Return to Website

SIMulation FORUM

Welcome! This is where you can post messages, comments, or basic questions from the SIMS game. You will NOT get a response from us, but from other people in the sims community who share your view, or know your answers to your questions.

SIMulation FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grrr, This Site...

I am getting fed up with this site. I love the downloads they already have and all but they promised us new updates since Christmas!! The Cherry Dinning Set was supposed to be up then. I check back amost everyday or every second day to see if there are updates, but all there is are: Vote or us or Happy Canada day, or Happy birthday! I'm sorry but, i wont vote for you until I see some updated.

I know I sound rude, thats not my intention , I'm just wondering does anyone else feel this way?

Re: Grrr, This Site...

ya i feel the same this site would suck if it werent for the car downloads

Re: Re: Grrr, This Site...

Hi to whom this may concern,

Yes, you do sound rude, even though it isn't your intention. I'll give you a little bit of history of what has happened and what is happening since you might be out of the loop.

Ang left the site, and she was the main transmogrifier, alpha and z-buffer creator. She left because she maintained a full time job and was becoming frustrated at the many rude e-mails she received. Ang just posted the set even before it was finished just to give people a look at was going on because everyone kept asking. Then she received her job and then she left the site because of the dedication she had to put into her job. So it was thrown into the lap of Dave to finish the set, but since it was Ang's job to finish it, he didn't know where to go from there.

Dave then was about to give up on the site and close it down, but I told him not to, and I would help him by maintaining e-mails. Dave is an expert on making objects, but doesn't know how to transmogrify. I do not know how to do either of those things, so my only contribution to the site is the e-mails, and the various updates on what is happening. I am trying to update at least with something, because people were ing that they wanted to see anything. But I guess that that isn't appreciated at all, so I might as well have just left everyone in the dark.

This year was quite a tough year and I am really getting aggravated that people are not understanding that and all they want is "their objects". It is a very selfish thing for people to demand "their objects" and it is getting us to delay the set (not intentionally) because we sometime just feel like not doing it for the sheer fact as it feels like a task and it is not fun because of those negative e-mails and posts. Negative doesn't bring you up, it gets you down, and that is how we are feeling about the site right now.

Currently (though working full time) I am taking a crash course in doing what Ang did for the site (I am learning it on my own, thanks to the Seven Deadly Sims tutorial and to Matt), and we have added the help from some transmogrifiers who can help us get the set done faster (I am not sure if you remember but we did have a job posting on our site about people joining...I assume you didn't apply). I am currently doing the Alphas for the Cherry dining room Set and Matt and re-fixing our objects that are on the site now, so they won't go though walls and such. But I don't know if it will be worth it all, I still think we will get yelled at and people will not like any of the new stuff Dave has created (though his skills have sharpened significantly since the first objects). So I don't know, we are in limbo whether or not to shut down this site because of the negative we are receiving as of lately. We wanted to continue this as a fun site for people to have fun, and so far that intention is being crushed. So please have some courtesy and let us work on our objects and don’t slander us. Thank you.

~Lin

Re: Re: Re: Grrr, This Site...

Re: Re: Re: Grrr, This Site...

I just wanted to thank you for all of your wonderful objects. We all understand that you're not getting paid for creating them, and I know that I really do appreciate your site and the wonderful things that I've been able to add to my game because of you all. Please don't shut the site down. I am waiting patiently for your next objects to come out. It will be worth the wait I'm sure. Keep up the good work, and don't listen to those that are rude and have nothing nice to say. Unfortunately I have no experience making objects so I am of no help to you, but I do appreciate what all of you do.

Waiting patiently,
Lisa

Re: Re: Re: Re: Grrr, This Site...

Lisa, You are so sweet Thank you so much for the encouraging words. We will keep the site up for all our fans. It gets discouraging, but we have been going though some hard times trying to finish the objects and finding some help by searching high and low for some object creators and transmogrifiers. That is ok if you cannot help us with our objects, you are already helping us a lot by being supportive. Thank you again for yoru kind words and we will update soon.

~Lin

How did you get here? It's my own

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Grrr, This Site...

hi

Re: Grrr, This Site...

Hello. My girlfriend is really really into this game (Sims), and I've been downloading everything I can for her benefit. I'm a computer programmer and artist, and will soon be getting into object creation, transmogrification, etc, so I can make custom objects for my girlfiend's Sims world. When I learn these things, I would be happy to help you with new objects. At the moment I'm looking for tutorials. I'm a very fast learner with a programming background, and relentless in my persuit of knowledge, so chances are it will not be long

Anyway, the reason I'm relating all this: please don't shut down the site. If you do, I will not be able to help in the future. It's a great site with a lot to offer. Unfortunately the least intelligent of us are often the loudest, so pay no attention to the rude, the impatient, or the intollerant. You've got more fans than not, and all who use this site should appreciate the hard work you put into it. Those who act like spoiled children can kindly go elsewhere, or refrain from speaking unless spoken to.

Your tollerance is astounding, and appreciated.

How did you get here? sheer luck and Google.