Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SGRho

I am a christian and I was thinking about becoming a member of SGRho. Have you found in your reseach that some of their ritual and belief tend to lean toward idolatry?

Re: SGRho

Hello Interested Non-Greek,

I just wanted to let you know that in your quest of learning of these orgs, or more specifically, SGRho, browse carefully through the posts on this forum, especially the first 6. But as you do, pray that God would help you to hear from him,not man, but know that He may speak through man. Ask God to help you to HEAR, ACCEPT, and OBEY--without that our self-wills will get in the way, and as Christians we can't allow that to happen, only the will of God is to be manifested in our lives. I asked God to do the same for me after I stopped justifying everything that He had already told me and God took the scales off of my eyes.

May God bless you in all your endeavors,
but Let God be glorified

Yes there is, along with the fact that they also deal with an idol god. You may not SEE this in the grad chapter, but you would become an AURORA on line. Aurora is the goddess of the new dawn. Rhomania is a day set aside by SGRho to honor this god. Please leave an e-mail address for more information.

Young lady,

I do not know where Fred Hatchett retreived the information that he posted regarding RHOmania - however please visit our national website or any chapter website to find that RHOmania is by far NOT a day for "idol worship" - but it varies in activities chapter to chapter. Is "Aurora" the name of a greek goddess of the dawn...yes it is. It is also the name of a car - I suppose we worship that during RHOmania also? That answer is no. If a son is named after his father has he become a worshipper of his father?

Sweetie, clearly you should go to a MEMBER of my organization for answers. Fred Hatchett is first of all a man and therefore is ineligible for membership. Lastly, any information he may have will have to be second hand and as you can see is inaccurate. If you have questions about my sorority, feel free to ask me!

Instant Messenger: ladysigma,3

LadySigma do you know why Aurora was chosen instead of the Greek name for the goddess of dawn?

SDMLAGL:

I do.

Instant Messenger: ladysigma,3