General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trying to avoid the dreaded AND/OR in Non Profit Mission Statement

I have to finish this nonprofit mission statement tonight and would appreciate any help that may be provided.

This is long enough already and I have shortened it as much as I can. Cutting anything else out really doesn't provide an accurate statement of mission. At least I don't think so.

In the Mission Statement below is the portion that reads "...who are mentally ill, and the victims of sexual assault; or addicts or alcoholics, or any combination of these issues. We provide educational grants......." This is the part I don't like and can't figure out how to word it so that it makes clear sense.

MISSION STATEMENT

"xyz is a nonprofit organization that is confident the the power of art provides a healing path for individuals who are mentally ill, and victims of sexual assault; or addicts or alcoholics, or any combination of these issues. We provide educational grants and scholarships for art school to these members of our society".

ANY help is welcome. Thank you.

Re: Trying to avoid the dreaded AND/OR in Non Profit Mission Statement

who are mentally ill, victims of sexual assault ,addicts, alcoholics, really any combination of these issues. We provide educational grants.we also provide scholarships for art school to these members of our society". Hope this helped but can you help me with my situation on direct objects?

xyz is a nonprofit organization that is confident the the power of art provides a healing path for individuals who are in particular or a combination of issues: mental illness, victims of sexual assault, addicts, also alcoholics.

xyz is a nonprofit organization that believes in the power of art to provide a healing path for individuals with mental illness, victims of sexual assault, addicts, and alcoholics.