Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Watch out! The Anti-Vets are at it again..

The Anti-Vets are at it again. You can express your disapproval by going to the following URL http://capwiz.com/usdr/issues/alert/?alertid=11114251&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

Write them or use the form letter. In our Veterans Action Group we use Email, Snail mail, fax. and also call to voice our Disapproval.

jinks

READ BELOW.
================================

VA DISABILITY COMPENSATION UPDATE 02:

The provisions of Senator Burr's America's Wounded Warrior Act (S 2674) and Representative Buyer's Nobel Warrior Act (HR 5509), would drastically change the disability compensation system for America's veterans. These bills are loosely based on the recommendations of the President's Commission on Care for America's Wounded Warriors (Dole/Shalala Commission), but the USDR believes the specifics of these bills would do great harm to these veterans in the following ways:

• Will offset VA Disability Compensation by Social Security when the veteran ages 65.
• Applicable to all currently discharging veterans AND any veteran under VA's current compensation system who files a subsequent claim for additional benefits.
• Once under the new system the veteran cannot return to the current system.
• The present protection for ratings in effect for 10 or more years would no longer apply.
• Would require the VA Secretary to examine or consider:
(a) The extent to which disability compensation may be used as an incentive to undergo treatment.
(b) The appropriate injuries to be covered under the new disability rating system.
(c) Age as a determining factor when considering average loss of earnings capacity
• Amends the law to provide the Secretary with authority to adopt and apply a rating schedule for specific injuries. This provision would expressly limit VA authority over the Rating Schedule and places the authority in the hands of Congress. If the Congress can not correct the Sustained Growth Rate formula of Medicare Law how can it be expected the Congress would do any better with the much more complex Disability Rating Schedule?
• Provides for a quality of life payment, but only for those enrolled in the new compensation system.
• Allows or suggests: That VA "may take into account the effect on potential future earnings caused by the age of the veteran at the time a disability rating is assigned." This provision would allow VA to compensate an older veteran at a lower percentage of disability than a younger veteran for the exact same disease or injury. Is this not age discrimination?
• Provides that
(a) As frequently as [the VA] considers it appropriate, [the VA] must reevaluate and ... adjust the disability rating for any veteran receiving compensation;
(b) The VA must ... take into account any adjustments in the rating schedule that occurred since the last assignment of a rating;
(c) The frequency of reevaluations would be determined by an examining physician. This places physicians back in the rating business, allows for frequent adjustments to a veteran's rating based on perceived improvement, and further allows reductions based on a change in the rating criteria even when no improvement in the disability is shown

For these reasons, USDR is encouraging veterans to contact their legislators and strongly urge them to oppose S2674/HR5509 and any other legislation which is detrimental to and/or discriminatory against this nation's veterans. To facilitate doing this they have prepared a letter available at

http://capwiz.com/usdr/issues/alert/?alertid=11114251&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id] which can be used as is or modified for forwarding to all legislators representing your zip code by the click of a button. [Source: USDR Action Alert 7 Mar 08 ++]

Re: Watch out! The Anti-Vets are at it again..

Yup, same old story. I want you to go where I tell you to go, fight who I tell you fight, if you get injured or suffer any effects from it, don't come to me even though I sent you there.