Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is Christianity a Hybrid Faith? Litmus Test? Jesus merely a Prototype?

The goal of the Body of Christ is to walk together, in step with the Spirit of God, according to His word. While we are not identical in the function of our gifts, if we are to be “fellow Christians,” then we need to be rooted in the same foundational Truth; one of them being that there is only 1 GOD, 1 TRUTH, and 1 WAY who is Jesus Christ. The point being made on this website is that GLOs do not celebrate this Truth. If Christians are not united in the same spiritual Truth, then the Faith is grossly compromised. Confronting “fellow Christians” about foundational Biblical Truths is not asking anyone to pass a litmus test; it is ensuring that we are united in the same Truth. That is being your brothers’ and sisters’ keepers, for real. Christians are to be the Body of Christ; this implies correlation between members, so there is a need to be united, not in intellect, but in the Truth of the Word of God. When lies creep into the Body of Christ, a bad infection occurs! Phil 2:1-2, 1 Corinthians 12

By holding one accountable to the Word, no man is consigning another to hell; that is the job of God whose judgment seat we will all have to stand before. However, we are to exhort each other, pray for each other, and assist in the growth of each other, as fellow saints. Exhorting others in the Faith to be aligned with the Word of God, which clearly outlines what Christian requirements are and who will not inherit God’s Kingdom, is not casting anyone into hell, it is showing the individual what the Word says. If one feels or perceives condemnation, then it is undoubtedly because they are not at ease with what God’s Word says, and that is definitely something that the individual needs to pray to God about. Even if an individual feels that his salvation is his business and his business alone, the Word instructs Christians to still minister the message of salvation. This is executing Christian duty, as another sister put it.

“Our black communities are in profound need of ministers who are full of the fire of the Spirit and the light of intellect.”

Paul discourages the “light of intellect” in 1 Corinthians; he calls it worldly wisdom. In fact, intellect is what is perverting the Word of God in the modern day Church. Individuals want this hybrid of worldly intellect and spiritual truth and the two don’t mix, light and dark cannot co-exist. 1 Corinthians chapter 1 and 2 emphasizes knowing the Truth of the Holy Spirit over any other intellect. 1 Corinthians 1:20-30, 2: 1-5:

“When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power.”

“Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.”

Our Black communities (and the world at large) need Jesus! They need to grow a relationship with Jesus Christ more than anything else in this world; start with spiritual deliverance and the shackles are bound to fall off elsewhere! We are so busy preaching on the premise of social “intellect” that the True message of Christianity, redemption of the lost soul through Jesus Christ, is not even a focal point.

Jesus is far more than a prototype; He is also a Redeemer of lost souls. His purpose was not just to tend to the poor, heal the sick, feed the hungry; these were all demonstrations of His spiritual authority and His compassion, but His ultimate purpose was salvation! To get people into the Kingdom of Heaven. A spiritual liberator is what Jesus was first and foremost (John 3:16).

Saints, be encouraged to rely on the wisdom of the Holy Spirit to guide you. The Truth is in His Word, just read it. Where there is Truth there is spiritual freedom. Shun what is evil (there is a list given in Galatians 5 and idolatry just happens to be on the list), and cling to what is good. This is not a criticism, this is and exhortation. To God Be the Glory.