Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The US Economy is doing GREAT

"NOT" Bush is AFRAID to say "RECESSION" while he is in office
========================================

Employers slash jobs by most in 5 years
February jobs data seen making recession more likely

WASHINGTON - Employers slashed jobs by 63,000 in February, the most in five years, the starkest sign yet the country is heading dangerously toward recession or is in one already.

The Labor Department’s report, released Friday, also showed that the nation’s unemployment rate dipped to 4.8 percent as hundreds of thousands of people — perhaps discouraged by their prospects — left the civilian labor force. The jobless rate was 4.9 percent in January.

Job losses were widespread, with hefty cuts coming from construction, manufacturing, retailing, financial services and a variety of professional and business services. Those losses swamped gains elsewhere including education and health care, leisure and hospitality, and the government.

The Labor report also showed that the job losses suffered in January were worse than the government first reported. Employers cut 22,000 jobs, versus 17,000

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23518599/

Re: The US Economy is doing GREAT

No doubt there are losses in the housing industry. Housing prices were way too high . People were borrowing far more money than they could have ever hoped to pay back. The bubble burst.
I have a friend in falconer N Y, she works in a factory making lights for the automotive industry they were laying people off . Now the company is rehiring those same people. From what she tells me several a week.
Out here in Montana a german company is establishing a factory in Butte to manufacture the towers and generators for wind energy. They expect to hire (at first 150 workers) perhaps later 600.
The economy goes in cycles like the weather.

No Duane, prices were only overinflated in some areas. Most of the bad housing market is due to several factors. One, preditory lending. That means that lenders loaned people money at higher interest rates than what they qualified for in some cases to make more money. Or they loaned them at an arm which meant that they didn't care that the interest payemtns would go up knowing that most people could not pay it. Most people who had arms were unaware that the interest rises as much as it does on an arm. Way above the federal rate.

People are making less money and it goes even less than it did before with higher gas prices, higher interest rates on mortgages, etc. Price of cars and rv's went up. Property taxes went up over many of the states, so many middle class people who were doing fine before were now struggling to pay their payments. Builders saturated the markets with far more houses than ther were demands for, causing property values to go down, combined with foreclosures in many areas which also drops your property values.

Schools were given budget cuts so they also cut into your taxes more. Employers were laying off far more people than they were hiring, while many major companies such as Walmart and Exxon received all time high profits for the quarters due to price increases and other factors (plus Exxon did not invest in fixing up their refineries but made more than ever). Meanwhile, those tax cuts we gave employers and the wealthy did not "trickle down" as promised. Instead, people got pink slips. More money was not invested in schools, or in child programs. We built more prisons though. Right now, according to the U.S. government, 1 in 9 is in jail or prison. That does not include those that were previously in jail or prison.

Today, I read on one of the wanted ads on an rv site, a military family was asking for someone to please sell them or donate a cheap rv to live in and make payments on because they were living in their car. I checked it out, and that person does exist in military personell on military.com through buddy finder in the city they said they were in. They said that they could not afford more than $400 a month because she has cancer and can not work, so he joined the military. I now work in the rv industry. I find it sad that a salesman like me can make $20,000 a month, and someone who is serving our country doesn't have a place to lay his head at night or shelter his wife and their kid.

yup ding great for all the CEO's of oil companies. Life is just great for them.

Actually the CEOs of the Mortgage Companies are up there also.

The Rich get richer and the current Administration has made sure of that.

bobbi if your making $20,000. a month in the R V industry that has to mean that there is a lot of profit in that industry why dont you cut your wages down to $10, ooo. a month and help that soldier.
I know you you wouldnt do that. So e- mail me his address and i will send him some money to help. Put it on this board so all these people here who are all well of can help him.