Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Conversation With a Que

Sym #1
First and foremost, I hope that the creation of this site was of good intent and was just misguided.

Min. H #1 response
Very good intentions, and totally guided by truth and facts.

Sym #2
I am a member of Omega Psi Phi but I do not worship it. I find it interesting that the quotes you stated about Omega are somewhat correct but not completely...which changes the context. This only gives you leverage in proving false points.

Min. H #2 response
Never said you did worship Omega. You are only 1 of 2 Omegas to say that. Many current members and X-members know the truth.

Can I get some facts from you?
1.) Are you saved? If so, when?
2.) Did you pledge and when, or are you a paper member?
3.) Do you agree with the old school process?
4.) Did you learn Invictus?

Sym #2 response
Yes. 1997 (son of a deacon and evangelist)
I pledged 13 weeks…spr 05
I agree with some things…not everything
Yes, I learned Invictus (and at my chapter we do not say Omega is the captain of my fate nor my soul)

Min. H #2 final response
This person was hazed 13 weeks as a born again believer. I rest my case on his state of mind relating to God and his desire to be an Omega. As for his comment on Invictus (William Ernest Henley), I cannot believe this is his only objection. Here are the other TWO lines that present a problem to the believer.
“I thank whatever GODS may be for my unconquerable soul”
“It matters NOT how STRAIT THE GATE”

Matthew 7:13-14
13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Need I say more than the fact that an agnostic, possible atheist wrote this poem!!!!!!!!!!

Sym #3
I agree with you in some areas regarding hazing and those extreme members who place their orgs over God but to state that our orgs were founded on false principles is nothing short of incorrect.

Min. H #3 response
Now ye not that a little leaven, leaveneth the whole lump. I Corinthians 5

Sym #4
You base most of your proof on your research. Well, in that case you must condemn Christianity as well.

Min. H #4 response
Christianity cannot be condemned. When one acts outside of Christianity, he or she has a Holy God to answer to, because they have sinned against Him. To condemn Christianity is to condemn Christ who is God? So when the Christian decides to be sinful, it is of his own accord. With fraternities, the same CANNOT be said. Why? Because they operate under the guise of relative morality. There is noting wrong for an Omega to be a fornicator, but there is something wrong for a Christian to practice such behavior.

Sym #4 response
We are all children of God and no matter what guise we are hiding under, we all have to answer to Christ for our sins. God punishes the just as well as the unjust. There is something wrong for an Omega to be a fornicator. The difference is that GLOs do not condemn each other for ones downfalls and it seemed that we “Christians” are God and we can pass judgment against others. “For we all have sinned and fell short of the Glory of God.” There are many fornicators and liars and thieves and killers in the pulpit. The difference is that they don’t have an organization to associate with. We give them the sole blame for their actions. When GLOs commit crimes against God, they are looked at as a group acceptance of that behavior.

Min. H #4 final response
We become the children of God by our profession of faith in Jesus Christ, not by simply being born. GLO’s can’t condemn what its membership practices and condones that would be hypocritical. They do have an organization to deal with, the Body of Christ. They get sole blame, then why are you using the word church or Christians in your other responses. And if you are truly honest, you know that people lump the whole church in with any indiscretion. Now you said there is something wrong for an Omega to be a fornicator! WHO’S JUDGING NOW????????? The whole organization should be blamed, because it initiates sinners committing a myriad of sins. By condoning such behavior the organization is to be blamed, especially one that claims to be founded upon Christian Principles. You use these words such as pass judgment and condemn, but you make it very clear that many scriptures in the New Testament are beyond your capacity to discern.

Sym #5
Being of African descent, you do realize that Christianity was forced on our ancestors.
Our bible states that killing is a sin, but history shows how many Christians killed in the name of God. I could go on if need be...(I have a B.S. in History)
So I ask you, does these statements prove that Christianity is wrong? Does the actions of some ignorant people suggest that the belief in Christ allows for the inslavery of your fellow man, forcing him to change his beliefs. Well I think not!

Min. H #5 response
Have you ever heard of the Ethiopian Eunuch? Christianity has existed is Africa since the First Century Anno Domini.

God can never be held accountable for the SINFUL aspects of man. Why? Because it is not a part of His Nature. JESUS NEVER CONDONES SIN!!!!!!!!!!! But Greek Organizations do, and it is even more hypocritical that hazing existed for decades as a normal practice. Blacks enslaving blacks. I guess we know how to enslave our people better than whites.

Sym #5 response
You are right…God can not be held accountable for our actions, so why do we hold these ideals (GLOs) responsible for the sinful nature of men. We as sinners have changed these ideals in order to fit our fleshly wants. And how do you think we came to this country. The white man didn’t steal us. We were sold by African kings. And the majority of the blacks that were sold, were already slaves to other Africans.
Do you honestly compare a few weeks of pledging to the lifetime of enslavement? Pledging is also a choice, while slavery wasn’t.

Min. H #5 final response
Many hold GLO’s responsible for promoting principles that are responsible for condoning the sinful man’s behavior. GLO’s become a safe haven for the sinner to abide, and you have proven that with your attitude. You are truly unequally yoked with unbelievers willing to judge them behind your computer screen.
Yes I compare 13, not a few, to a lifetime of enslavement and the answer is in your next question. Voluntary Brutality by one’s own race may appear in the black fool’s heart to be wise, but in the wise, godly person’s heart it is total stupidity.

Sym #6
This is what you have done with our organizations. You have mix-construed what was intended for good. Their are many things wrong with GLOs but being against the beliefs in God is incorrect. You make claims that GLO members shouldnt pledge allegiance to their org but this is done in almost any org present today. As a lawyer or a doctor, you pledge and oath to the welfare of the people you serve and to the group of respected professional you associate with. This is also true with police officers, public officials, etc.
There is much more I can say but I will end here.

Min. H #6 response
Secret Societies are not publicly served offices. Apples and Oranges!!!!
Sym #6 response
Your right, but the bible states that you swear allegiance to no one. It’s for this reason that many of the older Pastors/Reverends did not recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Also, in these publicly served offices do they not have secrets? Are they not sworn to silence concerning certain events? In my current government position, I took an oath of silence regarding certain info.

Min. H #6 final response
You swore allegiance to her (omegas) cause. If the government is withholding anything from the public that will hurt us, it needs to be exposed, just as GLO’s secrets, not all, need to be exposed for spiritual purposes. THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SELLING PEPSI’S RECIPE AND DIVULGING FRATERNITY SECRETS. How much does your fraternity pay you yearly? You wanted to get paid, and you knew the terms. As I said, secret societies and government held positions are apples and oranges. Now if you deny your allegiance to Omega, WHICH YOU DID BY PLEDGING, then you are useless to them and you know it, which is why you will hold fast to your fault and continue in Omega.

Sym #7
As I previously stated, I agree with some points about GLOs but I think you need to reevaluate what you doing. You are helping to depreciate the value of one of the few POSITIVE ideals that blacks have today.

Min. H #7 response
If you have a degree in history, then tell me what you think of Langston Hughes, James Weldon Johnson, Mary McLeod Bethune, Sarah Weddington, Thurgood Marshall, Harry Blackmun, etc.

Sym #7 response
What about them? Their contributions to African Americans…?

Min. H #7 response
This is what angers me so much about people, especially blacks. They do know research. I also blame schools, especially the government run schools, with their bought and paid for teachers. All he had to do was a little research. Our black national anthem, “Lift Every Voice” written by an AGNOSTIC, James Weldon Johnson (Phi Beta Sigma). Langston Hughes (Omega Psi Phi), wrote a poem called, “Goodbye Christ”. The other 4 all greeks, 2 white and 2 black, can be charged with the most heinous crime of all time, ABORTION. Now I doubt Sym knew two of these people were white, he just sees names and knows only what he was taught about the black figures.

Sym #8

Many of my peers went to school just because of GLOs and have become successful contributors to society and to Christianity. I pray for you that God gives you guidance in you endeavors.

P.S. I hope that this wasn't a result of you having a bad experience in Omega(i.e. You got wrecked)!

Min. H #8 response
This is the typical reason that people want to lay upon those who denounce. The problem is that people cannot believe there could be any other reason. But check this out; why is it that if GLO's are so great, people can't join them all? What is with this foolish notion? It is plain old elitism and exclusion, under the disguise of what's SUPPOSED to be in someone's heart. People get in GLO's and just believe that their organization has enough to offer for an individual. I will tell you the real reason behind the no dual membership clause; FEAR.

Sym #8 response
No one faults you for denouncing your letters. The Lord convicts people in different ways and maybe your letters were your stronghold against the will of God. That says nothing against your letters. If a man was placing his car ahead of God and God convicts his spirit, and that man got rid of his car, does that mean the car is evil?
Why cant people join them all?...Thats simple: Although we share common beliefs, we differ in many ways. Isnt this same in Christianity. Why is there a Baptist faith, Pentecostal faith, and an Apostolic faith? Does this mean that any one is wrong…? Or does this simply show the differences in opinions and beliefs regarding the same God & using the same bible. I guess this is elitism and exclusion under the guise of what was meant to include all people. People join these organization because they feel like after all the hazing and pledging, there is a brotherhood and friendship that couldn’t be found elsewhere. Its obvious that church people are opening their arms like in the past due to this website. Back in the good ole days, you could go to church full of alcohol and people didn’t shun you away. By the time you left service you were filled with the Holy Spirit. So if you really feel like these GLOs are so much against Christianity, why don’t you pray for these individuals and teach the new members that join these organization what is right/wrong; Instead of telling them that they are apart of an anti-Christ organization. This only causes more separation where there should be unity!

Min. H #8 final response
The letters in and of themselves represent HUMANISM. WY fraternity was originally WY, which stood for Ophelema Philia Psukis meaning, FRIENDSHIP IS ESSENTIAL TO THE SOUL, and is their current public motto. The friendship of Omega and as defined by Omega is nowhere close to being essential to the soul. If the soul of a man dies with this motto, he is in trouble. It is a humanistic phrase that basically says what Invictus says, “I AM THE CAPTAIN OF MY SOUL”. There is no mention of Jesus being a part of this friendship in its proper context.

John 15: 13-15
13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
This is the basis of their friendship teaching, which comes from the same teaching of the 32nd Degree of Feemasonry. Ernest Everett Just and Bishop Edgar Amos Love, founders of Omega Psi Phi, was also 32nd Degree Mason. But it is never said that one must be saved to fulfill these conditions of friendship. He probably does not even know about this. The only part of these scriptures that are in the ritual is the second part of verse 13. The whole dialogue on friendship is actually a teaching on the covenant made between you and the members, saved and unsaved. IT IS ACTUALLY A CRAFTY DIALOGUE OF YOKING SINNERS AND SAINTS TOGETHER AS ONE. IT USES SWEET WORDS, BIBLICAL TRUTH MIXED WITH NOBLE, YET DEVILISH PRECEPTS. It discusses human friendships in the form of salient FLATTERY. It discusses the importance of physical salvation, NOT SPIRUTUAL. Being a martyr for your friend does you no good if you are not saved. These are things Sym would never tell you.