he or she should be saved in order to call them bro or sis. Well, I have a question for you. Are your biological brother or sister saved? They maybe but do he or she live up to it? Do you live up to the standards of being saved? Most people who claim to be saved, arent. You see all kinds of hyorites in the church every Sunday praising to the Lord, so are they still considered to be saved? I want you to think about it before you answer me.

Minister, when you wrote those questions you should have left out #5 because who asks that kind of question. For one you should love a person regardless if he or she is saved or not. Second, a person can easily say that he or she is saved and may not be saved. So I think that this question should be void because I totally believed that it doesnt matter if a person is saved before he or she joins an organization.

Me,

I think that you got it all twisted. You said something like being in an organization with others and calling him or her your brother or sister than he or she should be saved in order to call them bro or sis. Well, I have a question for you. Are your biological brother or sister saved? They maybe but do he or she live up to it? Do you live up to the standards of being saved? Most people who claim to be saved, arent. You see all kinds of hypocrites in the church every Sunday praising to the Lord, so are they still considered to be saved? I want you to think about it before you answer me.

Minister, when you wrote those questions you should have left out #5 because who asks that kind of question. For one you should love a person regardless if he or she is saved or not. Second, a person can easily say that he or she is saved and may not be saved. So I think that this question should be void because I totally believed that it doesnt matter if a person is saved before he or she joins an organization.

Me,

I think that you got it all twisted. You said something like being in an organization with others and calling him or her your brother or sister than he or she should be saved in order to call them bro or sis. Well, I have a question for you. Are your biological brother or sister saved? They maybe but do he or she live up to it? Do you live up to the standards of being saved? Most people who claim to be saved, arent. You see all kinds of hyorites in the church every Sunday praising to the Lord, so are they still considered to be saved? I want you to think about it before you answer me.

Calling a bro./sis. who is your biological bro./sis. is just that--biological. When we speak of this in the church we're talking in body of Christ---meaning b/c they are saved and a Christian they have joined the family of God making themselves your bro./sis.
All were created by God, but John 1:12 means just what it says, to some He gave the right to become children of God.....who were born of God, not of flesh, will of man, or of blood---which we all were, so it's talking about a spiritual rebirth (starting your life over again spiritually--being born again).

You said it, they may be saved, but are they living it? saved--confessed & believe Christian (much more in-depth definition--basically taking the next step and living it)so this: You see all kinds of hyorites in the church every Sunday praising to the Lord, so are they still considered to be saved? means nothing.

God bless you,
Let God be glorified

About the Bro's abd sis's thing! Read what Jesus says in Matthew 12:50- he is not denying that He has biological siblings, but that TRUE brotherhood and sisterhood can only be realized through the Christian bond. As for biological, did you choose them or was it involuntary? You CHOSE to make SINNERS your brothers and sisters. JESUS NEVER DID THIS, Hebrews 7:26.

As for II Corinthians 6:14-18, I want anyone who disagrees that this applies to Christians in GLO's to breakdown the scripture for me. IN CONTEXT!!!!!!! I don't want jobs, siblings, etc. I want a scriptural breakdown. Nothing else will do. What is Paul discussing and what point is he trying to make? For all who are in agreement that it is an UNEQUAL yoke, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY until I have FIRST. I am asking you to do this, because this scripture is a serious blow to the Christian Greek who makes the claim of remaining to be a witness.

1 2