Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Zeta Phi Beta

Mrs. Karrah:

In Nov. `04, you stated:

"1. Placing your hand on the bible for rituals and using the bible in situations that have no relevance to God or His Word. Jesus said to take no oath and let your yes be yes and no be no. He also said render to Caesar what is his, and to God what is his."      

Whoa.....so you're also against this practice being used in courts all across the US of A?? And those procedings, for the most part, have absolutely nothing to do with God either!!      

Interesting....    

Actually, yes I am Galen. I am glad you brought that up. Just becuase America or any other institution does somethig, and by the way there is less and less of that because people don't believe in the Bible - doesn't mean it's right. In the story of Daniel - the requirement was to only pray and bow before the king. And Daniel went home and did what he always did, pray. Just because something is done across the country, doe not make it right. But that's the problem in the western world, the Bible has become more of a talisman. When God is the Word and the Word is with God. WE have become so callous and so ready to have a form of Godliness, but denying the power therein. God said, "I hate your SAbbaths and your new moons..." because of the motives behind some of the "rituals" we do in his name that really have no power.
God Bless

Whole and Hearted,

There is something in my heart that can not believe your story. And if it did happen sorry for you but you must not forget that all chapters do not react like that. I am a member of Zeta Phi Beta and I cannot say that I wasnt hazed because hazing could be anything. But I wasnt beaten. What do you call hazing because is not just getting your ass whipped.

I am a Zeta, I just came off April 3,2005. My membership intake process was just that, a process. I am a devoute Christian and I would never join something that is Satanic. We were read in, yeah I said an oath. An oath to obtain high standards and basically to do what ever for my organization to put it simple. i would never, ever every put Zeta Phi Beta before God. I already knew about the Deltas and what was in their handbook and stuff. That's one reason I dind't want to be apart of them. But in our handbook you won't find such foolishness. I think this site is stupid. People make their own decisions. If they let a sorority or fraternity change their feelings towards God then they probably weren't saved to begin with. I wasn't hazed. We studied our history, learned my probate show and took a test. That's it. No one hit me, told me what to wear, or eat, nothing. Now some may call me "paper" but you can't say that the whole organization satanic cuz of some dumb people. if you have something to say about this then email me at caramel_8302@yahoo.com and we can discuss this later.

Instant Messenger: caramel_8302,4

Sarah Perry do you believe that you're part of the in crowd?

Shame on you Denounced Zeta: I truly do not believe in any of the things that you are saying about my sorority. For example you can't even give a straight answer as to how long you've been a Zeta. At one point you said 10yrs. then you said 14yrs. And to Mr. Hatchett (Whatever you name is) you have entirely to much time on your hands! PLEASE GET A LIFE!!!

Re: in crowd?

Do i feel as if I'm part of the in crowd? What is the "in" crowd. I've never been much of a follower. I didn't go to parties be4 I pledged, I still don't go. I didn't join to go to parties or to be apart of greek shows OR to be part of the IN crowd. what ever that means. I joined to work!!

That's what I thought. What about sisterhood? Don't you want to bond with your Sorors? You don't have to go to parties, but I bet you that they don't deal with you like they would deal with someone so got her butt kicked for 8 weeks. Don't allow people to use you! GLO love members like you...you are not being out, you probably don't even wear nalia unless you're at a chapter meeting or service project, and 9 times out of 10 you would dare approach Zeta you don't know and introduce yourself. Do you know what the in crowd is now? Someone told me once that anyone can become a member, but only a selected few will gain full access. Heck girl I'd suggest that you let the chosen few do most of the work

I pledged Zeta in 1992. I denounced in 2001. I was a Zeta for almost 10 years before I denounced. Had I remained in Zeta it would be going on 14 years now. I have been posting on this site for a few years. I hope that clears things up a bit. You can believe what you want. I don't have anything to prove. May God bless you as you seek His truth.

Actually I wear Zeta stuff everyday, I have a front and back liscense plate. I speak to every Zeta I see. I go to our community service activities in my stuff. So reexplain the "in" crowd thing. No I'm not excluded from nothing. And when we have meetings wewear in business suits anyway so no one wears tee shirts, maybe a zeta pin or something. But your explanation of the "in" crowd is something else that I'm not understanding I guess. And I still love my Z Phi B lol!!!

Sarah- You actually pledged? You're not paper? Then you are a part of the "IN" crowd. Did you ever have to taste any wood, nasty food, greet a Big Sister, etc. Were you ever humiliated by a future soror? I guess the best way to get to know someone is to be humiliated together or by someone. Pledging is a manufactured bond. That is why retention is so hard and reclamation a constant on going process. But if you follow the money, you see why GLO's are so desperate to reclaim their members. They are simply units of money.

"Sarah- You actually pledged? You're not paper? Then you are a part of the "IN" crowd. Did you ever have to taste any wood, nasty food, greet a Big Sister, etc. Were you ever humiliated by a future soror? I guess the best way to get to know someone is to be humiliated together or by someone. Pledging is a manufactured bond. That is why retention is so hard and reclamation a constant on going process. But if you follow the money, you see why GLO's are so desperate to reclaim their members. They are simply units of money."

Fred did you actually read Sarah's post?

Sarah- Congratulations on becoming a Zeta. Remain strong and understand that there are people that want to keep the senseless violence in hazing going on. It is up to us to change this self destructive concept. Remember, everybody can take a butt whipping but few people can put in the work. BGLOs are intellectual legacies whose legacy is in much need of repair. Do your part in repairing it. Once again, congratulations!

thanks omegaman, no I wasn't humiliated, no i didn't have to greet anyone big sister, and HELL naw I didn't tak wood. That's stupid. Like I said before, we did everything the right and legal way. That's why some may call me "paper" but like I say, I DON'T CARE what others think. I didn't join Zeta to care what others think. I joined to work and meet others with the same cause. I wear my nalia proudly and could care less what others thought of my membership intake process. I have the same membership card, the same rights as any other soror. and the other 10 dovely ladies that came in with me, we are close as I don't know what. We all know that we didn't have to go through that to become apart of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. Thanks

So you certainly do not mind working hard for some proud promoting baby killers?

Are you Saved? If so, would something like this bother you? What are YOU and your 10 sisters going to do? Work that and get back to me. If you can IGNORE murdering babies, specifically Black babies, since you all claim to serve the Black community, then I have to ask where your conscience is. 536,000 BLACK babies per year, and ZETA wants to give a helping hand to this. Read the post; Where is the outcry from the Christian Zetas? If you cannot pull up the link, I will pull it up and send it to you.

So you certainly do not mind working hard for some proud promoting baby killers?

Oh wow aren't we being general. In essense you just said that all members of Zeta Phi Beta have had an abortion. I have never been pregnant in my life so that certainly does not apply to me. And before you ask because I know it will probably be your opening statement in response to me, yes I am a Christian. Actually I am a Christian that believes in free choice. Who are you or anyone else to decide what a person can or cannot do with THEIR body. That is between them and God. Not between anyone made of flesh and blood. Some people don't have abortions just for the heck of it. Some have abortions for medical reasons because they can't safely carry to term and in certain cases of "rape." Lets see If I can make a generalization as broad as yours. What if I said. How can you support this ministry against GLOs when the man who spearheads could possibly be on the dl. Logic: Alot of men of the cloth are on the dl. I bet you would be angry.

Why should I be unrighteously angry about that which is true or untrue? You see, I said your organiztion supports abortion, not every Zeta, even though I don't find that too often either. Would God comdone abortion in a rape situation? YES or NO? You may believe in free choice, but like I said people this is why GLO's need to stay out the moral, ethical, and Christian principled arena. THEY ARE UNWILLING TO MAKE THE TOUGH DECISIONS.
DEFINE ABORTION BLUE DOVE. NOT IN ITS EUPHEMISTICALLY CHANGED FORM, BUT THE ORIGINAL. HAVE YOU EVER EVEN READ ANY PORTION OF THE ROE v. WADE DECISION?
REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU CLAIM CHOICE- MURDER may be a choice, but it is ungodly. Your body is NOT YOURS. READ I Corinthians 3:16 and 6:15-20. Romans 6:1-22 says it belongs to God or the Devil. SO WE BY FREE CHOICE DO GOD OR SATAN'S BIDDING.
When the over 1/2 million black babies die in this country via abortion, you can proudly say, "it was their choice." As a born again believer, search God's opinion on abortion. God saw life so precious in the womb, that He made no distinction between a young child and a fetus. MAN this and MAN that! No! GOD this and GOD that. You are actually allowing and have allowed flesh to determine your belief in this, not GOD. Read your statement VERY carefully. These are the statements of people you have listened to, so you are guilty of what you tried to accuse me of. A LEGAL RIGHT does not constitute a DIVINE RIGHT, and by thinking it does, you have overstepped your bounds in to god-like stature judging the very right of INNOCENT life to be born.

WHEN YOU DECIDE TO JOIN, THESE ARE THE KIND OF YOKES YOU FORM.

Suprisingly a number of my friends/sorors who have babies and are married - do not believe in abortion. I always say to the pro-lifer- adopt a couple of dozen then holla at me. THere are enough who are not wanted. I do believe that abortion is the right decision in some cases- however stop generalizing until you adopt atleast 12- I dont want to hear your rhetoric. there are 15000 children alone in the state of Georgia without parents because they chose your option. What are the alternatives since your so full of critizism Mr. Hachett? I am not saying everyone should get an abortion - but what I am saying is if you dont like something fix it or atleast make an attempt to fix it. You dont like BGLO's so you got the rituals to expose the evil. You dont like abortion then adopt some children - if not then you have no right to tell someone else what to do.
He who is without sin - cast the first stone! Is that any human being on earth today - I dont think so- when you live in a glass house I suggest you dont throw any stones.

Pledging does not create a fake bond. Tell that to my 27 sorors from undergrad who have actively been in Zeta for the past 14 years. We have and will always have a strong bond- no beating involved!!!! I know for certain they would do anything for me and vice versa- dont twist it as them doing wrong things. I pledged the right way and I experienced firsthand how a pledge process- is a rites of passage for men and women- something we dont have in our community. So please people if you dont know about something dont assume.

technically Zeta 4life if you did not take wood you are paper too. Please do not confuse the non-greeks visiting this page. Help our people make educated decisions about joining this organizations. Tell them it's all about the $$ like Minister Hatchett said. Tell this their Sorors/Frat will ask them what chapter they are a member of before they ask their name. Your chapter name speaks for you so if you're in a hazing chapter others will love you, if you're in a chapter that follows rules you will be disliked and often times ignored...let's tell the truth my talented 10th brothas/sistahs.

Fred:

You stated:

"Yadda, yadda, yadda... ...That is why retention is so hard and reclamation a constant on going process. But if you follow the money, you see why GLO's are so desperate to reclaim their members. They are simply units of money."

WHOA.....!! Hold up there, "buddy"!! Where'd you get that nonsense?? Best believe, you'd better take that back where you got it and DEMAND a REFUND!!  

One of the main reasons college sorors and brothers don't affiliate or affiliate on an "off and on" basis, is financial (i.e. they cannot attend chapter meeting as they are in the process of "paying bills", meeting other obligations that they didn't have while they were students in college, etc.). And, if some of the posts I've read on your site are true, since you joined as Omega in an alumni chapter, you've had the opportunity to know that what I'm saying is true!!

One of the main focuses regarding money is found in one of the issues you constantly raise -- lawsuits. They are bankrupting these organizations. That's why there's a big "to do" over monies. Now....follow that money!

On the personal level, I am always in favor of retention as I'd rather see a brother in the fold, helping the community vs. doing nothing. Often, they assume that the dues are too high and don't become active on that assumption alone!

Once again, Fred.....you've got the wrong answer....yet again!   

SDMLAGL - because my dean and ad were old enough to know what a real process was I will never be considered paper. Paper - only refers to signing on the dotted line, paying money and getting the rituals that's paper. Original term right after pledging becomae illegal. So all the new terms dont mean a thing to me.