Return to Website

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum

This is the forum area where you can discuss topics related to the Biblical exposure of Greek organizations. All posts are reviewed; if they are offensive they'll be deleted. 

Any copyrighted material contained herein is for: criticism, comments, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. All used in accordance with the Fair Use Exception 17 USC 107. 

GLO's Exposed Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An AKA and I debate- Parts 1, 2, and 3

Part 1
Ashley
I find it so disheartening that people make it their goal in life to tear down organizations that have held a strong place enhancing the lives of African-Americans throughout history. A past post in regards to AKA discussed the life of that of Soror Faye Wattleton, the youngest African-American President ever elected in Planned Parenthood's history. All that Minister Hatchett seems to harp on that abortion is all she stood for, when Planned Parenthood does things besides condone abortion, they also teach classes in sex education, disease prevention, family planning and child-rearing. Hatchett seems to fail to mention that not only is my Soror an educated woman, she enrolled as a freshman at Ohio State at the age of 16, she also has an MS in Maternal and Infant Care as well as THIRTEEN honorary doctoral degrees. If this woman, the child of a minister, is a representation of the "sins" of Alpha Kappa Alpha, it seems that the definition of that word may need to be examined. I have read this site enough to know that Hatchett asks people whether they are saved, if they are paper or not, if they would tell the inner most secrets of their organization on the web. However, I do not understand what any of this has to do with the fact that this man is accusing members of not being individuals, of putting themselves before God or Jesus Christ, and in turn, being sinners. I do not believe in idolatry, I do not believe in paganism. That is what is most important. I believe in things like honesty, truth, selflessness, decency, honoring yourself and others including family and friends, as well as community service, scholarship and sisterhood. I find it strange that looking through this site, the Alphas, Sigmas, Omegas and Deltas are all given their little pages, but yet no words are spoken of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sigma Gamma Rho, Iota Phi Theta, Kappa Alpha Psi or even Zeta Phi Beta, EXCEPT when someone has 'renounced' their letters according to Mr. Hatchett's standards and told them the innermost workings of their organization. That sounds like a form of idolatry to me, to that of Mr. Hatchett and his cause of "bringing down GLOs". Isnt that a sin as well. Feel free to email me more of the 'sins' listed, and why I should renounce the legacy that IS Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated!

Part 2- I breakdown the initial post into sections, as I will all the others.

Ashley
I find it so disheartening that people make it their goal in life to tear down organizations that have held a strong place enhancing the lives of African-Americans throughout history.

Min. H
If this were only true, then I would agree. Enough time and honest study would render this statement factually false.

Ashley
A past post in regards to AKA discussed the life of that of Soror Faye Wattleton, the youngest African-American President ever elected in Planned Parenthood's history. All that Minister Hatchett seems to harp on that abortion is all she stood for, when Planned Parenthood does things besides condone abortion, they also teach classes in sex education, disease prevention, family planning and child-rearing.

Min. H
I suggest you do a deeper study of PPFA. You will find a Past National President of AKA convincing blacks to practice population control. SEX EDUCATION! DO YOU MEAN CONDONEMENT OF FORNICATION?

Ashley
Hatchett seems to fail to mention that not only is my Soror an educated woman, she enrolled as a freshman at Ohio State at the age of 16, she also has an MS in Maternal and Infant Care as well as THIRTEEN honorary doctoral degrees.

Min. H
All that education and all of those dead babies under her watch. How smart is that to have all those degrees and MURDER THE BABIES BEFORE THEY ARE BORN. What good is her degree in maternal and infant care when a woman is having a baby all cut up and sucked out of her ALIVE,

Ashley
If this woman, the child of a minister, is a representation of the "sins" of Alpha Kappa Alpha, it seems that the definition of that word may need to be examined.

Min. H
Sins or Alpha Kappa Alpha? I know what you mean, so let me explain. If AKA wants to proclaim the banner of Christian Principles and HIGH MORAL and ETHICAL STANDARDS, without any accountability as an organizations, or its members is ludicrous. If AKA does not want to hold Ms. Wattleton accountable for killing unborn children, but rather laud her for her accomplishments, then AKA needs to cease and desist its with its anti-hazing policy. There is a huge difference between moral and legal accountability. Is the organization totally separate from its members actions? No!

Ashley
I have read this site enough to know that Hatchett asks people whether they are saved, if they are paper or not, if they would tell the inner most secrets of their organization on the web. However, I do not understand what any of this has to do with the fact that this man is accusing members of not being individuals, of putting themselves before God or Jesus Christ, and in turn, being sinners.

Min. H
I have my reasons for asking these questions. It determines the way I respond. Can you provide proof where I called someone a sinner, or is this your own evaluation?

Ashley,
I do not believe in idolatry, I do not believe in paganism. That is what is most important. I believe in things like honesty, truth, selflessness, decency, honoring yourself and others including family and friends, as well as community service, scholarship and sisterhood.

Min. H
Then why be an covenanted member of that in which you do not believe. The let's be honest

Ashley
I find it strange that looking through this site, the Alphas, Sigmas, Omegas and Deltas are all given their little pages, but yet no words are spoken of Alpha Kappa Alpha, Sigma Gamma Rho, Iota Phi Theta, Kappa Alpha Psi or even Zeta Phi Beta, EXCEPT when someone has 'renounced' their letters according to Mr. Hatchett's standards and told them the innermost workings of their organization. That sounds like a form of idolatry to me, to that of Mr. Hatchett and his cause of "bringing down GLOs". Isnt that a sin as well.

Min. H
I say to read the testimonies and see what they say. As for AKA's little page, I do not know what you mean. I will look and see. Idolatry? I would like to sasy that I do not get fanatical about people who choose not to denounce. But you won't see me throwing up a pinky, challenging people, saying that dontgogreek is a legacy, covering up killing its pledges, etc.

Ashley
Feel free to email me more of the 'sins' listed, and why I should renounce the legacy that IS Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated!

Min. H
A legacy is what you leave behind. 70% inactive membnership; now that's a legacy!!!!! As for sins that the organization condones; idolatry, secular humanism, relative morality, sexual immorality, immortality of the soul WITHOUT Jesus, fatherhood of God and the universal brotherhood of man, etc.

Part 3
Ashley
I wonder why it matters if I am paper or if I pledged, if I am saved or when. However, I did pledge in Fall of 2006. I have always had Christ in my heart, and unlike most "saved" people, did not need an epiphany to have Christ in my heart. I am a baptized Roman Catholic, and I have been taught in the ways of Christianity since birth. That, to me, is of more value than waking up one morning after years, months, weeks or days of ill activity and realizing that in order to escape "the eternal hellfire" become a "bible-thumping religious zealot". I have studied religion since infancy, and am an active member of my Catholic Church.

Min. H
I am also an Ex-Catholic. Now that was an immediate renunciation, and I could go from here to yesteryear, unto the distant future refuting Catholicism.

About pledging- That makes you an official illegal member of AKA. That is idolatry and the legacy of AKA and GLO's, but BGLO's specifically: ILLEGAL, DISRESPECTFUL, AND HYPOCRITICAL MEMBERS. So you can add this to your so-called, "legacy that IS Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated!"

Ashley
I find it a huge coincidence that you are an Ex-Omega, an Ex-Mason and now an Ex-Catholic. If you are so, what do Catholics feel about religious tolerance?

Min. H
The believe in an ecumenical church. They subscribe to religious tolerance that attempts to choke out true Christianity.

Ashley
How about the fact that knowing who God and Jesus are in your life is better than being a overzealous "bible-thumper" as you appear to be.

Min. H
Mental ascent and heart belief are two totally different things. What I appear to be and who I am are two totally different things. The Jews probably felt the same way about Stephen, and look what happened to Paul and Silas in Ephesus.

Ashley
I could go for a long time defending Catholicism, just as you can come up with reasons to justify your reasons for renouncing it.

Min. H
You have provided great info for the Exposing AKA part of my forum. The dialogue has been great.

Reasons don't trump the truth. You can defend anything, but defending it with good biblical apologetics is another.

As far as pledging- you are assuming that I was a part of hazing, where I did things and was a part of things that somehow made me less than of what I am, a productive, beautiful, intelligent and proud human being. That is simply not the case. There is nothing "illegal" about what I did, but nothing was handed to me on a piece of paper. So, I am not Illegal, Disrespectful or Hypocritical, and wish that you apologize to me for even addressing me as such. For a "minister' you surely seem to have a lot of angst towards BGLO's.

Min. H
I was an Ex Catholic before I was an Ex-Omega. I denounced the masonic order before I became a born again Christian.

So you simply went through the 3 day process?