Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: From www.nykola.com

Not sure how this got to be about the military, but yes I do support the United States military. They are fighting for my freedom to worship God and to have this forum of debate, among other things. There have been some military forces that have not fought for freedoms, but enslavement and discrimination - such as Hitler's army and The Communist forces. My husband works in law enforcemnt and I hold nothing but respect for those who put their lives on the line for freedom. God said that we should respect governing and authoritative figures. Our Judaic-Christian format of the legal system is a type and shadow of God's own. Also, I pretty much agree with Renewed - good post.

And yes my son is in the Boy Scouts and my husband is one of his Den Leaders. I just asked the hubbie and he stated that while there is a motto, there were no oaths taken in their pack. I would not say that all oaths are bad. I would say, however that we have to watch the oaths we take as the Word states. God strongly discouraged oath taking and promise making and just because man has developed a form does not mean God approves it.

But someone taking an oath to defend the human race as a whole is very different from oaths taken in secret societies. I've been there and I know. And as I stated in another post to Galen, I do not agree with placing your hand on the Bible and swearing anything. Then the Word of God serves as a Talisman. Especially in a world where all people do not even honor the Word or hold it dear. What's the point in putting your hand on it? It won't magically make you tell the truth. It won't convict those who don't believe on it.

Luunty, a few years ago I would have agreed with you. But again, I have been there - seriously been there. And I did not leave out of disgust for my org or because someone made me mad. I dealt with the ups and downs of being in an org for almost 10 years before GOd showed me. So I was tenacious, loyal, and faithful with my org. There is a bigger picture here.

And, yes I have been severely hurt by the church. Starting when I was 11 and up to this point. REad the Bible, being amongst the brethren IS difficult sometimes. However, Iron sharpens iron. The world is full of sick people. The church is a hospital where people realize that they are sick and that their only cure is Jesus. There is a song that says better is one day in GOd's house, One day in HIS courts than thousands elsewhere. And just because there are hurts and drama in the church sometimes doesn't mean that God won't deal with it. He said that judgement BEGINS in His house. So whatever happens in the church is in HIS hands and HE is our justice who will make all wrongs right in due time.

Selling out to Jesus means to accept the imperfections of the brethren and gently restore each other accoding to the Word. It means exhorting and edifying each other in one common purpose, that the will of the Father be done. My mother is an Evangelist who recalls the old saying that everyday may not be Sunday and every month may not be the month of May, but lean on the Lord's side.

Unfortunaely there are some heritical churches out there and people truly need to come from under those teachings. The devil in all his efforts is going to be in the pulpit sometimes. That's why GOd has given us the Word so that with His discernment and a pure heart we can clearly see the truth.