Return to Website

The Ivy Division Forum

WELCOME to THE IVY DIVISION Message Forum 
THIS website is a private SUPPORT SITE for 4th ID veterans, active duty soldiers, family members, friends and everyone who supports our troops no matter how you feel about our leaders. Troublemakers, gossips. trolls, liars, etc are NOT welcome here. Posts that defame,, humiliate and/or intimidate other posters or the webmaster will be deleted without notice or comment. Please read the rules on the Main Page, thank you!
This forum has a long history, by interent standards anyway-unfortunately it has been abandoned for far too long due to real life circumstances knocking the heck out of what had been my very real desire to keep this board alive and well forever so that all of us could meet here and communicate with each other everyday.

I'm not sure that a forum like this is even needed nowadays since the advent of facebook, etc...but I hope that this once thriving BB does bring some of us back together again and that maybe some new folks will join us as well!   
Webmaster: Bob Poff, C-1-8, 1968-1969 robert8h@yahoo.com
Thank You for Visiting The Ivy Division.com!
Open 24 Hours a Day, 365 Days a Year
Friends of The Ivy Division
A.B.,HONORARY GRUNT!
jinks' www.vietnamvets.com messageboard
Jim Bury's Ivy Dragoons website
Redleg's 4ID Forum

The IVY Division is back, the love of my life
Julie and I are married and we welcome
you Back to the IVY Division Forum!!!

The Ivy Division Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rose colored glasses

Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
Security (FICA) Program. He promised:
1.) That participation in the program would be
completely voluntary,
2.) That the participants would only have to pay
1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
incomes into the program,
3.) That the money the participants elected to put
into the program would be deductible from
their income for tax purposes each year,
4.) That the money the participants elected to put into the program
would be in an Independent 'Trust Fund' rather than in the
General Operating Fund, and therefore, would
only be used to fund the Social Security
Retirement Program, and no other government program, and,

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees
would never be taxed as income.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
now receiving a Social Security check every month --
and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
away' -- you may be interested in the following:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
Independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
General fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
controlled House and Senate.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
A: The Democratic Party.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
Security annuities????

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
'tie-breaking' deciding vote, as President of the
Senate, while he was Vice President of the USA.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving
Annuity payments to immigrants?
This is MY FAVORITE:
A: That's right! Jimmy Carter! And the Democratic Party of course!
Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
began to receive Social Security payments! The
Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
even though they never paid a dime into it!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Then, after doing all this lying and thieving and violating
of the original contract (FICA), the Democrats
turn around and tell you that the Republicans
want to take your Social Security away!
And the worst part about it is uninformed
citizens believe it!

Re: Rose colored glasses

Social Security
Illegal immigrants are not benefiting much from Social Security. It's technically illegal to hire an undocumented worker so theoretically there should not be any paying into Social Security. But because of so many illegal workers who use bogus Social Security cards to get jobs, billions of dollars of Social Security deductions are made each year as well as employer payments into Social Security on behalf of those workers. Illegals are not supposed to collect on Social Security and because their Social Security numbers are manufactured, they cannot collect so the money has become a part of the controversy over Illegal immigration. There have been some estimates that more than $60 billion a year are being paid into the system because of illegal immigrants, money that would disappear if the immigrants did.

Immigration reform being debated in Congress could affect all this such as if amnesty is granted to illegal aliens currently residing in the U.S. or if illegal aliens are given some kind of participation in the Social Security system. There is no legislation, however, that would give illegal aliens Social Security payments if they have not paid into Social Security.

Jeffro,

You need to "snopes" these emails you get that seem to be reportable facts. You'll save yourself some embarasment.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/sschanges.asp

Curious to me is that I get these false urban legends sent to me all the time. The highest percentge of victims are Republicans. I wonder why?

John R...

The answer to your question, John, is pretty simple. The folks who are so quick to share these hoaxes do so because they prefer thinking badly about other people. It clearly gives them some sort of inner satisfaction to have a group of folks to disparage and dislike.

And they will not be denied their chance to say something bad about the group that they are choosing to hate this week just because what they are saying is untrue. It literally does not seem to matter that it is untrue, as long as it fits in with the way that they choose to feel.

I am a little suprised to see Jeffro in that group, though.

Well John R i am not a republican nor a democrat.

Both partys have gone over the edge for my thinking.

Jack my friend as for being in a groop. No way.

As for politics there all a bunch of self centered lying bunch of *******s who have surrounded there self's with such.

i think the liberal's and there democrat coharts have done this country a lot of injustance.Congress is a good example who have sit on the azz and done nothing for the American people.

As for Bush well i could write volumes. Is he out of touch YES but he is certanly not to blame for all the problems in this country as we set here and banter our words about.

As for the republicans They are totaly out of touch with the working man and this country in a whole.

I guess what you all can pick apart is the fact there are is not one running that i have any trust in.

I personally think this country is dire straghts no matter who get's in. If all this country can come up with is who have been in WASHINGTON learning the system who has had a deaf ear to the people of this country for so long and now think I should listen they and the complete bunch can go to hell.

JMHO