General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How can i make this sentence correct?

I need help making this sentence grammatically correct. I am writing a college admission essay and am not sure how to correctly structure this sentence. Please help reform this sentence to look proper.

Here it is:
University of Illinois has one of the best researches in meteorology, as one day I want to conduct research on clouds and radiation or Arctic Meteorology and climate.

Im trying to say that because the university has one of the best researches in the subject of meteorology, this benefits me because i want to conduct research in these topics as well.

Re: How can i make this sentence correct?

I recommend writing this in two sentences (it's not a crime). One suggestion might be:

I am particularly attracted to the University of Illinois' renown Meteorology Department. In the longer term, my intent is to research clouds and radiation or Arctic meteorology and climate.

You may need to spin the first sentence a little to achieve the right context.

I am strongly motivated to conduct research-or to study clouds,Climate,Radiation and Arctic Metereology. University of Illinois is one of the best Educational Institution in the State of Illinois to conduct a Research in Meteorology!

Horse knows when he is going to race.