Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
just a note to end the new year.

500,000,000 PROBLEMS FOR MADAME SECRETARY
By DICK MORRIS & EILEEN MCGANN
Published in the New York Post on December 19, 2008

Now that Bill Clinton has released the list of his 205,000 donors who have given close to $500 million to his library and foundation, it is clear why he resisted releasing the list while his wife was running for president.

Now, compelled by the Obama transition team to make it public as a condition of his wife's appointment as secretary of state, it becomes clear that the list is a virtual encyclopedia of conflicts of interest for the husband of a senator - to say nothing of the husband of an incoming secretary of state.

Particularly troubling are the massive donations from Arab governments in the Middle East. Pardon us for looking such generous gift horses in the mouth, but it is hard to imagine so many governments, monarchs and businessmen in the Middle East giving money unless it was with some hope of a political return. Will that return now come with the appointment of Sen. Clinton as secretary of state?

How can Hillary Rodham Clinton mediate and negotiate conflicts in the Middle East impartially when her husband's library and foundation - over which he has total control - have been bankrolled by the very nations with whom she must negotiate? The list reveals another key center of conflicts of interest in Kazakhstan, the former Soviet republic, now home to some of the world's greatest mineral deposits and ruled by a corrupt dictator, Nursultan Nazarbayev, who, according to The New York Times, has all but quashed political dissent.
Bill Clinton visited Kazakhstan and met with its president on Sept. 6, 2005, accompanied by Canadian mining financier Frank Giustra.

Soon after, Giustra was awarded a highly lucrative contract to mine uranium there. Now, lo and behold, Frank Giustra turns up having given the library and foundation between $10 million and $25 million and the Clinton Giustra Sustainable Growth Initiative of Canada gave $1 million to $5 million more.

And Clinton got $1 million to $5 million from Lakshmi Mittal, the fourth-wealthiest person on the Forbes billionaire list and a member of the Foreign Investment Council in Kazakhstan.

In addition, Clinton further fished in troubled waters by taking $1 million to $5 million from Victor Pinchuk, the son-in-law of the controversial former president of the Ukraine.

Given the complexities of US policy toward the former Soviet republics in Central Asia, it is hard to see how this massive and incestuous relationship cannot but complicate Hillary's independence.

One of the largest donors to the library and foundation was UNITAID, an international organization largely controlled by France, which donated more than $25 million. And the conflicts of interest are not all just foreign. Corporate bailout recipients and recipient wannabes donated to the Clinton fund. They include AIG, Lehman, Merrill, the Citi Foundation and General Motors.

And, almost as an afterthought, the list reveals a donation of at least $250,000 from Denise Rich, presumably in return for her ex-husband's presidential pardon.

How could a US senator possibly serve dispassionately while her husband was collecting money from these donors on this kind of scale? And how could we have almost elected a president without realizing these conflicts existed? And how on earth can a secretary of state function with these conflicts hanging over her head?

but with a wish of that Peace can abound for all of hunanity.

Re: just a note to end the new year.

I didn't notice you saying anything back when the Bush family was doing business with the Bin-Ladens.

Kind of particular about whose potentially questionable dealings you choose to point out, huh?

AAAHHH but jack

i thought this would draw you out of the wood work.

Hope not at all who is really in office.

You see it just goe's to show ya that they are just a bunch crook's with no insite at all of what the American people think.

But you failed to mention the last sentance.

And that is also for you to.

Draw me out of the woodwork? You have an interesting turn of phrase. Actually, I just got back to my house - and my computer - yesterday afternoon.

But it is interesting that you were posting in the hope of annoying me or some one else. You must have a lot of time on your hands.

To be honest, though, I wasn't annoyed - just amused. You remind me of the fellow in the bible who swallows the camel but strains at the gnat.

I didn't forget the last sentence - I just figured it was for show and that it was not all that seriously meant. How could it be when you start off with several paragraphs intended to anger or annoy part of that humanity?

I may have had alot of time on my hands.

been on vacation for the last two weeks.

but I must say you think to much.

lighten up,have a drink. and enjoy life.

Happy New Year to each of you and all others who stop by!! We get to cuss and discuss another year...Lord willing and the creek don't rise!! Gonna be a good year in politics, huh, JackB!! It is our turn!!

Big New Year Hug....

Joy

Jeffro, I expect that I enjoy life more than you can imagine. And I am having my New Year's drink right now.

And, believe it or not, you and yours have my very best wishes for the coming year and for all of those that follow.

JackB
just out of the back yard with good food sprits and some good o"l nam bro's an there better half's . with some good deer meat and hog(BBQ) the table was set for a good time was had by all.
Best one yet.

So i pass on to you as Joy stated it is your time.

2009 will tell the tell.

I can only hope for all is good in all the AO's

as it will be in your AO.