Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: Christians in BGLOS - a wannabee's testimony

Let me share my experience with you. I am saved and filled with the Holy Ghost and also wanted to pledge a fraternity. I had observed all of the unique
characteristics of each. I even obtained information that you would not see until you would be selected for initiation.

During that time in my life I was also engaged to a woman who was a member of a sorority, but who was also saved. One night we discussed the issue of
pledging and she gave me some indication of regret. Then she asked me one powerful, God inspired question, "If the Lord was to tell you not to pledge,
what would you do?" Right then, my heart was BROKEN. That night I asked the Lord if this was so, he would have to reveal to me why? You know probably as well as I do of the numerous people who belong to these organizations and are in the ministry. So I asked God Why? Did I mention that I tried to pledge for four years and each time I was qualified according to
their standard and the schools?

The bottom line was Idolatry! See, our Lord will not have His children be involved in or commit Idolatry. Of course He gives a choice. In the ritual of pledging, whether undergrad, grad, masonry, eastern star, or any other type, they utilize the item called covenants or pacts, where you make vows to the organization or power. This is against God's will! God did not allow it for His natural chosen people, Israel and He doesn't now! The Lord revealed to me all of the things that pointed to the sin of Idolatry
through the material I acquired and most importantly, through His WORD!
God says that we would be held accountable for every idle word that we speak and that we are not to swear by anything, not even ourselves, because we do
not have any power to make even one hair white or black. How dare we even ask our Heavenly Father to do something that is against His will and to
bless it. God forbid. Now, why God would allow some to pledge and others not, I could not tell you. I am only responsible for telling the truth in love. God does not want us to commit spiritual Idolatry, nor
spiritual adultery.

I hope this will bless you and shed light.

Re: Christians in BGLOS

In response to the question, "How is pledging one's heart to an organization against Christian principles?"

If this was a sincere question, then I'll answer so we could generate a positive conversation.

The bible says, Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and strength.

BGLO's are notorious for taking scriptures from the bible, changing them to fit the organization, and exalting the organization as a deity. When you replace God with your organization and give the org. what belongs to God it is idolatry.

I knew something was wrong with this pledge the very first time I said it. The Holy Spirit in me was grieved by our saying it. We as Christians can NOT replace our affections for God with our BGLO. I'm sorry but there is no way over, under, or around it. It does not matter if you are reciting promises to do "good things" or not. The problem is the alliance of your heart, mind, and strength to anything or anyone other than GOD ALMIGHTHY.

Here's the line___________________________.
It's Holiness or Hell, we all have a choice. Once you become aware that you made a bad choice, you have to repent, and go warn others for their soul's sake.

It's like taking your tithes and offerings which the bible says in Malachi 3:11 belong to God and giving them to the poor. You are deceiving yourself if you think God will honor your giving under these circumstances. Don't let satan deceive you. God said, not man, not me, or Minister Hatchett. God said, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me." We can't get around it.

I would like to get around many things in life, the traffic during rush hour, paying a $300 ticket for speeding, taxes, etc (lol) We all would if we could. However, it is unlawful in the natural. How much more is it unlawful in the spirit realm to take something that God said belongs to Him alone, and knowingly or YES unknowingly give it to someone (something) else. Pledging your heart, mind, and strength is an act of worship. Man is spirit, soul, and body. Our spirit, soul, and body MUST reverence the Lord, God Almighty, who is the MAKER of it!

And the church said, AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!

I honestly pray you receive it in the right spirit, get delivered from deception (bondage), and run tell others (help set others free by speaking the Word uncompromisingly). Once you are aware of the truth, you have a responsibility to warn others. From the minute you read this, God's holding you accountable now.

Grace and Blessings

How is pledging your heart going against christians principles???

When you pledge your heart, mind, and strength, whether you realize it or not, you are participating in an act of worship.

The bible says, Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, mind, and strength. Man is spirit, soul, and body.

spirit (heart), soul (mind), and strength (body)

Do you understand now?

If we take our tithes and offering (Malachi 3:11) and give them to the poor, then will God be pleased? Are we not deceiving ourselves with our giving? Does that mean God does not want us to give to the poor? Of course, not.

It just means we can not take what belongs to God and give it to others.

Our worship belongs to God alone.

HA! Erased the contradictions eh?

Justice Cee 103

But, do you understand the message?

What message? That if you post some accurate condradictions of the Imam of this site, it'll be deleted because he doesn't have enough mental ammo to post back? Yeah I understand that VERY well.

Justice Cee 103

Reading back over some of the posts, I realized you said this:

Um, sir, My sorors Pearl, Myrtle, Fannie, Arizona, and Viola had NO ties to the Nation of Islam nor were any of them Muslims when they founded Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. So you sir, are wrong.

Now, first of all, who is "sir"? And when she said they had ties with the Nation of Islam / Muslims, she was not saying that they were Muslims-----but let me say that their dealings with them are an example of compromise for an org. that claims to be founded on Christian principles---riiiiggghhht?!

"So you sir, are wrong" So your org. Justice, is wrong.

God bless.

"Now, first of all, who is "sir"?"

The person I was posting to.

"And when she said they had ties with the Nation of Islam / Muslims, she was not saying that they were Muslims-----but let me say that their dealings with them are an example of compromise for an org."

That's where you and her are wrong. We had no dealings with NOI. Period. Now the Sigmas may have since they've been a big sponsor for the Million Man March. But not Zeta.

"that claims to be founded on Christian principles---riiiiggghhht?!"

I don't base my decision on joining an organization that does good deeds to benefit the community on whether or not they're a Christian or Islamic based org.

"So you sir, are wrong" So your org. Justice, is wrong."

No we are not. Go back and read and stop trying to dodge you and your co-ed's contradictions.

Salaam

Justice Cee 103

Question:

Answer:
I pledged my heart to my sorority

"Question:

Answer:
I pledged my heart to my sorority"

That doesn't answer the question.

Justice Cee 103

I am a member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. I am also a believer with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Becoming a member of a fraternity or sorority is not for everyone. (all things are lawful, but not all are expediant) Before I pledge I asked God if it was something he would allow me to ecome apart of. He answered yes.

Alpha was founded on the "christian" principle of servitude and love. (Manly Deeds, and Love for all mankind) however, they were not founded on Biblical principles. Becoming an Alpha in MY experiance did not weaken my faith. You'd be surprised how pledging gives you a practical application of faith.

You get out of the pledge process what you bring into it. In my case I brought my christian beliefs and I was able to draw from them strength to make it thru that journey.

Although it was acceptable by God in my case does not mean that it is acceptable in everyones case.

Alot of the information regarding the other orgs I can not, nor should others, speak on because I am not a member of those orgs.

Remember man looks at the outward, but God sees the heart.

I would agree that Rev. Hatchett has a vast amount of knowledge of GLO's but there are some area's where Wisdom might be lacking.

When we are tempted we are drawn away by our OWN lust. Everyone's lust is not the same. Therefor what causes one to fall might not cause another to. If being in a GLO caused him to fall and someone is of the same character and disposition as he, then take hede least you fall also. But, if you can become a member of a GLO and maitain you integrity as a christian, then continue pressing onward and upward

Remember, seeking God's will for YOUR life is important before becoming a member of ANY organization
God Bless

So you actually took the beat down route and are calling it God? I don't think so. You actually broke frat and state laws everyday? How does this show forth good fruit. You can make all the excuses you want, but you confessing Christ and getting waxed has probably perpetuated a new generation of hazers.

Now I do not care if you ignore everythng below, but please answer these questions:
WHERE ARE YO AN ALPHA?

HOW IS YOUR CHAPTER IMPACTING THE CAMPUS FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD?

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE THE GREATEST NEED IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY NOW? HOW IS YOUR CHAPTER GOING TO DEAL WITH THAT?

WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE THE GREATEST PROBLEM TO BE IN OR AFFECTING THE BLACK COMMUNITY TODAY?
WHAT IS YOUR CHAPTER DOING ABOUT IT?

Now when I discuss the ungodliness of GLO's, that is exactly what I am doing. It has nothing to do with you. I think Christians are just compromising whenever they see ungodly PRACTICES in their GLO and do not try to do anything to get it changed. Christians in these groups simply acquiesce with the false teachings of their GLO's. Instead of fighting and contending for the faith, greeks who are saved just let the lies go on. Don't think that people are not gullible enough to believe the lies either, because they are. When are believers going to start making real impacts nationally, instead of just simply saying, "God said it was okay." DO SOMETHING TO STOP THE LIES THAT GREEK ORGANIZATIONS ARE PERPETUATING in their rituals, history books, by-laws and constitution, etc. Christians ought to know better than to perpetuate this cult form of secrecy. Did you read the 7 similarities of Ancient Cults and GLO's on this site? Take a look. This is not coincidence.

HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY WHAT YOUR FRATERNITY HAS DONE TO EPHESIANS 4?

NOW I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU WERE 1 OF THOSE 10-12 GUYS WHO DISCUSSED THE RITUAL LAST WEEKEND, IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT THEN OBVIOUSLY, YOU DIDN'T.

Question:

How can one say that a secret society is founded on Christian principles and leave Christ out or even mis-appropriate scriptures.

Everything Jesus did, He did openly and publicly. Jesus didn't have to hide anything. And you say these groups were founded on Christian principles....

For instance, the only one who is the "Light of the world" is Jesus. Jesus then declares to his disciples that they are the "Light of the world... a city which is set on hill that cannot be hid." So it seems to me that the disciples of Christ are the ones who carry the light. But is your light dim?

Just remember its Jesus + nothing or no one else. Jesus does not need man's concotions or witty inventions for His plan to be complete.

1 2