General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
client or patient

Would 'client' be classed as as so-called dehumanizing expression in a medical meaning?

Should 'patient' be used instead in, for example,' the nurse uses information as evidence of the client's problems'. Is there a straightforward answer to this?

Anthony

Re: client or patient

As more and more companies promulgateknowledge of their business models down to the workforce, this kind of parlance is becoming more common.

Without full context, it may will be that client is the correct word. However, if we're talking about someone in the nurse's care (i.e. a patient), then - not surprisingly - 'patient' would be the most appropriate word.

I agree with you, 'client' grates on the ear. It's even worse than 'customer'. Let patients be patients. It won't affect business efficiency.

Re: Re: client or patient

This time with less typos:

As more and more companies promulgate knowledge of their business models down to the workforce, this kind of parlance is becoming more common.

Without full context, it may well be that client is the correct word. However, if we're talking about someone in the nurse's care (i.e. a patient), then - not surprisingly - 'patient' would be the most appropriate word.

I agree with you, 'client' grates on the ear. It's even worse than 'customer'. Let patients be patients. It won't affect business efficiency

Re: Re: Re: client or patient

Surely it's 'fewer typos'???