Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
okie dokie on this topic.

Very true. The blind cannot lead the blind. And I know that God's call for us to do right does not mean to adopt their evil ways. And I won't do so. I haven't been to a club my first year in college, and I don't plan on doing so just because I wear letters. That's not what 'enticed' me to pledge. I'm above that behavior. I have 'come out'. I can witness. I will minister. I have yet to become knowledgeable of ungodliness. I only have unsubstantiated accusations. As I said before, I know where I'm going. I'm still on the road to perfection in Christ. However, if I come up against a solid reason to derail my BGLO train, I'll be the first one back.

And thanks to you too, Me, for listening. Even if we still don't agree. And I leave this forum with a few verses for reading...

2 Timothy 2:14-16, 22-26 (NIV)***for a clearer understanding***

14 Keep reminding them of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen. 15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who are involved in it will become more and more ungodly.
22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don't have anything to do with foolisk and stupid arugments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

Shalom. Amen.
Yours in Christ,
a greek wannabe.

Instant Messenger: pimpinole,4

Re: What to ask at an interest meeting?

Me,

I think that you got it all twisted. You said something like being in an organization with others and calling him or her your brother or sister than he or she should be saved in order to call them bro or sis. Well, I have a question for you. Are your biological brother or sister saved? They maybe but do he or she live up to it? Do you live up to the standards of being saved? Most people who claim to be saved, arent. You see all kinds of hyorites in the church every Sunday praising to the Lord, so are they still considered to be saved? I want you to think about it before you answer me.

Minister, when you wrote those questions you should have left out #5 because who asks that kind of question. For one you should love a person regardless if he or she is saved or not. Second, a person can easily say that he or she is saved and may not be saved. So I think that this question should be void because I totally believed that it doesnt matter if a person is saved before he or she joins an organization.

Me,

I think that you got it all twisted. You said something like being in an organization with others and calling him or her your brother or sister than he or she should be saved in order to call them bro or sis. Well, I have a question for you. Are your biological brother or sister saved? They maybe but do he or she live up to it? Do you live up to the standards of being saved? Most people who claim to be saved, arent. You see all kinds of hypocrites in the church every Sunday praising to the Lord, so are they still considered to be saved? I want you to think about it before you answer me.

Minister, when you wrote those questions you should have left out #5 because who asks that kind of question. For one you should love a person regardless if he or she is saved or not. Second, a person can easily say that he or she is saved and may not be saved. So I think that this question should be void because I totally believed that it doesnt matter if a person is saved before he or she joins an organization.

Me,

I think that you got it all twisted. You said something like being in an organization with others and calling him or her your brother or sister than he or she should be saved in order to call them bro or sis. Well, I have a question for you. Are your biological brother or sister saved? They maybe but do he or she live up to it? Do you live up to the standards of being saved? Most people who claim to be saved, arent. You see all kinds of hyorites in the church every Sunday praising to the Lord, so are they still considered to be saved? I want you to think about it before you answer me.

Calling a bro./sis. who is your biological bro./sis. is just that--biological. When we speak of this in the church we're talking in body of Christ---meaning b/c they are saved and a Christian they have joined the family of God making themselves your bro./sis.
All were created by God, but John 1:12 means just what it says, to some He gave the right to become children of God.....who were born of God, not of flesh, will of man, or of blood---which we all were, so it's talking about a spiritual rebirth (starting your life over again spiritually--being born again).

You said it, they may be saved, but are they living it? saved--confessed & believe Christian (much more in-depth definition--basically taking the next step and living it)so this: You see all kinds of hyorites in the church every Sunday praising to the Lord, so are they still considered to be saved? means nothing.

God bless you,
Let God be glorified

About the Bro's abd sis's thing! Read what Jesus says in Matthew 12:50- he is not denying that He has biological siblings, but that TRUE brotherhood and sisterhood can only be realized through the Christian bond. As for biological, did you choose them or was it involuntary? You CHOSE to make SINNERS your brothers and sisters. JESUS NEVER DID THIS, Hebrews 7:26.

As for II Corinthians 6:14-18, I want anyone who disagrees that this applies to Christians in GLO's to breakdown the scripture for me. IN CONTEXT!!!!!!! I don't want jobs, siblings, etc. I want a scriptural breakdown. Nothing else will do. What is Paul discussing and what point is he trying to make? For all who are in agreement that it is an UNEQUAL yoke, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY until I have FIRST. I am asking you to do this, because this scripture is a serious blow to the Christian Greek who makes the claim of remaining to be a witness.

Upon observing this site and all that it entails, I am starting to doubt if you are even a pastor/man of god Mr Hatchett. You speak very nastily and are not kind at all to others...you were in a GLO so who are you to judge...think about your purpose as to why you joined in the first place and stop acting like you are holier than thou...just because you are a pastor doesnt mean you are better than anyone in the world!!! YOU ARE A POOR EXAMPLE OF A PASTOR!!! we are accomplished individuals and professionals whose purpose is to service our communities.....instead of diverting ALL of your energy towards younger adults like us, why dont you concentrate on your "church"..with a leader like you in their possession, they are sadly mislead by your teachings....lets empower each other instead of bashing organizations that were created for unity and community service... you cant hide from us because Greeks are everywhere:in your church , in the business world,EVERYWHERE!!!!

God Bless you

I have no problem with people deciding to do what they feel God is leading them to do, but what I do have a problem with is without looking deeper into things people making haste decisions about things they know nothing about. I mean the bible says study to show thyself approved, yet Minister Hatchett can get on here and say something and some defend it like its gold. Even if I told you something pertaining to scripture I expect you to read and study the word for yourself. I'm a minister of the gospel just like he is but yet I dont claim to know everything. The bible says we all only know in parts. The only way to salvation is through the believing that Jesus is the Son of God and that He gave His life for us. John 3:16. Thats the bottom line. Surely Holy living is involved in this. Anything that goes beyond this is doctorine and mans interpretation. Listen people, if a man Minister or Not, tells you something and all you do is believe it without studying for yourself, you're gonna always be mans puppet believing whatever sounds right. If disassociated yourself with an organization to follow what God has for you to do in His Kingdom, let it be for that reason and not because a person came to you with his half truth's pursuading you to do so. If you run a person who is pro org they're not gonna tell you anything bad about orgs because its their job to promote organizations. If you wanna across someone who is against orgs (like Hatchett) then they're not gonna tell you anything good about orgs cause its their job to demote org. Be led by God,His Word and His convictions, not man and his opinions. If man didnt talk you into it, dont let man talk you out of it. The bible says a doubleminded man is unstable in all his ways. If people can pursuade you to and fro to believe certain things you're living through their minds and not your own and surely not God's. P.S. let every man be pursuaded in his own mind.

I tell people the whole truth AABusiness. They do here the good.