Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: question

Good point, Fred.

As a matter of fact, when we mature, some of us actually can see beyond our own organization.

I've interviewed and hired people based on their desire to be a part of a BGLO. No....that wasn't the only factor upon which I based my decision. They had other characteristics going for them. But wanting to be a part of a like/similar organization shows that they could communicate with others and in customer service, you do want that in your employees.

So....if hiring who I believe is/was the best candidate for the position makes me "prejudice", then so be it.

QUESTION 4 U FRED:

Would you hire a Christian over a non-Christian even though the non-Christian is better qualified for the position??

Instant Messenger: ,3

Fred,
I know you didn't just go there! PREJUDICE. . . and you are not? Give me a break! Your prejudice pushes you to the point of calling people out of their names. Half of the time I don't know if you are trying to make a legitimate point or just simply playing the dozens under a facade aggressive christianity! I am interested in the answer you have for Galen's question.

The most qualified person does not always get hired. What do you mean by most qualified? This person could be arrogant and not be a good fit. But all conditions of academics and experience being equal, it would boil down to demeanor. Whoever would be best for the company would get hired, saved or unsaved.

Fred:

That's interesting.....

In my 15 years as a Muslim (both in the Nation of Islam and out), I've heard some of the highest compliments being paid to the demeanor of Muslim women and men....by those who call themselves Christians! At the same time, they say that they wish more Christians were more like them!

Instant Messenger: ,3

"The most qualified person does not always get hired. What do you mean by most qualified? This person could be arrogant and not be a good fit. But all conditions of academics and experience being equal, it would boil down to demeanor. Whoever would be best for the company would get hired, saved or unsaved."

I know this is rare, but I do have to agree with Fred on that one. I am still offended by his insulting me earlier, but I forgive you. Just understand that we all reap what we sow....

I used to be a manager in fast food, and part of my job was to interview, train, hire & fire people. Now with that being said, if all other factors are equal, it does come down to demeanor. Now also along those lines, and any of us who have grown up in church, or been SAVED (not faking, but TRULY saved) for any amount of time, know that the SAINTS can be some of the meanest, nastiest people you have ever met or worked with. I'm not just saying this from hearsay, but from experience. Then when they ask who I am and I inform them that I am a minister, they become embarrassed, because they knew they were not supposed to act and talk the way they were. See, when your light is shining for GOD, you don't have to proclaim who you are. I'm not talking about baby christians either....I'm talking about people who have been proclaiming salvation for more than 10-20+ years and hold several high positions in the church. And don't let me know their Pastor! LOL...then they become REAL HUMBLE, real quick, because they feel that I'm going to tell their Pastor on them!!!![:-D

to answer your question brother hatchett, that decision would be based on the maturity of the interviewer. In the case that I was in that positon, yes i would give strong consideration to my soror but when it boils down to it business is business..period. that is just like asking if i would favor my brother over a stranger. i am going to give a certain amount of preference to the one i am more familiar with, but as a mature and business minded adult (and i know all people dont think like this) i have to make the decision that is best for the situation. if that means my soror does not get the job, so be it... but you did not comment on the other material in my previous statement.

Instant Messenger: deleted

A SMART interviewer would not even let the interviewee know they had a greek affiliation in common. It would eliminate any possible bias or pressure. What does it have to do with the job anyway? Nothing! And a fraternity brother or sorority sister has no relation to a birth sibling.

Question,

did anyone read the part of the Delta manual where it says, 'We do not use Minerva as a point of worship but as a symbol of what she stands for alone'

That's fine, but you all do say, in your ritual, that candidates for membership are under the shadow of Minerva and in no way could you offend one who is under her grace. Can you please explain this...biblically.

Thanks,
God bless

of course a sibling does not have direct relation to a soror or frat but you have not dispelled my point at all.

of course a sibling does not have direct relation to a soror or frat but you have not dispelled my point at all.

What is this all about? I asked you a question respectfully and where is the answer? I hope people can see that a lot of greeks do this. See when we ask questions like these mixed in with a lot of other comments and points then you all will respond to certain things, but when we just flat out and directly ask the question then we get answers like this one. Most posts ended because a question was asked and never got answered.

So where's the answer........

Remember, you claim to be a child of God, how can one compromise and justify ungodliness and idolatry and yet say that your org is not placed before God.

Yet and still,
Be blessed in the Lord

Me...you are a victim of a planting syndrome. Like one of the brothers said in another posting, a lot of times God gives people revelations for THEIR lives because He wants to do something with THEM in THEIR personal relationship with Him. In the Bible it says (paraphrased)'what ever a man beleives, he should believe it to himself..' you all are fixed on one avenue of these organizations and trying to form a whole doctrine on it instead of simply addressing problem areas and leaving it at that. my point still stands that younger members are simply victims of wrong thinking and not that the organization is practicing idolatry. Truth is truth.....

God Bless You

Minister Hatchett,

Did you remove the posting where I ALREADY spoke on how God gives revelations?

Question,

Some things God says He does not want that particular person doing at that time or ever b/c He may have something else planned for their life, but some things are just not right for anybody that claims to be a Christian and idolatry is one of them, being apart of an org. that says Minerva is your mentor pushes the Holy Spirit our of the picture unless one believes that the Holy Spirit could use a little bit of help.

So, some things are wrong for that person b/c it's not in God's plan for their life or they're not ready for it yet (in many ways; spiritually, emotionally, etc.), but somethings are just not right. And since when does God say "you cannot fornication, but she can"? Some things are just wrong for Christians, regardless of who they are and what God has planned, even in 05 God still says sex b4 marriage is wrong and b/c He is the same yesterday, today, adn forever more His Word has not changed!

AND YOU STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!!

God WILL be glorified, no matter what justifications we come up with. Now you just said, "truth is truth", I like that

So check this out: The truth is the truth whether we like it or not, even if we don't want to accept it----As I've said b4: When you die, God is not going by your self deceptions but by His Holy Word. There is no excuse when God has sent people to you to minster His message. If we truly love God then we will sacrifice what we love for His will. "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments" (John 14:15) But TRULY seek Him and hear from Him and not your heart b/c "the heart is deceitful above all things, and desparately wicked, who can know it" (Jer. 17:9) And to have confidence in your decision, take things into consideration, whether you agree or not unless God says 'unh-uh", but always take it to the throne and ask for confirmation "that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." (1 Cor. 2:5).

Praise God Almighty, Maker and Creator of heaven and earth!!!

May God bless

you mention that "selling out" for God means that you must sacrifice what you love for Him..this is a true statement. Think about this.
If I go to the store and buy up a bunch of items and I pick up a bunch for you as well. There is no point in you going and buying anything for me because I have already done it. I did not ask you to so your service is very nice, and I would appreciate it, but I didnt ask you to do it.
God is not asking me to give up my membership. He is asking me to use it to reach those that would otherwise be swallowed up by broken homes, drunkeness, depression, fornication, and lack of knowledge. If we who know the way do not teach those who are lost than we are no better than the enemy. God uses different people to minister in different ways so that "all may come to repentance" not that His word would be compromised but that His word would reach to the entire realm of the world. As long as I keep Him first and keep my relationship with Him in order as well as bring souls to Him so that they may escape hell as He allowed me to that is what I am here for. I am dedicated to touching the lives of people here on this earth and I will continue to do so until the last soul that is assigned to me is saved. I will show His people His way from whatever position I hold, and the way God works, it will work.
It's called faith and service.

Instant Messenger: deleted

Me: let me answer your question.
I am a member of another BGLO, not delta as you are referring to. Anyways, the truth is: the BGLO's are 'stuck' in or nicely put rooted in their tradition. With time BGLO's have changed a few things like membership requirements, g.p.a. and stuff; but the foundational rituals are hardly ever changed.

The reasons are unexplainable to those without Christ. See part of the reason God said do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers is because the YOKE is a soul tie. The soul tie happens in the spirit realm Christians that are filled with the Holy Ghost and revelation knowledge understand (or should) the spirit realm. Yokes or soul ties are hard to break. In fact, some people never come OUT from AMONG them and BE YE SEPARATE due to the yoke of bondage (soul ties) which have a grip on them. That's why some see but do not perceive and others hear but do not understand. They won't answer your question for two reasons, 1) they are under the yoke of bondage and 2) they do not realize it, or 3) they do not know how to get free from it.
BEFORE I RECEIVE HATE MAIL, I'M NOT JUST SPEAKING ABOUT DELTA, PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS. I'm a member of AKA, our pledge says: TO Thee Oh Alpha Kappa Alpha, we pledge our hearts, our minds, our strength...........and so on. The reason this was never changed, although, we have plenty of members who head wise know the Word of GOd, is the yoke of bondage. The bible also speaks about traditions of men, for those who can't wait to finish reading my post to respond. It's not for tradition, it is a soul tie in the spirit realm. Sometimes people's hearts and minds are blinded to the truth and it makes them easily offended when they hear the truth. They don't respond because they can't.
Pray that God would deliver them from this bondage.
In fact, Father in the Name of Jesus please set every member, future member, wannabe of a BGLO free from the spirit of idolatry, especially those who know better, please forgive us and deliver us from the yoke of bondage due to our willful sin, sin of commission and ommission. Some of us did not know the truth, had not experience revelation of Christ before we joined our BGLO, some of us are without excuse. But, Father you sent Christ to die for our sins, sicknesses, diseases, and all manner of bondage. Christ rose for our victory. Give us the victory in our lives so we may worship YOU only, which is the first commandment. Forgive us, deliver us, and make us your child. In Jesus' Name, Glory to the Father. Amen