Return to Website

SIMulation FORUM

Welcome! This is where you can post messages, comments, or basic questions from the SIMS game. You will NOT get a response from us, but from other people in the sims community who share your view, or know your answers to your questions.

SIMulation FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Troubleshooting with the Sims

Hi, I keep hearing about all these problems with the Sims there are, etc. etc. etc. Anyway, I just had the original The Sims for awhile, and played it for a bit. I recently obtained the following expansion packs: House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, and Superstar. I installed them in that order as well.

I am having major problems though. I can get into the game, build a house, but I can't move my people. When I move them into a house, they just sit on the front lawn where they first appear at, and do nothing. I even have free will selected, but they still just stand there, even if it's quite obvious they need to use the toilet or eat. They still just stand there and do nothing. I will click on an empty space for them to move in, and it will make that "bump" noise that it makes when you can't move them there. I click on them, and it says "No actions available." I also click on objects, and it says the same thing. I can't do anything! T_T I've searched all over, and can't seem to find anything mentioning this problem. If it helps for more info., I use Windows XP. (I know that it has its issues as well.... ) If there is anyone out there who can help me, or at least point me in the right direction, I'd GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks.

Marybeth

How did you get here? 7 Deadly Sims

Re: Troubleshooting with the Sims

I would uninstall the expansion packs and instead of having all of them installed, I would try to install only one expansion pack first. Like for example you have "The Sims" intalled, and then install "The Sims: Hot Date". They try to play and see if the same thing happens. If not, then install another expansion pack. Slowly keep adding them. Possibly your system might not be able to handle all the packs and that might be a reason why the game isn't working properly.

Also check to see if your sims games are compatable with Windows XP. If you have further problems contact Maxis and tell them about your situation. Their webiste is www.thesims.com. Hope that helps and good luck with installing the games.

Hope that helps

How did you get here? Tis my own site :)

I've had a number of problems with Superstar and have trawled the official sims site for anyone who has the same problem or any help on it.
As soon as I send any of my sims down to Studio Town, the thing crashes and goes back to the desktop. Someone else said Makin' Magic cured this but I've installed Makin' Magic and it's still doing it. Can anyone help?! We've disabled all of the firewalls and all of the background tasks, put down the graphics (which only caused it to lurch when I moved the screen) and it's still going back to the desktop! I'm a bit peed off to say the least, as Studio Town is the whole point of buying Superstar![Irked[Mad]

How did you get here? link from 7 deadly sims

Okay, I've been playing the sims for a long time now, but just recently I added a new house. I cheated with the "move_objects on" cheat, and deleted my sim, and I cheated to get money. Now the game refuses to save my houses and pops up with "there was an error saving the house". I've cheated like this in previous installations, and I've never had any trouble. I REALLY don't want to lose my progress, but the game is pointless now because everytime I quit, I can't save. How can I fix this??