General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arrive to / arrive at?

I review reports on a daily basis. One "issue" I run into with employees is the consistent use of the following found often in reports: "This employee arrives on location to 123 Main Street."

It has always been explained to me that one would write: "This employee arrives on location at 123 Main Street."

The only time one would "arrive to" is if they arrived to DO SOMETHING. For example: "This employee arrives on location at 123 Main Street to assist loading the gentleman's groceries."

Am I correct in noting this error in the employees' reports (or do I have to eat crow?) Please help clear me up on this. Thanks!

Re: Arrive to / arrive at?

I believe you are correct.

Re: Arrive to / arrive at?

It has always been explained to me that one would write: "This employee arrives on location at 123 Main Street."

The only time one would "arrive to" is if they arrived to DO SOMETHING. For example: "This employee arrives on location at 123 Main Street to assist loading the gentleman's groceries."

I believe we only use 'on location' when referring to appointments concerning film, television and photography. It would suffice to say 'this employee arrives at 123 Main Street' in my humble opinion.

Regards