General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tests discriminate against American English speakers

Funny how your hot tip on Dependant/Dependent cites dependant as British and dependent as American as does the summary definition yet your test uses the British use of the words.
So I guess you must be American hating Islamo-Fascist terrorists probably ready to behead Americans. Watch out or Homeland Security will start investigating you.

Re: Tests discriminate against American English speakers

"...you must be American hating Islamo-Fascist terrorists probably ready to behead Americans. Watch out or Homeland Security will start investigating you."

I am not a Mulsim.
I AM a Grammar Nazi (YahooAnswers designation) but not a Fascist.
I am not a terrorist.
I wouldn't go so far as to advocate unleashing the scimitar or guillotine on the American public.

…but I confess, when you say, "...you must be American hating"(sic)***………..it is the emotion I am feeling more and more these days. And here, with this post by Mr. Speer, is part of the reason: they are a bunch of ignorant hotheads who go off half-cocked because a British website writes 'colour' instead of 'color'.………who have little respect for one another ……..politeness is found only an an un-thumbed page of Merriam - Webster ….whose normal conversation is predominantly a string of vulgarisms - move your ass, dumb ass, and take ya sh*t with ya.

***Forgive us, but here in Britain, we have this quaint foible of correct punctuation:

AMERICAN-HATING TERRORISTS