Return to Website

SIMulation FORUM

Welcome! This is where you can post messages, comments, or basic questions from the SIMS game. You will NOT get a response from us, but from other people in the sims community who share your view, or know your answers to your questions.

SIMulation FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
About the .zip files>

Is it alright to delete the zip fils once you've extracted the items into the right folders?

-Steph

How did you get here? TheSims.com

Re: About the .zip files>

Hey, it's me again. My last question still stands for any helpful soul who is bored enough to reply.

Today, I have descovered a new problem. The objects, skins and pretty much everything I've downloaded refuses to appear in the game.

Here's exactly what I did. For the objects, I downloaded the .zip files from this site, and extracted them into the "Downloads" folder under the Sims. For the skins, mostly heads, I remembered to download the mesh and I extracted both into the proper folder (Gamedata/Skins).

It feels like I've missed a step, though I don't see it in the instructions. Am I not reading closely enough?

Thankyou for any help

How did you get here? TheSims.com

Re: About the .zip files>

That's correct. You put them in them in the skins folders when you're done extracting them* Now if you were to download objects such as lamps or tables, you would put them in your objects folder. You put your walls in your walls folder and your floors in your floor folder. You have other folders for your roofs as well as a few other things. Hope I helped you out there. I'm not sure as to whether or not you can't delete the files after they're extracted, I would imagine so since you had pasted them into seperate folders...

- Barbara

How did you get here? From 7 Deadly Sims??