General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
order of Adjective and noun

It's clear that adjective comes before the noun, but when there are more adjectives in the sentence, what's the order?

For example:
DIGITAL PRODUCT DEFINITION

DIGITAL PRODUCT(adjective) + DEFINITION(noun)

and this one...
Standard Technical Exchange Protocol

I don't know which are adjectives and nouns...

Thanks!!!

Re: order of Adjective and noun

These do not fall in the domain of normal English grammar that I could help you with.

Both are highly technical terms, used in specific industries. If other viewers wish to see below, they might agree that such terms are not meant for ordinary mortals.

For example:
"Digital Data Definition is electronic data (eg models with lots of information attached) developed by designers to describe the technical specification of an aerospace part."

So that "Digital Data Definition" is a highly specific technical term within the aerospace industry.

Similarly:
"Background: AFS received a grant from the DOE to better assess the long-term implications of information technology on the metalcasting industry. The objective of this study is to identify more efficient systems utilizing knowledge management, to increase integration within the supply chain, to capture tacit and explicit knowledge, and to improve metal casting quality and consistency.

Four topics were identified:

* casting standard technical exchange protocol;

* information technology capitalization;

* web-based solidification failure analysis diagnostic tools;

* commercialization of academic process modeling knowledge."

Re: order of Adjective and noun

I wonder if it would help if we discussed the Royal Order of Adjectives, and a related issue, and see (hopefully) how it might apply to such technical jargon. (These technical people can be a law unto themselves!)

Let me know.