Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
you be the judge

Taxed income...Left and Right

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics enlightening and amazing.

www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.html

Taxes under Clinton 1999 Taxes under Bush 2008
Single making 30K - tax $8,400 Single making 30K - tax $4,500
Single making 50K - tax $14,000 Single making 50K - tax $12,500
Single making 75K - tax $23,250 Single making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 60K - tax $16,800 Married making 60K- tax $9,000
Married making 75K - tax $21,000 Married making 75K - tax $18,750
Married making 125K - tax $38,750 Married making 125K - tax $31,250

It is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever. If Obama or Hillary are elected, they both say they will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen. This is like the movie The Sting with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

Re: you be the judge

I don't know that much about the benefits of the Bush Tax Cuts or what it will look like in 2010.

I do know this. Every time a cut is needed somewhere the first place they look is the VA.

Bush has proposed cuts in the Construction of needed facilities, prosthetic research and many other needed services in the Budget. From what I have read the Dems added them back into the Budget and rightfully so I believe.

Also you have the Tax Foundation with its point of view and many on the other side with their point of view of what it will look like after 2010.

I guess it just depends on what side your on.

Don't make much nevermind anyway because the Big Election will be the Judge as far as im concerned. The American People will speak and they will have to listen on that day.

Until Then, "Fish On, Bro"!

jinks

Jinx it looks as though subtraction is not you bag. With slick Willie and his Missus the wicked witch of the east someone making $30,000. ayear was paying $4300. a year more than they are now. I call that a considerable sum.
And if Barrack HUSSIEN Obama or the afore mentioned wicked witch of the east it will be a lot more.
The obsenely rich Demonis like teresa Heinz and her boytoy hanoi john will be exempted from taxes as will Killer Kennedy the clintons Obama.
So the only place they can get money for their giveaway schemes will be the ordinary american.
Anyone who can invest in this country ,start businesses to provide people with honest employment will take what they have out of the country to keep the dems from confiscating their hard earned money.

Seems to me that Bush is doing his share of "Giveaway" in Iraq. He does that while the Country goes deeper in Debt each day.

Like I said before, if he needs money for Iraq he just starts the cuts in VA services and then goes down the list of needed programs that AMERICA needs.

Like you Duane, He cares more about Iraq than he does about America.

Election Day will be the judge!