Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Another Bush chronie bits the dust

Housing Secretary Alphonso Jackson Expected to Announce Resignation

WASHINGTON — Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alphonso Jackson is expected to announce his resignation Monday, according to people familiar with the matter, according to news reports.

The exact reasons for Jackson's decision were not immediately known, although he is facing a criminal probe and has been dogged by charges of favoritism.

Jackson is expected to make an announcement at 10 a.m. ET.

Jackson's leaving also could hinder the Bush administration's efforts to tackle the housing crisis as it tries to deal with spreading credit woes linked to the housing and mortgage industries.

Earlier this month, two Democratic senators, Patty Murray of Washington and Christopher Dodd of Connecticut, sent a letter to President Bush urging him to request Jackson's resignation, arguing that accusations of wrongdoing had made him ineffective.

Asked if Jackson was planning to resign, HUD spokeswoman DJ Nordquist said she was "not at liberty to say what the announcement is," The Wall Street Journal reported.

Jackson, a former top housing official in Texas, Washington, D.C., and Missouri, has consistently denied any improper behavior while leading HUD. Still, his poor relationship with Democrats has hurt the White House's efforts to broker deals in response to the housing crisis. For example, Democrats have criticized the way he handled public housing after Hurricane Katrina, an issue that has dogged him ever since.

While the housing industry is in serious crisis, Jackson is under criminal investigation. Jackson, 62, has been fending off allegations of cronyism and favoritism involving HUD contractors for the past two years.

The FBI has been examining the ties between Jackson and a friend who was paid $392,000 by Jackson's department as a construction manager in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,343470,00.html

Re: Another Bush chronie bits the dust

Like rats leaving a Sinking Ship!

The only problem with all these Bush hand Picked puppets is that when they leave they really never leave. They just get another job and defraud the Government more.

Anyone remember Antony Principi? He was the VA Sec. before Nicholson took over.

Seems that the OIG just did an investigation on his company "QTC" and low and behold found out that QTC had Overcharged the VA 6 Million Dollars.

Makes you wonder about these Bush Republicans and Don't Forget that Gen.Peake the NEW VA SEC. also picked by Bush, was on the Board of directors of QTC just before he became the CURRENT VA Sec.

Its the Bush "Good Ol Boy" syndrome here! All done in the best interests of the American Citizen!

Or so they would like you to believe!

Don't believe him, or any other politican no matter what race, sex, or political party. I leave that up to people who are fooled into believing politicans.