Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone Officially in Cambodia in 1970?

Ma'am!

Is mr Berry looking for info, units and contacts, only of the part of the battle, which was launched from II-Corps, or does he whish to retain same also regarding III-Corps and IV-Corps? If also regarding III-Corps, I can assist with further direct contacts.

Also, if you would add following to your e-mail to mr Berry:

Map "Cambodian Incursion" II-Corps and III-Corps:
http://www.history.army.mil/books/AMH-V2/AMH%20V2/map18b.jpg

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B

A.B.

I hope you had a glorious holiday! Maybe some skiing and sledding with the family.

I sent a copy of your response and a link to this site to Jerry. I really don't know the total scope. I kind of thought it was limited to the 4th Division but that was never explicit.

Thanks as always!

Del

DelW, Ma'am!

My apologies for the time past between your reply, and this post by me. Was down south last week, for among other things, the funeral of my father in law. This week has been work, both professionally, aswell as at home.

I have talked with mr Berry on and off periodicly, over a longer timeframe back in time. Been quite a while since last time though... Mr Berry served with the 3/506th Abn Inf, of the 101st Abn Div, when in Viet Nam. In contrast to the 1st and 2nd Bn's of the 506th Abn Inf Rgt, the 3rd Bn mostly served seperated from its sister-battalions, in Viet Nam. For a time, the 3rd Bn was down at "Phan Thiet"-area, which is by the coast.

I suspect that mr Berry is "only" interrested in regarding II-Corps as far as what he requested info about. I just asked you my initial question in my first reply, "incase" he perhaps was interrested in also III-Corps units aswell. I could of course have asked mr Berry myself, but thought that since you evidently already was in contact with him about this subject, it would be better to "channal" my question through you. As mr Berry is the webmaster of the 3/506th website, and also writes books, arranges yearly unit-reunions for the 3/506th, functions as a "bridge" between assns of the 3rd Bn and the rest of the Regiment, and so on and so on, I think he receives "enough" seperate e-mails as it is already about a multitude of matters/subjects. I hope you understand my way of thinking in this, by going through you with my question, instead of e-mailing mr Berry my question myself.

Mr Berry is indeed a very warm and kind person, and does a lot for his Brothers in the 3rd Bn's assn, aswell as for those whom are eiger to learn about the history of the 3/506th. (By the latter, see the books mr Berry has written and published). I am certain that a coomunication between you and mr Berry, is something you will find enjoyable, aswell as indeed very informative. Especially regarding timeperiods when ( = if? ) the 3/506th and the 4th ID may have worked in roughly same areas.

To view r Berrys website for the 3/506th assn, please see links as follows...

The 3/506th assn website -main + own internal forumpage:
http://www.currahee.org
http://b2.boards2go.com/boards/board.cgi?user=currahee

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B