Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Obama gets more endorsements for the presidency

Ahmed Yousef Political advisor to the Hammas prime minister. The group that keeps throwing rockets into israel trying to kill children and women .
Ahmed Yousef has been quoted as saying Hammas likes Barack Hussien Obama and hopes he is elected and they know he will bring changes in america that will coincide with the aims of Hamas. This is of course natural for they are cut from the same bolt of cloth.

Re: Obama gets more endorsements for the presidency

John McCain is a maverick senator, Vietnam veteran and former prisoner of war for 5 years in North Vietnam. In 2000, he nearly beat George W. Bush by being an outspoken, even honest politician, which stunned everybody. He also is known for crafting bipartisan approaches to issues such as smoking and campaign reform.

This time around though, at 71, he apparently decided "now or never" and seems to have sold his soul, suddenly adopting a bunch of boilerplate conservative positions he was brave enough to resist 8 years ago. Now, conveniently, he's even claiming to be a Baptist instead of an Episcopalian.

It didn't look like anyone was buying it for a while there, but danged if he hasn't come back and pretty much sewed up the Republican nomination. McCain went from front runner to 3rd or 4th in various polls, spent all of his huge pile of cash and lost most of his staff, and worked his way back into a dominant position.

Here are some negative allegations:

Affairs -- Religion Shopping -- A Junkie Wife -- Keating 5 -- Mafia Ties -- Quotes -- Sources

That New Time Religion
John McCain grew up Episcopalian. He went to an Episcopalian high school. For at least 15 years, he has been listed as an Episcopalian in authoritative directories such as the Almanac of American Politics and Congressional Quarterly's Politics in America 2008. He told a reporter from McClatchy News Service in June 2007 that he was an Episcopalian.
Suddenly, in September 2007, he's campaigning in South Carolina, the heavily Baptist state where George W. Bush barely managed to stop McCain's presidential campaign 8 years ago. And guess what? McCain tells a reporter "By the way, I'm not Episcopalian. I'm Baptist."

When pressed, he said he's attended the North Phoenix Baptist Church in Arizona for more than 15 years, though he has never been baptized in that church. Now see, that's exactly the problem. Baptism is kind of a big thing in the Baptist Church. (That's how they got the name.) No baptism, not Baptist.

Anyway, details aside, this is one very clear indication of how McCain has changed. Now, he's just another hungry politician, happy to pander if it helps him win. Which eliminates the very reason people were excited about him in 2000 -- his honesty.

Founding Member of the Keating Five
Back in the old days, defendants in famous trials got numbers -- the Chicago Eight, the Gang of Four, the Dave Clark Five, the Daytona 500. McCain was one of the "Keating Five," congressmen investigated on ethics charges for strenuously helping convicted racketeer Charles Keating after he gave them large campaign contributions and vacation trips.
Charles Keating was convicted of racketeering and fraud in both state and federal court after his Lincoln Savings & Loan collapsed, costing the taxpayers $3.4 billion. His convictions were overturned on technicalities; for example, the federal conviction was overturned because jurors had heard about his state conviction, and his state charges because Judge Lance Ito (yes, that judge) screwed up jury instructions. Neither court cleared him, and he faces new trials in both courts.)

Though he was not convicted of anything, McCain intervened on behalf of Charles Keating after Keating gave McCain at least $112,00 in contributions. In the mid-1980s, McCain made at least 9 trips on Keating's airplanes, and 3 of those were to Keating's luxurious retreat in the Bahamas. McCain's wife and father-in-law also were the largest investors (at $350,000) in a Keating shopping center; the Phoenix New Times called it a "sweetheart deal."

Mafia ties:
In 1995, McCain sent birthday regards, and regrets for not attending, to Joseph "Joe Bananas" Bonano, the head of the New York Bonano crime family, who had retired to Arizona. Another politician to send regrets was Governor Fife Symington, who has since been kicked out of office and convicted of 7 felonies relating to fraud and extortion.

Family Problems
McCain has a reputation as a politician who has difficulty keeping his pants zipped, according to Republican sources. He acknowledges that his adultery broke up his first marriage. His second wife Cindy, the daughter of a wealthy Budweiser beer distributor, was addicted to prescription narcotics and even stole hard drugs from a medical charity that she ran. McCain acknowledges that she didn't want him to run, and only agreed once he promised that she doesn't have to go to New Hampshire or Iowa.

Quotes:
- Leonardo DiCaprio is "an androgynous wimp." -- McCain.

- "The thought of [McCain] being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He is erratic. He is hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me." -- Senator Thad Cochran of Mississippi, who has known McCain for 35 years.

I'll take my chances with Obama...nothing wrong with getting along with others or those you do not agree with!!!!!

Joy im very sure you would like Hussien Obama having ties to terrorist organizations. Anything that is anti american and dedicated to the destruction of the united states and the anillation of israel and the united states.

Duane the only thing who will destroy the United States is ourselves. Who supports who really does not matter.

And what cloth are you cut from?

And my name is Schmidt---just about as German as it gets. I suppose that makes me a Nazi?!

You forgot to mention, Duane, that in a tape released before the last presidential election, Osama Bin Laden effectively "endorsed" Bush by using reverse psychology on the American people.

NBC's Lisa Myers omitted any discussion of bin Laden's motivations in releasing the 2004 message, which the CIA reportedly determined to be an effort to assist in the re-election of President Bush.

Mike ivy i am cut from the red white and blue the american flag. I served under it as a volunter a man who went from a 4-f to a 1-a at my insistance Barack Hussien obama didnt do that Howard dean didnt do that. Did you?
Maggie ithink that the Osama Bin Laden did want kerry as the U s president for he and all the terroist knew they would get everthing they wanted with KERRY. In the same way the communists got everything they wanted for the democrat party in 1974-75.

I get the impression that if Duane's worst nightmare came true, and there was a Radical Moslem takeover in this country, McCain would be leading the morning "call to prayer" from the top of a minaret. Of course that would be alright as long as they called themselves Republicans.

Come on, Duane, try to be honest just this once - you know damned well that Bin Laden got exactly what he wanted when Bush was elected. He got a leader who was willing to invade and occupy a Muslim country, thereby creatting a recruiting magnet and a live fire training ground.

He also got a leader who was either so much of a coward, or who had other personal reasons, that he would never actually go after Al-Queda in their strongholds.

There are your republican patriots at work - talk big but sit on their chicken hawk hands while the murderers who attacked us on our own ground sit fat and happy planning more attacks.

Just a bunch of wolf-ticket selling street corner bad-ass wannabes.