Return to Website

SIMulation FORUM

Welcome! This is where you can post messages, comments, or basic questions from the SIMS game. You will NOT get a response from us, but from other people in the sims community who share your view, or know your answers to your questions.

SIMulation FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Sims running slow. Help!

I own House Party, Vacation, Unleashed and Superstar, and up until yesterday night they were all working perfectly. I know it is just the sims, because all of my other programs are going fast. I closed all programs, disabled my virus program and firewall, and disabled some other thing on my computer. I have XP, so I restarted and logged in on just one user, defragmented, ran disk clean up, ran a virus scan and two spyware detectors, quarantined then deleted all it came up with, deleted a few programs I don't use anymore, ran another spyware detector, and deleted a few shortcuts on my desktop. I don't have a clue what this could be with my sims, because it was working fine yesterday when I was playing it. I downloaded something from Simtuition that probably took up a lot of space, and I've tried deleting that, but I can't find it. I have 256 MB of RAM, if that helps, but does anyone know of a way I can fix this?

Re: The Sims running slow. Help!

The more things you download, the slower your game will take to boot up and if it's something that shouldn't be in there, it will cause it to lag or crash. You'll have to find the programs you downloaded and delete them to get your game running faster again.