Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
President of Colorado VFW Post Charged With Stealing Veteran's Identity

President of Colorado VFW Post Charged With Stealing Veteran's Identity

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,340626,00.html

NEW CASTLE, Colo. — A Colorado man is accused of stealing an Army veteran's identity and using it for 24 years to get married, obtain free medical treatment and even serve as president of a VFW post.

Mark Mulcahy, 46, faces felony charges of identity theft, forgery and criminal impersonation. He was being held in the Garfield County jail Friday in lieu of $45,000 bail. It wasn't known whether he had an attorney.

Mulcahy obtained a military retirement document in 1984 in the name of David Keith Anderson of Modesto, Calif., according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

Anderson, also known as David Ronayne, died in a bicycle accident in 2006, the affidavit says.

It wasn't clear if Mulcahy had ever served in the military.

The affidavit says Mulcahy lived under Anderson's name in New Castle, 130 miles west of Denver, and used his identity to have surgery at no charge at the Veterans Affairs hospital in Denver. The upper gastric hernia surgery cost $6,296.

In 2004, Mulcahy joined a VFW post in nearby Glenwood Springs, saying he had retired after 20 years in the Marine Corps, the affidavit says.

He later became post president but members complained about missed meetings and other problems, and when state VFW officials tried to contact him, they were told he had moved away, the affidavit says.

Mulcahy married under Anderson's name and hid his true identity from his wife, the document says.

The VA's inspector general began investigating Mulcahy after a phone call from Mulcahy's wife, authorities said, but it wasn't clear how she learned of the alleged deception nor why she called authorities.

Re: President of Colorado VFW Post Charged With Stealing Veteran's Identity

Throw the book at the SOB!

Hope they lock this idiot up and forget where they put hime.

She called because the asshole lied to her, stole someone's identity, stole from the VA, and then decided he wanted to get involved in an organization where real vets would have figured him out. He most likely would have tried to implicate her I imagine since nothing else was beneath him from the looks of it.

I can say what I think we should do to him. There might be elderly people who would have a heart attack at my proposal.

One error in this story that none of you have pointed out most likely because of lack of knowledge of the VFW and other veterans organizations. In the VFW and the American Legion the head of the posts depts National Organization are refered to as Commander not President reflecting the Military nature of the organization.

Ahhh, that changes everything.

Mad Doc it changes nothing . If this Mulchay is foud guilty of stealing another mans idenity , reciving benifits illegally then of course he must bear the penalty.
Bobbi obviously wants to decapitate or at least remove some of his appendages without benefit of anesthesa.
What i pointed out was the apparent lack of knowledge of the makeup of veterans orginizations on the part of most of the participants here.

What I was trying to point out, through satire, is that the error is trivial. I'm sure others, like myself, caught the error and ignored it. As you admit, it changed NOTHING, and doesn't matter - except to a person looking for any excuse to put down his fellow veterans.

Mad Doc you ignored it because you didnt know the difference.

Duane,

Did you not get picked to play on the basketball team in the 3rd grade?

John R...

No, I would guess he did not, John. And most likely, his mouth made him the center of the dodgeball ring as well at recess.

Duane,

I could care less what the person who runs the VFW is called. I care more about what the VFW provides for veterans of foreign wars. I do not point out every error I see, as I am prone to errors myself. My lack of knowledge on what his title is may be directly proportionate to the fact that Dan is not part of the VFW. He was only a member for a brief period years ago.

But I, unlike you, did not then proceed to come here and pretend to be the ultimate authority on an organization I know nothing about. You know, like you do on Iraq, the history of slavery, and everything else you voice your opinion about on here. And not knowing something is not the same as forming an opinion on something without any knowledge of the subject.

Now if you had told us about sheep, I would have conceded that you would know everything there is to know about sheep. Especially on how to think like one.

From now on, I will ignore your posts. You have become the John Frushour of the BB, minus the wit, and intellect. I for one will no longer allow you to stir the pot.

I don't think that they have basketball, only the art of Cow Chip Throwing and the things that I have read by Duane proves to me that he can throw the BS with the best of them!