Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Respond to Zeta 4 Life

Oh, and one more thing. There have been several revisions to Handbooks since 1906-1922 (Not sure about Iota Phi Theta). There are several publications including outdated pledgebooks, song books, national initiative publications, etc. Have you read any prior to 1992? Just curious, becuase I have. And yes, while the operative word is "outdated" as the saying goes, a dog always returns to it's vomit. I had to be well read in more organizations than mine as a NP-HC officer, and since most info is public anyway I studied up on all of the BGLO's and most of the others. People just are too lazy these days to be inquisitive. Just like all these books out there about someone's intrepretation of the Bible, because no one has time to read the Bible. Not that there isn't great biblical literature out there, but much of it is fluff. All that to say - go deeper than these websites and what they tell you in interesting meetings. Go deeper than these most recent handbooks. Sit at the feet of the old and wise and absorb what may be watered down in these nicely packaged "historical" books. In a effort to erase some of the ugliness of GLO's past, there has been much revision - but truth is truth. God can always shine a light on things if you allow Him to shine one on us first. Once our pride, motives, and lusts are put away - He will show you all things as stated in HIS Word.