Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bush visit to Iraq.

I also agree with JohnRs post.

So Duane, Can you back up any of your silly accusations you have been making, or are you going to just continue to MAKE UP LIES and Fairy Tales and post them with no proof and then continue to Hide behind your, "My Freedom of Speech", Statement??

I ask the same question:
Are you going to "back up" your statements or not?

john r in front of me i have two pages of the One's record on the 2nd ammendment . He wants to deny the american people the right of self defense. These facts come from the NRA. Now i know that in your world as in the Ones world. Americans have no right to defend themselves against terrorosm. It is not politically correct. Now if he destests the 2nd ammendment in real life why would he not destest the ist ammendment the third ammendment and every thing else American.

Just a little from Factcheck.org
On NRA..
====================

A National Rifle Association advertising campaign distorts Obama's position on gun control beyond recognition.

The NRA is circulating printed material and running TV ads making unsubstantiated claims that Obama plans to ban use of firearms for home defense, ban possession and manufacture of handguns, close 90 percent of gun shops and ban hunting ammunition.

Much of what the NRA passes off as Obama's "10 Point Plan to 'Change' the Second Amendment" is actually contrary to what he has said throughout his campaign: that he "respects the constitutional rights of Americans to bear arms" and "will protect the rights of hunters and other law-abiding Americans to purchase, own, transport, and use guns."

The NRA, however, simply dismisses Obama's stated position as "rhetoric" and substitutes its own interpretation of his record as a secret "plan." Said an NRA spokesman: "We believe our facts."

Perhaps so, but believing something doesn't make it so. And we find the NRA has cherry-picked, twisted and misrepresented Obama's record to come up with a bogus "plan."

===============

BTW---In keeping with the subject of the first post on this thread, don't you think that we should be talking about the "Banning of Shoes?"

Drano. My point was that Obama went to Berlin and was cheered. And Bush went to Iraq and had shoes thrown at him. Hail to the Chief.

> December 14, 2008
> Yankees Sign Iraqi Hurler
> Shoe-throwing Right-hander Impresses Scouts
>
>
>
>
>
> In their latest bid to beef up their pitching rotation for the 2009 season, the New York Yankees today signed Iraqi journalist Muntadar al-Zeidi to a three-year deal worth $32 million.
> The right-handed al-Zeidi, 28, impressed the Yankee scouts with his performance in Baghdad yesterday when he threw both of his shoes at President George W. Bush.
> While neither of the shoes hit their target, both throws "had great velocity and good movement," said Yankee owner Hank Steinbrenner.
> "The first shoe was high and outside but the second one was right down the middle," Mr. Steinbrenner said.
> The Yankee boss said that he was also impressed with Mr. al-Zeidi's fighting spirit when Secret Service agents tackled him.
> "That could come in handy when we have a series with Boston ," he said.
>