Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Haircuts in Vietnam

Tom: Did he also shave your forehead? I remember the first time I got a haircut in 'Nam and the barber did that. I remember thinking "We must look incredibly hairy to these people."

Tom,

Your story brought back memories of my times at Mary Lou. I don't mind telling you that I didn't care much for haircuts and it was always an issue with my higher, highers. I thought military haircuts sucked (white sidewalls). I think the same guy cut my hair. It seemed to me it cost 35 cents but I gave him 50 cents after the razorcut all over my face and the customary kneck break.

Also, I might mention, as Maddoc said, the razor cut all over the face was weird. I, also, had a little reservation about a Vietnamese using a razor on me in view of stories you'd hear about VC being the local barber during the day.

John R...

Doc, I can't remember about the forehead, but like John I was kind of wondering about the Vietnamese putting a razor to my neck. I mean if we had to worry about little kids with Coca Cola.

Tom I can't ever remember having a regular barber give us hair cuts, but I do remember my first hair cut from my Lt. from Guam, when he was done I came out looking like a Montagnard back in 69

Tom, I don't remember ever getting a hair cut, but then again I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning.

I remember getting a haircut back in the rear. I always said "No shave" and "no lining" I kept a loaded
.45 cal underneath the sheet as I watched Him in the mirror. It was sometime in 1970 He and one of the KP's
from the messhall was found dead in the wire with "satchel charges" and a map of the compound.
Spotted by night vision devices. I made sure I did't
trust Them. Still most of Them was still Your enemy.