Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: UNITY: Your questions are here.

Mr. Hatchett,

To begin with, I stated that I was explaining why I answered your questions the way I did, not turn this into a religious debate forum. The word almah does not mean virgin and it is not used in the "old testament" to describe ANY virgins. In addition the word almah is only briefly used in the "old testament". There is a hebrew word for virgin and that word is continously used in the "old testament" whenever the author is speaking about a virgin. The passage in isaiah does not use the hebrew word for virgin. It uses a word that was used in other passages to describe various things but never a virgin. It is improbable that a person fluent in the hebrew language as isaiah was, would suddenly decide to not use the hebrew word for virgin, but instead use a different word just to confuse everyone. He uses clear and precise words throughout the text all the way up to the word almah. We are then to assume that he changed his plan and decided to not be so clear with his prophecy and hope that we would figure it out someday in the future. If his prophecy involved the redemption of the nation of israel, then why didn't he just make a proclamation to the whole nation just as previous prophets have done. Why would he go to a single king who wants
G-d to speak to him about his life, and tell him about something that won't happen until way after the king is dead and gone? The fact that isaiah was sent to give a specific message to king ahaz during a specific time about a specific event makes it very difficult to apply the prophecy to anyone other than king ahaz. In addition, the prophecy speaks about certain things that are going to happen to king ahaz's enemies during a specific time in the "child's" life.

The next thing you have wrong is my view of xianity. You want me to be someone that bashes xianity and you be the heroe who defends the faith. Well that is a wrong perspective to have. Judaism (observant/orthodox) does not speak against xianity. We believe that xianity is a good religion and it has caused many people to change their lives and to be better people. There are certain things within xianity that we jews consider idol worship and paganistic, but many xians are unaware of that. Therefore, we feel that those who believe that they are sincerely worshipping G-d, eventhough they may do it in a way that is considered pagan or idol worship, G-d still hears them and envelops them with His grace and mercy.

I speak with regards to what I know. And what I know is the "old testament". I know it from its original language and its original interpretations. Your dialogue with me in regards to the "old testament" appears to have been based off of english translations and hebrew/english dictionary and concordances. Those cannot compare to someone who knows and understands the language of the bible. In the "old testament" G-d is refered to as the G-d of the jews. He does not change in the "new testament" and become the G-d of the xians. He is still the G-d of the jews, and just as paul writes in romans ch. 11, that xians (gentile believers) are not to boast themselves above the jews bc they have been grafted into faith with the jews so that they too can share in the richness of the jews. He then concludes his statements by saying that G-d is faithful to His promises and all of israel shall be saved.

Why did you ignore the statements of Jehovah, Gabriel, Matthew, Luke and of course Mary. Either ALL of their testimonies are wrong which would make Isaiah wrong ACCORDING to you or Isaiah is right and you are wrong.

Your statement about Almah is your interpretation ignoring the truth about other passages in which the word is used.

WE DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are correct, we do disagree. I did not answer your statments about gabriel, mary and others bc I do want to turn this into a back and forth religious debate. I have plenty to say regarding those comments but it will take us of course and we will have a full fledge religious debate.

Mr. Hatchett, I would however like to thank you for allowing me to express my views on your website and thank you for being courteous to me eventhough we do not see things eye to eye.

Instant Messenger: ,3

It's really all about love as far as I am concerned. It always has and always will be. Even if I believe someone would go to hell if they died in front of my face does not mean I do not love and have compassion for them. I have expressed not only in word, but in deed. I knew a person who could not stand me die. I could have just stood their and did nothing, but I actually did two things. Witnessed salvation while she was alive and tried to revive her why she lay on the floor dead. So many have absolutely no idea who I really am. The only thing they know about me is all IMPERSONAL html. Just b/c we disagree does not mean I have bad hopes for you. I hope and I am sure you will be a great doctor.

Minister Hatchett