Return to Website

SIMulation FORUM

Welcome! This is where you can post messages, comments, or basic questions from the SIMS game. You will NOT get a response from us, but from other people in the sims community who share your view, or know your answers to your questions.

SIMulation FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey, Dave, Remember me?

Tis I, the old Greg person, the creator of the program that would have revolutionized gaming of the sims forever...

IF MY COMPUTER HADN'T CRASHED PERMANENTELY AND HAD BEEN NEEDED TO REBOOT COMPLETELY!!!

I have backup CDs, don't worry...or maybe you all should, because I can't find them and I think I left them in a Popeye's...

J/k.

I dunno where the CDs are, but I hope to find them soon...

How did you get here? Been here for a loooooong time....found site on 7DS

Re: Hey, Dave, Remember me?

Hi,

You sound familar to me. I think Dave remembers you, I will have to ask him. If you do want to contact him and talk to him, you best bet would be to e-mail us at the site's e-mail. Dave never checks the forum so if you e-mail him I would then give him your e-mail and he would respond to you.

What kind of stuff did you do the revolutionize the sims? Are you planning to do it for the Sims 2 also? That is too bad that you system crashed, I have had that before and it gets incredibly fustrating. What is more fustrating is losing information that is important. I hope you find those disks soon.

Thanks for the message. Talk to you later.

~Lin

Ah, right, should've thought to use the email...this is what happens when I get no sleep. And I was going to revolutionize the sims object creating-wise by creating this extremely powerful program that was extremely flexible with object creation, and was extremely simple, did not require IFF coding, etc...all it took was the ability to click icons. Using a point to point style for the framing, you could draw up the object's frame with ease, then using an alternative color painter and texturizer built into the program, you could easily add anything onto the object. It could create anything. Interaction enablers, things like animations for it, like opening or closing a fridge for example, lifting weights etc...all it would take, for the most complex object, would be about 10 minutes maximum...

Sighs...

But its all lost...I can't find the CD...

How did you get here? ...

That is too bad that the program is lost, it would have been a useful tool for sim object creators.

For now Dave uses 3d Studio Max to create his objects. He makes the majority of them from scratch by creating a 3d mesh and then cloning the object from an existing object in the sims. He creates Alphas in 3D studio Max also. We use Adobe photoshop for the creations of the z-buffers. If there is something that could be created to make z-buffers easily that would be a wonderful program. Z-buffers suck. For now we have to do it the hard way, until the Sim 2 comes out. Then Dave will use Maya and 3D Studio Max to create the objects. I'm not sure what other program they will bring out for uses to create objects for the new Sims game but we heard that you can create object for it.