Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Iraq violence rises after months of relative calm

Rise in deaths casts doubt on easing of sectarian violence after U.S. surge

BAGHDAD - Violence appeared on the rise in Iraq after a day that saw at least 42 people die — numbers that cast in doubt the easing of sectarian deaths that followed a surge of U.S. forces to the country last year.

U.S. and Iraqi sources confirmed the grisliest attack of Tuesday when 16 passengers on a bus in southern Iraq were killed by a roadside bomb. The U.S. military initially claimed no one died in the attack, which was targeting a passing military convoy.

But U.S. military spokesman Maj. Gen. Kevin Bergner on Wednesday recanted that stance and said the attack was a roadside bomb aimed at a passing U.S. convoy. The bomb exploded as the convoy and bus passed in opposite directions.

At least 26 additional people were killed Tuesday in other violence around the country.

Other recent violence includes two massive bombs last Thursday that killed 68 people in Baghdad's Karradah neighborhood, and twin car bombings on March 3 that killed 24 people in the capital.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23591348/

Re: Iraq violence rises after months of relative calm

Remember the calm before the TET offensive

I always said the calm before the storm

Huh? What are you guys talking about. There was never any calm before the Tet offensive. The form, matter and substance of hostility in Iraq is not remotely close to the situation in Vietnam. The U.S. government's boondoggling of the situation is remarkably the same, however.

John R...

O K you guys John R Mike ivy jinx whats the answer? How would you correct this situation?
How would you deal with cold blooded murder?
Murders happen every day in this country. In Los angeles a young man was shot to death for no reason . Because he said no when he was asked if he was a gang member the stuident body President at the UNC wqs shot to death, likewise a young woman student at auburn university shot to death probably because she was blond and had a car. How do you deal with that?
Run and hide under the bed?
THeres a man from this county in iraq. Been there for more than a year helping the iraqis restart their poultry industry. I wont say his name because his family is at home in this county. And you can never be sure who is reading this blog and what somone may do who has hatred for anyone serving the United states in iraq.

Actually I don't have a dog in this fight. I wasn't in Nam in 68. So I didn't post to this thread. But my name came up in the form of some kind of question that,IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT.

Q--How Do you deal with Murder?
A-- I guess that is what a Police Officer and a Court of law are for.

Then again I guess if that doesn't work the old fashion way would work, I have two rolls of Duct tape, a sawed off Twin Gauge, a map of the Everglades in the Trunk of my car and Two very big Cuban family Members that take care of my light work, then, just let the Gators do the rest.

I hope this helped you in your Quest for Answers Duane.

BTW- I never had much use for Chicken farmers so I can't comment on that!

"Whisky for your men - Beer for the horses"

JohnR where you were there might not have been any calm before Tet. Where I was there was. Nothing for about 45 days then boom welocme Jan 31, 1968 3:10 a.m. in the morning.

Jinx what can you have against someone raising chickens to produce eggs and KfC dinners. Its a useful honest work provides a need in any country. Or dont you like honest work? Just going after handouts from the govt is that your thing.

Sorry Duane

As ALWAYS, your wrong again.

I owned my own construction company in So. Cal for a number of years. I probably put in more work and paid more taxes in one month than you have in your whole Sorry A$$ed Life. You see Duane, not all Disabled Veterans are on life support as your misguided mind wishes they are.

Most Anti-Vets like you all think the same. Not to mention Crying like little school girls all the time.

Jinxie I seem to be able to ask you questions you either wont or cant answer and can get you in a tirade. You never answered why you have something against someone raising chicked producing eggs. Why do you hate people working that way?

Duane

BTW- I never had much use for Chicken farmers so I can't comment on that!

Thought I answered it.

In any business I have ever been involved in I have never had much use for a Chicken farmer. After all I do come from the city with running water and all that sort of stuff and the population of Los Angeles is just a little more than 50.

I also will never dodge one of your questions although,I must say that very few make any sense at all.

Alright Jinx just how many of the people of Los Angeles could feed themselves? How many of them could have the water they need had they not stolen it from the northern California and Nevada earlier in the last century. How could that city survive without feedlots dairys wheat fields. Oh they could supply their need for cocaine and heroin and crack easily enough. Maybe thats all those people need?

Gee Duane

Your just full of questions. Maybe you should move to a real City. And find out for yourself.

First of all lets take food. Simple to me, Just go to the supermarket and buy it. Now water. So Cal does not steal water. They Buy It! That comes in the form of a water bill every month. Before I moved to FL My water bill was in the neighborhood of $750 dollars a month but I also own more than one home. In fact we had something called the California Aqueduct Runs from the north all the way south, a series of lakes are along it all with Trophy Bass in them. I worked on parts of it myself while it was in the construction phase around Lake Silverwood and made a Bundle that year.. Bought and paid for mainly with the Tax Dollars of the Good People of California. OR THOSE people as you refer to them as.

Also if you can read and you are capable of any conscious thought , I suggest that you look up the Gross product of California and you will find out that its much greater than many Countries, and Coke, Smack and H aren’t even taken into consideration. I think that you are rather confused on that fact and have THOSE PEOPLE mixed up with the AFGANS…

3/22/08

3 U.S. soldiers die in Iraq; toll nears 4,000

In a speech marking the fifth anniversary of the war, Bush acknowledged the "high cost in lives and treasure" but said a U.S. troop build-up in Iraq had reduced violence there and opened the door to a major victory in the war on terror.

Three U.S. soldiers were killed by a roadside bomb in Iraq on Saturday, pushing the U.S. death toll closer to the 4,000 mark in a bloody start to the sixth year of the war for U.S. troops.
=================================
Rest in Peace
------------------------------------
We all know that President Bush is out of touch with reality

Mike Ivy YOU think you know what the reality is . You dont know . If the United states loses the war on terror . Nonone in this country will be safe.
Tell me about ANY terror attacks on this country since sept 11 2001. No doubt you and the rest of the people here believe its because all of the terrorists are such nice loving wonderful people. It isnt its becasue they have been hounded by U S Soldiers in iraq and afghanistan. In afghanistan the leaders of al queda have missles delivered to them at rather frequent intervals.
One of the big reasons there have been no attacks in this country is because of the surveilence the U S has been able to keep on the terrorists.
That has come to a halt thanks to the democrats so it is very likely we will see one of our citys destroyed and tens of thousands of our people murdered as a result of the democrat party bowing to their friends Al queda.