Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Our guys call Brit troops 'scruffy', lol

Jeffro, thank you so much for thinking of me and for passing along the great letter from Homer! I sure would love to attend the reunion, but it's impossible this time around. Julie also greatly appreciates your thoughtfulness and she enjoyed the kiss,too-lol.
Time is flying by here, Julie and I only have about 48 days left until I have to return to the USA and apply for another visa. The UK is very strict about these kinds of things-but i think they take out their frustrations about the millions who sneak in or who overstay their visas on those of us who are trying to follow all their rules.
But this time I will be applying for a fiance visa and after some more red tape Julie and I can be married, finally!
Then I will be able to get a two-year extension on my visa without having to go back to the USA. Everyone we know is outraged that we have to jump through so many hoops when all we want to do is be together. Sigh and dfsdshitkmkeroirigeioriereri!

Many Brits feel that some foreigners who come here are getting a break that others aren't getting and recently that was proven when a study revealed that over a third of the Pakistanis who got a visa got it without having to prove a damn thing! And where is a terrorist more likely to come from-the US or Pakistan?!
But to be fair the UK isn't only worrying about terrorism, they also want to keep their jobs for their citizens (and for those who come here legally to work), and they want to keep their public funds/welfare costs down,too.
But I'm not looking for a job or public funds, I just want to be with Julie and our kids-and i think they're finally believing that, thank goodness. We'll see when we submit our next visa appllication anyway.

great news about your retirement, Jeffro! And give your honey a kiss from me-I have to go now, I've got some honey-do's, too.
Thank you again for keeping me posted and staying in touch-i know i don't make it easy and im sorry about that, my friend.

~bob & julie, too